Thunderbolt vs. Charge: some Q's and a poll

kparks

Reaction score
all the charge is a 4g fascinate its slow laggy and the screen to me is washed out.. i got to use one for a whole week and would never want to own one i left my tbolt when i went on vacation.. the tbolt by far the better phone! better better processor more RAM.. way more internal memory better build quality.. thats all facts. and my personal opinion is that it looks way better... plus they just rolled out a update for the bolt 30 min ago[/QUOTE]

And maybe they will get it to work correctly tonight.[/QUOTE]
I hope lol...dont forget about all the DX reboot and other problems when it came out so its not a first

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
After spending over a month comparing the charge and the tb, I got the charge a week ago (the rev was taken out of the ruining after the first time playing with the ones at vzw... Horrible screen quality). I have no regrets at all with my charge. Previous phones were a rooted og droid and an incredible.

I am not in a 4g area and I have had no problems at all with the 3g.

I also have not had any dropped calls on it at all and usually my home area always had dropped calls b/c rural and weak signal. It absolutely surprises me and what I worried about most b/c some phones have always done worse than others at my house but this one is excellent.

Hdmi-charge yes, tb no.

Bluetooth-maybe 2.2.1, thats what I see when I look at the app from my phone. Supposed to be 3.0. I believe it is better than tb though.

RAM-328 mb

Charge processor is 1ghz hummingbird.

Charge came with a 32gb sd card. Tb is also supposed to come with the same.

I have not noticed any lag unless I am running several applications at once but even then it is barely noticeable. Not choppy. No freezes, not one reboot.

Average about 10-12 hours battery life with normal usage.

I love it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Great reply, thank you.

But only 328mb ram? That's really depressing.

I played with the phones tonight and it was tough. The tbolt didn't have that same lag that the other 2 had at another vzw store. Revo was snappy and had a decent camera, but the specs still worry me. Charge was very nice. That screen is gorgeous and the camera took decent photos. It had launcherpro running and ran quite smooth.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
all the charge is a 4g fascinate its slow laggy and the screen to me is washed out.. i got to use one for a whole week and would never want to own one i left my tbolt when i went on vacation.. the tbolt by far the better phone! better better processor more RAM.. way more internal memory better build quality.. thats all facts. and my personal opinion is that it looks way better... plus they just rolled out a update for the bolt 30 min ago

The charge's screen looks washed out? Super amoled+ is supposed to be exactly the opposite of washed out...its supposed to be oversaturated if anything...however just from looking at the other specs they do fall short of the thunderbolt, except I heard the charge also is able to run 4g faster

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Great reply, thank you.

But only 328mb ram? That's really depressing.

I played with the phones tonight and it was tough. The tbolt didn't have that same lag that the other 2 had at another vzw store. Revo was snappy and had a decent camera, but the specs still worry me. Charge was very nice. That screen is gorgeous and the camera took decent photos. It had launcherpro running and ran quite smooth.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
all the charge is a 4g fascinate its slow laggy and the screen to me is washed out.. i got to use one for a whole week and would never want to own one i left my tbolt when i went on vacation.. the tbolt by far the better phone! better better processor more RAM.. way more internal memory better build quality.. thats all facts. and my personal opinion is that it looks way better... plus they just rolled out a update for the bolt 30 min ago

The charge's screen looks washed out? Super amoled+ is supposed to be exactly the opposite of washed out...its supposed to be oversaturated if anything...however just from looking at the other specs they do fall short of the thunderbolt, except I heard the charge also is able to run 4g faster

maybe thats the word i was looking for.. all i know is at some times it just dont look right at all.. and how can u say the charge has no leg thats the same ppl that say the DX and blur dont leg.. the last comparison i saw they both got about the same data speeds in 4g

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or maybe it was just that the charge connected and stayed connected to 4g better...however I do agree the colors in the charge just look oversaturated/fake...although personally the super amoled+ might be good for me being an avid Netflix watcher...I look forward to the next device to have it and hopefully its specs will be more up to par

Reaction score
i would get the Tbolt right now but if u can wait i would see if htc has there duel core coming to verizon anytime soon cuz like u ive had it with MOTO and i refuse to buy a samsung till they support there devices alot better so i would get the bolt or wait and get the next HTC device im having no problems with mine and it is as smooth as can be and no reboots im really happy with it BRO good luck but like others said the Charge is just to outdated

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
everything i read on the charge said 512 mg ram, but i just checked the settings on my husband's charge and it says internal storage 1.02g available!!!! i want one of these phones!

