Tired of D1

Reaction score
Ok, so here it is, I got my D1 a year ago and about a month ago Rooted and ROMed it as well as overclocked and etc. When I had heard about the HTC Droid Incredible HD I became obsessed almost immediately hehe (btw please no arguing about the DiHD on here PLEASE) the reason for this was pretty much that my Droid kind of felt outdated to me and Ive always wanted a really good camera and HTC Sense and alot more trust me, the reason im posting this thread is that I would like to know from everyone out there what I should do? Should I keep the Droid though im tired of it... Get the DX, wait for the DiHD, or what? Heres Exactley what Im interested in if anyone can help:
8mpx Camera w/ Dual LED flash
shoots 1080p video
4.0 Res or Better
at least 1Ghz. processor
Dual Core
Front Facing Camera
Loud Speakers (like Droid)
3.5mm HP J
Im extremely interested in Dual Core after Cereal Killer talked to me about it:) so far i found a dual core proccessor rumor abouta rumored phone nicknamed the HTC Scorpion (1.5ghz dual core) Anyways if anyone could post some advice on what I should do (I have an upgrade ready) itd be more than helpful at this point:) thanxdancedroid

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where do you live? I mean, will 4G be coming to your city and is it something you want?

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Where do you live? I mean, will 4G be coming to your city and is it something you want?
I live in Orange Country but I dont want 4g to be quite honest, i mean seeing as fast as my droid is when clocked at 800mhz i suppose anything faster on the 3G would be perfect for me:)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
In all honesty. I would wait a couple months. See what's out. There's an awsome crop of phones coming in Q1 for VZW so its hard to say what you should get. But will have a better idea in a couple months.

Sent from somewhere...

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Kinda in the same boat here. I purchased a DInc two months ago and returned it. Loved the phone but it wasn't that much better than my Rooted D1. My D1 sorts feels old in the tooth as well.
If you get a X you can always upgrade again when the dual core phones come out.

Sent from the lastest episode of Regular Show.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Well ya that's what I'm most likely gunna do, I'm kind of scared to see the DiHD come out though cause that's my next phone of choice because I'm worried by the time it comes out it will be outdated cause competitors are always thinkin up something new, as for my droid, I'm getting tired of the terrible battery life and all, just really want a phone that can one up every spec my d1 has

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

markwebb

Reaction score
yeah.. Wait till first quarter 2011....lots of good phones coming. I know I am waiting til then.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Absolutely wait. I keep saying this on the forum. It really doesnt make sense getting a droid X right now with all of the cool phones that are going to be out so soon. You're just going to end up kicking yourself since the new phone you just bought was stomped out by new phones in a matter of weeks. Just wait and you'll be so much more satisfied. Its tough though, I have a D1 and while I love it, I'm itching for a new phone with more internal storage. But I can hold out for the dual cores

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my buddies just picked up a droid pro and a tmobile mytouch.... both devices are lightning fast compared to my D1... even though im oc'd at 1ghz.

waiting for a dual core however...

*DroidForums app DOES*

Eschy

Reaction score
Im thinking about waiting until im up for a new 2 year contract becuase they will have tri-core and possibly quad core processors and easily 1 gig of ram by then. Because quite honestly theres nothing on the market at this point that is absolutely breathtaking as far performance when compared to a rooted and oc'ed droid. While there certainly are better phones im just not impressed enough to spend $350-$400 on one. Im saying wait until you are due for a full upgrade next year. Trust me the phone you have is not the best on the market now but its pretty damn good. It will be well worth the wait if you stick it out. If you want you could go buy a D2 extended battery and run your phone between 1 and 1.2ghz. You should get a full day on a charge with it.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
I'm also extremely tired of my battery life even though I run juice defender, I can't wait till dual core, faster and more battery efficient for sure! Haha so yah thanx guys for convincing me:) what are the names of some phones you are all waiting for that are dual core? I know their are some already

Eschy

Reaction score
motorola olympus caught my eye. But Im waiting for texas instruments new dual core chip. If im going to get anything before my contract is up it would be a phone with that chip 1.5ghz dual core. it supports full 1080p and 2 12mp cameras.

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Does anyone here know what the Moto Olympus will feature??? and does anyone know when thay texas instruments chip might be put in a smartphone:)?

OP
XKXDISTURBEDXKX
Reaction score
Ohhhhh ya and is there such thing as a taskkiller for froyo that'd work? If there is what app would that be