4.1.2 Touch Screen Problems

Eric42041

Reaction score
After getting the new update I noticed an issue with my touch screen not responding to a certain area. I was in setting trying to turn my wifi on/off but it would only respond either airplane mode or bluetooth on/off. If i scroll the screen any at all touching the same area works fine. I also noticed it doing the same under my group contacts. Trying to select family it would only select coworkers or friends group. While on my home screen and in most apps it seems to work fine. I've tried a factor reset and also recovery. Any suggestions as to how I could fix this would greatly be appreciated.

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
jelly bean on droid 4 ota update

After getting the new update I noticed an issue with my touch screen not responding to a certain area. I was in setting trying to turn my wifi on/off but it would only respond either airplane mode or bluetooth on/off. If i scroll the screen any at all touching the same area works fine. I also noticed it doing the same under my group contacts. Trying to select family it would only select coworkers or friends group. While on my home screen and in most apps it seems to work fine. I've tried a factor reset and also recovery. Any suggestions as to how I could fix this would greatly be appreciated.

? did you have it rooted with superuser on 4.0.4 ? 2 did you get the phone with the original gingerbread os?
if yes to ? 1 you have to There is a great tutorial on how to upgrade the droid 4 to JellyBean and have a working Pageplus config. The Fastboot JellyBean files for the D4 are released so now it will be no problem to recover the phone if there are complications on the way.

Credit Goes to snoop1979 on howardforums with his method on getting the Droid RAZR/MAXX to work with Pageplus on JellyBean. The same steps can apply to the droid 4. The only difference is the SBF file you use on the Droid 4. The one on his tutorial is ONLY for the Droid RAZR/MAXX. Using it on the Droid 4 will just instantly brick the phone. Below is a link to his amazing tutorial.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...NG-on-PagePlus

The link below is the correct SBF file to use with RSD LITE for the DROID 4

Droid-Developers SBF

or Please perform a factory reset!
Follow steps 4-8 in the SBF section to perform a factory reset using the default recovery system. There were numerous reports of poor phone performance on the D4 after the release of the official ICS update. Most often these issues can be avoided by removing all data from previous android versions and setting your phone up with 100% Jellybean data. Regarding the ICS update, it was unfair to think that android could make such a dramatic change in its system while still trying to operate with outdated, and sometimes incompatible data. The transition from ICS to JB will not be as dramatic, but it is still recommend to wipe your phone to avoid any conflicts.
hope that helps the 2nd option is my best advice ,I know you did a factory restore but not in SBF MOST LIKLEY LET ME KNOW THANKS

OP
E

Eric42041

Reaction score
My phone was rooted with superuser on 4.0.4. I did not unroot before doing the OTA update. Also had gingerbread, it was rooted, didn't bother unrooting when the OTA for ICS released. Everything was working fine with ICS.

I've flashed 4.1.2 multiple times and started noticing problems as early as the activation screen. Starting to think I actually have a problem with my screen and its just a coincidence that it happened after I updated to JB.