Top 10 cities to receive free Google CR-48 Notebooks

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
How do you know if your picked for the notebook or not. there has been about 4 notebooks sent to my aria. however With our mail delivery service being pore It can get stolen or just "lost" more likely stolen as our mail delivery juy just trows the mail around.

you wont know until it shows up at your door and also they dont have you sign for it so its has even higher chances to get stolen especially if you have nosey neighbors

VannMann

Reaction score
I signed up a year ago when they first said anything about making an OS, they sent me an email saying I was going to get one and low and behold they sent it within the week. Lexington NC here.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I signed up a few weeks back the first time...went over the 140 character limit. So, a couple weeks ago I signed up again, staying under the 140 character limit...and still no laptop...nor any shipments to any of the towns local to me in Alabama...:icon_evil:

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I signed up once yesterday (from my PC) and once today (from my Droid X). After submitting the form, it says they'll contact you if you're picked...but apparently that isn't the case from what I'm reading here and on other threads? Interesting.

Would certainly be cool to get one...if not, ah well.

For those that have received one, has Google been "hounding" you about your experience with it? Or is it all just anonymous tracking that they're doing?

VannMann

Reaction score
No hounding or anything. Kind of wish they would start with the updates already. I think everybody is waiting to see what they have in store for it. I hope they give it more of a file system and a way to transfer data from usb to the netbook.

tareq

Reaction score
got mine last week

close to SJ, CA

man I live in Mountain View, 10 minutes away from google and still didn't get mine! how long did it take to arrive at you from signing up? how many times you fill the forms and is there any tips?

Big Ry

Reaction score
is that 140 character limit mandatory? i dont think i saw that when I applied and likely exceeded it (there was nothing in the form to stop you from going over). I applied to this thing like 2-3 weeks ago; that'd suck if i didnt get one because of something like that :/

Edward650

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a reply yet? How long does it take to know if you're accepted or not?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

WERA689

Administrator
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
One+ One, Nexus 5
Has anyone gotten a reply yet? How long does it take to know if you're accepted or not?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

There has been no acknowledgement from Google regarding anyone's acceptance into the program. Those that have received the CR48 simply have found them sitting at the door (or wherever UPS decided to leave it). I signed up the first day, and I'm still waiting.

Stenney

Reaction score
i got mine the tuesday before christmas. filled out 1 form. i'm in orange county, NY.