Not right while charging

dx1968

Reaction score
While charging phone acts weird. Keyboard is almost impossible to use. It jumps around to wrong apps (not the app I touch) touch screen acts like I have wrong charger connected. It came from Verizon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForum

konellaz

Reaction score
Bad charger.. I got a bad one out of the box when I got my incredible.. Call vzw will replace or go in to store.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
D

dx1968

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

konellaz

Reaction score
Atleast you had sense it was already charger.. Dinc was my first Droid coming from windows, and I freaked when that happened. Good luck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jordieg03

Reaction score
While charging phone acts weird. Keyboard is almost impossible to use. It jumps around to wrong apps (not the app I touch) touch screen acts like I have wrong charger connected. It came from Verizon

Exact same problem here!

Only got my phone yesterday and had no clue as to why it was happening, I ended up contacting Moto support who suggested I contact my place of purchase and request a replacement. Fingers crossed the new one is OK as the phone is amazing!

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
The Razr seems to be aware what is plugged in (USB, Car Charger, or A/C charger) and reacts differently accordingly. To properly use the A/C charger, make sure the Razr is off. Plug the A/c charger into an outlet then plug it into the Razr. The Razr will then go into charging mode with a battery symbol being displayed. Best not to use it while it's in charging mode.

jordieg03

Reaction score
The Razr seems to be aware what is plugged in (USB, Car Charger, or A/C charger) and reacts differently accordingly. To properly use the A/C charger, make sure the Razr is off. Plug the A/c charger into an outlet then plug it into the Razr. The Razr will then go into charging mode with a battery symbol being displayed. Best not to use it while it's in charging mode.

In that case, my RAZR is going back and a Galaxy Nexus will be on it's way to my house

Oh well, was fun for the day that I had it :icon_ banana:

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
In that case, my RAZR is going back and a Galaxy Nexus will be on it's way to my house

Oh well, was fun for the day that I had it :icon_ banana:

Maybe I'm missing something here. You can't lay the phone down for 1 hr to let it charge? A lot of folks do it at night while they are sleeping. I'm not flaming...just don't understand.

jordieg03

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something here. You can't lay the phone down for 1 hr to let it charge? A lot of folks do it at night while they are sleeping. I'm not flaming...just don't understand.

It's actually a massive flaw in the device if what you're saying is true. Fact is that I use my phone while charging when at my desk, then when up and about I use it when not charging. Something as simple as charging shouldn't be something that a phone cannot do, never before have I had a phone which cannot do this....

R

RETG

Could I ask where this information comes from, or is an assumption? I know this is not true on the X. ....Thanks....

jordieg03

Reaction score
Could I ask where this information comes from, or is an assumption? I know this is not true on the X. ....Thanks....

I hope that the information isn't correct, RETG. At least when I spoke to Moto they did not mention anything about this.

Anyone out there that could indeed confirm if it is true that the touch screen should go mad and be unusable when the phone is charging ?

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
It's actually a massive flaw in the device if what you're saying is true. Fact is that I use my phone while charging when at my desk, then when up and about I use it when not charging. Something as simple as charging shouldn't be something that a phone cannot do, never before have I had a phone which cannot do this....

You may be able to do it, I just don't try. Maybe some other users can chime in. I did notice that if I don't plug the charger in correctly it did some goofy things.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I hope that the information isn't correct, RETG. At least when I spoke to Moto they did not mention anything about this.

Anyone out there that could indeed confirm if it is true that the touch screen should go mad and be unusable when the phone is charging ?
I used mine quite extensively last night (had to do a Factory Reset because VZW rep screwed the initial set-up... not a phone problem) and I was using USB/computer charging and had "0" problems.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Don't use it while you're charging? That doesn't make any sense. Lol

Sent from my MZ604 using any sense. using DroidForums

orionsvantage

Reaction score
It's completely the wrong information. If you couldn't use it while charging why would they make a multimedia charging dock etc.

Phone works fine while charging.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums