1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New Trojan Malware called GGTracker Mimics Android Market to Trick Users

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 21, 2011.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Developer's over at Lookout software have uncovered a new malware for Android that is extra nasty and sneaky. It's called GGTracker, and it is a Trojan that mimics the look of the Android Market in order to trick users into installing it. It looks just like the picture above for now, so as you can see it's pretty deceptive. Here's a quote from the AndroidCentral article describing how you can get infected, and how to prevent it,
    We thought it was important to keep you guys informed on this so you can help your less tech-savvy friends and relatives stay protected. It's getting like the "old west" out there in Android-land, but as long as we band together we can defeat the vile bandits.

Source: Android.net via AndroidCentral
  2. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

I remember the days when my apps and games had ads. Didnt like it one bit! Ad blocker FTW!
  3. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

Adfree Android is the best lol. not to mention I never click ads anyways hahahaha.....
  4. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

People actually click ads? Who knew :blink:
  5. Dusty

Dusty Premium Member Premium Member

Sometimes when you have big clumsy fingers you inadvertently click one every now and again. Sideloading should be turned off and only turned on "as needed" anyway.
  6. Limbwalker

Limbwalker New Member

It will get worse. They keep trying to get you . . . dancedroid
  7. Dwyndal

Dwyndal New Member

I click them all to support devs hehe i want more free stuffdancedroiddancedroiddancedroid and every beautiful girl loves me!
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

lol...I forget sometimes on some sites or blogs when ppl complain about pop up ads on that site. I be wondering that they're talking about...then I remember why I dont see it. I dont think I even see Googe text ads.
  9. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe New Member

Off subject but while you all were talking about it:

Adfree appears to be a program to download and update your host file, which as far as I understand in Android, is only going to block browser adds. Does host file apply to game ads too? Because all the games I play have ads.

Angry Birds Rio has ads still, with Adfree. If Adfree will prevent this, does anyone know the addresses to add to the hosts file manually?
Search tags for this page

android trick forum

ggtracker cant see portrait