Not right while charging

William_04_x

Reaction score
It's completely the wrong information. If you couldn't use it while charging why would they make a multimedia charging dock etc.

Phone works fine while charging.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Of course. There's the car dock too.

Sent from my MZ604 using DroidForums

orionsvantage

Reaction score
Are you using the OEM charger? I have a Motorola OEM that made my r2d2 go bonkers, disable my tbolt screen and worked fine with my curve 3g and fascinate. Never had those problems with htc, Samsung or bberry branded chargers. Also the no names I sell at work operate just fine

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

dustinslee

Reaction score
I have the razr and i use it while charging and it works fine... i leave it on while i am asleep and its charging... i dont see any problem...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Benjamin

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues using my RAZR while its charging. I've spent the last 2 days using it more or less constantly (really, 75%+ screen on-time yesterday) including using it while charging. No problems at all. If there are many problems for others, maybe its just poor quality control of the new style of charger that this model came with. Try using a charger from your last phone.

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
me too! my bionic goes absolutely haywire if i play with while charging, especially when moving around widgets :icon_eek:

I think this is an Android thing about charging and use. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab....same thing. Sometimes it work sometimes not.

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
thanks for the info.

that's interesting. i had the iphone for 3 years before getting into android, guess i'm still used to apple's UI lol

It's not serious as long as you deal with it. Too many other good things about the Razr.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Naw! I bet you're wiggling USB cable and that may produce wonky behavior. There is no other reason I can think of, the voltage to the phone is the same but intermittent power could be very inconvenient .

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

dx1968

Reaction score
This is what was causing the screen to act up. I used shorter usb wall charger that came with the razr and had no problems. Must be just a bad charger.

ECO Micro-USB Travel Charger - Extra Long 9ft Detachable Data Cable

konellaz

Reaction score
Bad charger.. I got a bad one out of the box when I got my incredible.. Call vzw will replace or go in to store.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hmmmmmm

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
D

dx1968

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yeah, thanks konellaz, didn't have time to reply after I confirmed with other charger. Thanks

konellaz

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks konellaz, didn't have time to reply after I confirmed with other charger. Thanks

Thanks bro!! The sarcasm was for the non believers ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

thehowells

Reaction score
I've had non OEM chargers do something similar.

I have a USB charger cord that came with my nook, and I used to use it on the original Droid with no problems. When I tried using it with the Razr, the phone would turn off and on erratically and would not charge. Since you are having similar problems with your phone acting erratically, I would suspect a faulty USB cord.