area not responding to touch

Ken_photo

Reaction score
all of a sudden the right column area not responding to touch.

This is true no matter what screen I'm on or what app- ie calls, app drawer, home screen.

Tried uninstalling some updates and battery pull and no success. Any suggestions?

xaelith

Reaction score
I had this same problem a few months ago. The people at Verizon suggested doing a factory reset (Settings/Privacy/Factory data reset). It worked for a while, but started doing it again the next day.

Before doing the reset, I suggest making a list of your apps or backing them up somehow. If the reset doesn't work, then you may have to replace your phone. :icon_eek:

ricwhic414

Reaction score
I am having this same problem right now. I thought it was because I was running GB but I have went all the way back to 2.1 and it is still happening. I think I might go into verizon but I dont have insurance on my phone so I am guessing Im going to have to pay for a new phone out of pocket.

xaelith

Reaction score
Ouch...yeah, I've always paid for the insurance just to avoid such a scenario, but when did you buy your phone? If it's still within a year from when you got it and there's no obvious signs of damage (including the moisture sensors), then verizon may replace it free of charge.

ricwhic414

Reaction score
For me its been over a year. I know you used to be able to buy a refurb phone for 50 bucks but I dont know if they do that anymore or what.

xaelith

Reaction score
They might. When I replaced my phone, it was still within warranty, and the phone they gave me was actually a refurb (which was itself replaced...never much liked refurbs because I never have very good luck with them).

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I had this issue with just the virtual keyboard (part of the on-screen KB didnt work). It was within a month of my purchase so they exchanged it no problem.

If you are within the year you are good for an exchange like the others have said. If you are out of the year, I would just get a used droid off ebay or craigslist. You can get them for like $100, then upgrade once your 2 years is up. The D1 is still a solid phone when rooted.

I know they have/had some plan where you can buy refurbs if your phone is lost/stolen/broken and you dont have a protection plan. Other thing you can do is look in to how much it would be to terminate your contract and then sign a new contract thus getting you a new phone at the new contract price. I know if you bring this point up, the sales staff will work with you on getting a new/refurb phone.