When I check the task manager on my phone, it shows only 328 mb ram. Maybe that is what is available for your apps and 184mb are secured for system functions??? Internal storage is 1.2 gb. Sd card storage is 32 gb.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
everything i read on the charge said 512 mg ram, but i just checked the settings on my husband's charge and it says internal storage 1.02g available!!!! i want one of these phones!

When I check the task manager on my phone, it shows only 328 mb ram. Maybe that is what is available for your apps and 184mb are secured for system functions??? Internal storage is 1.2 gb. Sd card storage is 32 gb.

That sounds right.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Thing that bothers me MOST about charge is that it feels and looks cheap. The icons on the home screen are huge and too close together, online everything looks big and just mashed...I don't like how it looks at all. I went to the store to give it a second chance, but I can't stand how it looks and feels.

I know the battery is better on it, somehow the thunderbolt has longer stand by time though...but I wouldn't trade this phone in simply cause of the looks.

And the screen is not that much better than on the thunderbolt. Over saturated screens don't appeal to me. I prefer realistic colors. The atrix is beautiful all around phone I think.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Thing that bothers me MOST about charge is that it feels and looks cheap. The icons on the home screen are huge and too close together, online everything looks big and just mashed...I don't like how it looks at all. I went to the store to give it a second chance, but I can't stand how it looks and feels.

I know the battery is better on it, somehow the thunderbolt has longer stand by time though...but I wouldn't trade this phone in simply cause of the looks.

And the screen is not that much better than on the thunderbolt. Over saturated screens don't appeal to me. I prefer realistic colors. The atrix is beautiful all around phone I think.

The Charges screen is MUCH better than the TB.
Not sure how anyone could think otherwise.

I used both at my local VZ store, and the TB just looked washed out compared to the colors on the Charge.

kparks

Reaction score

I used both at my local VZ store, and the TB just looked washed out compared to the colors on the Charge.

U need to spend more time than just 30 min at the store to compare phones. And u said the tb looked washed out??? Come on bro don't make up stuff to make a phone sound better... If u really think the screen looks washed out then u must of been high lol..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score

Washed out...right. Like I said realistic. The charge is overly saturated like every other amoled screen. I personally prefer realistic to vibrant and fake looking.

mamawm

Reaction score
And this is why we all love android, we can each find the phone that right for us and we're not stuck with a one size fits all phone.

alboboy10

Reaction score

U need to spend more time than just 30 min at the store to compare phones.

Right. The one thing you don't need to spend a lot of time to compare for is feel...the thunderbolt feels great on my hand. Looks great.

The screen of the charge is so clustered with icons, everything on it is just huge.

I can hack my phone to make the battery last longer, put bigger battery...but you cannot do anything to change how cheap the charge feels. I personally think samsung just put that phone together in a rush. The soft keys at the bottom feel horrible. So plastic too. Idk why companies try to make light phones and reduce how good the phone feels. I personally love heavy phones.

alboboy10

Reaction score
And this is why we all love android, we can each find the phone that right for us and we're not stuck with a one size fits all phone.

True. Even though I dislike the charge I'd still get it over the fruit phones.

kparks

Reaction score

U need to spend more time than just 30 min at the store to compare phones.

Right. The one thing you don't need to spend a lot of time to compare for is feel...the thunderbolt feels great on my hand. Looks great.

The screen of the charge is so clustered with icons, everything on it is just huge.

I can hack my phone to make the battery last longer, put bigger battery...but you cannot do anything to change how cheap the charge feels. I personally think samsung just put that phone together in a rush. The soft keys at the bottom feel horrible. So plastic too. Idk why companies try to make light phones and reduce how good the phone feels. I personally love heavy phones.
i like hevay phones to a extent for example the TBolt with a extended battery is not something i want to go running around the block with... i have never heard anyone in any thread say the thunderbolts screen is washed out tho before now lol...most all HTC and MOTO devices feel solid in the hand unlike the other MFR tho and no UI can touch HTC sense its so much better than everything out