Top Applications From 2010 To Have

stdesign

Reaction score
What do you mean not just the "drop" folder?

With DropBox you have to (or did last time I used it) put any files or folder you wanted to sync in the 'dropbox' folder. With SugarSync you can select individual folders (and files) from anywhere on your computers (another advantage it works with multiple computers and keeps things separate, if you choose, so when you login either via app or online you can view the 'synced' folders from each computer instead of having one large mixed 'sync' folder)

When I tried Tonido it did much the same thing (through WiFi). Worked well for me.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting that they didn't include something like Beautiful Widgets.

When I had Lookout, once a week I'd get an email saying that everything was OK. Once in a while it said it took care of a Security Incident, but there was no way to tell what that incident was. I ended up uninstalling it.

I have Swype and Apps Brain. I don't use my Droid for an alarm so I don't need an alarm app like others might. Swype is an odd one to include. I mean, it isn't an app you can get by going to the Market.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't use any of the 5 apps listed, I guess for me none of them are essential to my smartphone experience

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
The only one I use out of the 5 is lookout, and lik others are saying I dont really notice a lag OR a use for it. It always says everything is ok, I expected it to go crazy when I rooted my D1, but it still says everyhthing i ok. I might uninstall it an see what happens, but I dont see a reason to keep or get rid.

Swype, like BacknBlack said, i type pretty fast with the D1, so I dont see a reason to have it. And also like others are saying I agree its not really an app.

Dropbox, I just downloaded but might uninstall and try the sugarsync. Seems like KZIWarrior knows what he is talking about. And never using it before, ill give it a try.

AppBrain, again I dont use, but I did download it and ill give it a try and see.

Gentle alarm, I don't use my phone as an alarm to much, so I don't see paying for ANOTHER alarm clock.

just my .02 cents dancedroid

???

Reaction score
I don't use any of those 5

I either type on my keyboard or the compact qwerty from the

ported HTC hack for one handed. don't need anything else.

markwebb

Reaction score
I have 4 of the 5 apps. Swype is a definite yes and I am lost without it.

I did have Lookout installed but it noticeably slowed down my phone. Had to uninstall it.

Reaction score
The five apps essential to me are:

Pandora
Bedside - app that allows me to whitelist numbers that I want to allow to either call or text, everyone else is blocked
Flightrack - very useful app for those who travel domestic and int'l flights)
Beautiful Widgets
Vlingo - text to voice and voice to text

CC

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know I'll get killed here, but I like SMS Popup, gives pop up sms noitifications but keeps it similar to stock ...

Reaction score
You kiddin me .... WordFued .... Couldn't live without it

User name: MSNemitz

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App