Top 10 cities to receive free Google CR-48 Notebooks

J

JohnDroid

We told you that Google was giving away 60,000 Chrome OS Notebooks and they are still sending them out. If you haven't signed up, I would suggest doing so. You can find out a bit more about signing up here. We also told you about how to see if your city has received one of the notebooks... just to satisfy your curiosity of who might be getting one near you even if you don't get one. Now thanks to the author of CR-48 shipment calculator we bring you.... the top 10 cities you should be jealous of. The top 10 list shows the cities who've received the most Google CR-48 shipments. So who are they? Well, here's the top 10 list!

1. San Francisco, CA - 556
  2. Mountain View, CA - 482
  3. New York, NY - 271
  4. San Jose, CA - 233
  5. Seattle, WA - 206
  6. Sunnyvale, CA - 158
  7. Chicago, IL - 150
  8. Los Angeles, CA - 138
  9. Austin, TX - 136
  10. Brooklyn, NY - 131

Glad to see my hometown of Austin, TX up there on the list but it's heavily dominated by California for sure. Here's to hoping that you still receive yours before the new year!

(Source: Chrome OS Forum)

Big Ry

Reaction score
5 came into Blacksburg VA and none were mine :( haven't seen a new shipment on the tracker for over a week!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I haven't received one as of yet. However a coworker got his nearly two weeks ago. I will say it is pretty slick.

syst3merror

Reaction score
this whole thing makes me sick!

I've seen about 20 of these sell on ebay already
I've talked to people on other sites that have had 4-5 ship to themselves and their family

but at the same time I typically always use chrome, I ONLY search using google, I own an android phone as does my wife, I only use gmail for email.....I would be a perfect person to test this because all I use is google products and I work from home so I'm online about 14 hrs. a day! But NOOOOOO, I haven't received one! /end rant

syst3merror

Reaction score
I am a little mad yes....and I've only filled out the form 2 times just so you know! ;) (once in my name and went over the 140 characters and once in my wifes name and was under the 140 characters)

Oh well, I'm sure I'll be just as happy using my laptop I have now, but that's beside the point! lol I WANT NEW STUFF!!!! haha

J*Bishop

Reaction score
bah! my chances of getting one grow slimmer by the day.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
this whole thing makes me sick!

I've seen about 20 of these sell on ebay already
I've talked to people on other sites that have had 4-5 ship to themselves and their family

but at the same time I typically always use chrome, I ONLY search using google, I own an android phone as does my wife, I only use gmail for email.....I would be a perfect person to test this because all I use is google products and I work from home so I'm online about 14 hrs. a day! But NOOOOOO, I haven't received one! /end rant

I am like you using mostly Google Products. I flash my T-MO G2 every few days with new roms. I only signed up to weeks ago. My Co Worker said he got his within a Week.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got mine on the 17th.. only one in my zip code :/

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
looks like a bunch of em are going to brooklyn...guess I still have a chance dancedroid

Lyubov

Reaction score
How do you know if your picked for the notebook or not. there has been about 4 notebooks sent to my aria. however With our mail delivery service being pore It can get stolen or just "lost" more likely stolen as our mail delivery juy just trows the mail around.