Top Applications From 2010 To Have

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
androidapps.jpg

The Android Market ended the year with over 200,000 apps in stock, which means finding that perfect app is a little harder. No worries... Gizmocrunch has made a new list that gives you the top five must have applications from the Market. The list, unlike most, isn’t completely covered with task switchers like advance task killer, rather it’s got useful applications that even I have installed.

Here is the list:
Dropbox

Similar to the PC version, Dropbox for Android lets you access, upload and share all kinds of files and documents from your Android.
Swype

While the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update brings a much needed new keyboard, for the rest of us Swype may be the answer. Instead of having to tap out each letter, Swype lets you slide across them to make words. And every time you lift your finger a new word starts. It's faster to say the least.
AppBrain App Market

While the Android Market does exist, it isn't quite as good at finding and suggesting apps like the AppBrain App Market. Its best feature would be the carefully picked recommended apps. The AppBrain App Market scans your Android device to study what kinds of apps you download and frequently use. It then recommends new apps based on this information every time you log in.
Gentle Alarm

We just had to throw this in because everyone we know who owns an Android phone uses its alarm capabilities, however the preloaded clock app leaves much to be desired. With the Gentle Alarm app, it gradually fades the alarm in, instead of going off abruptly. It also has a clever little CAPTCHA feature which will force you to wake up and fill in the field in order to shut it off, very useful for those mornings when you just can't be late.
Lookout Mobile Security

By far the best app to protect your Android from viruses, malware and similar attacks. Lookout Mobile Security is a pioneer when it comes to Android protection and they were also the first to discover the Android trojan dubbed Geinimi which is the first malware for Android that displays botnet-like capabilities. Get it and stay safe, it's free after all.

Do you agree with the list or do you have your own? Please share it with us in your reply.

List via (Top Android Apps Of 2010: 5 Must-Have Apps)

Last edited by a moderator:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would never install swype or lookout....

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Recovery in Lookout is pretty nice. Anti-virus can be turned off.

DroidForums junkie!!

jerroedr

Reaction score
why wouldnt you use swype?

as for lookout, I thought antivirus was detrimental to the OS or something like that. or maybe it is unnecessary and just uses the limited amount of memory we have...

cpjr

Reaction score
I can't do without swype.....the rest I don't care.

styx

Reaction score
I love Swype. Lookout slowed my phone too much.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think Swype should be on the list really. Yes, it's a great application, a personal favorite, but the description talks about hard to find apps in the market yet the post refers to apps in general. Not too hard to find though:) Just saying haha

stdesign

Reaction score
Apps I've tried that I use all the time:

* Handcent: If you text, it is the sweetness. I love this app.
* Handycalc: If you math hard, or if you math soft... This (free) app will more than handle it.
* Google Voice: I use it for my voicemail handler, and it kicks VZW's Visual Voicemail's ass. The transcriptions aren't of much use, but can be quite hilarious to read.
* For music... WinAmp is good, but Power Amp is better.
* Do I really have to mention Angry Birds?!
* Another vote for Swype. I've gotten quite fast at it, though it takes some practice.

I know there are other threads like this one around, but I just couldn't help chiming in. My DX is far from perfect (been having a hell of a time with Froyo on this device, even after a clean re-install), but It's been a great year for Android apps!

Aimers69

Reaction score
i love swype, i use lookout (don't know if it slowed my phone at all), and i use SMSpop, ive tried handcent and hated it, and chompsms and didn't like that either however i like the easy use of SMSpop. i also use Babyesp to keep track of my babies schedule for feedings and naps throughout the day. beats having to write it down or if you forget the last feeding and you have been busy its a great help.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Replace Dropbox with SugarSync, a lot more options (i.e. you select folders, not just the 'drop' folder). More space and better online access.

Swype is GREAT!! no angrybirds???

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
What do you mean not just the "drop" folder?

With DropBox you have to (or did last time I used it) put any files or folder you wanted to sync in the 'dropbox' folder. With SugarSync you can select individual folders (and files) from anywhere on your computers (another advantage it works with multiple computers and keeps things separate, if you choose, so when you login either via app or online you can view the 'synced' folders from each computer instead of having one large mixed 'sync' folder)