Down to two, charge vs thunderbolt help!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Dcmagic, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Dcmagic

Dcmagic New Member

Ok so I got a chance to play with the phones today.

Charge - I like the physical properties of the phone (buttons, camera, shape) the phone screen quality was amazing. Its 4g

Thunderbolt - I like the shape more and the home screen ui better. It also feels more durable, s while the charge feels like cheap plastic...And the clock, I want that damn clock. Can I download the tb clock onto the charge? Lol
  2. Dcmagic

Dcmagic New Member

Also, do all androids offer swype?
  3. C_Pate

C_Pate New Member

Pretty sure they do all have swipe.
  4. leonozug

leonozug New Member

I'd go with the Charge. Better battery life, really beautiful screen, and Samsung is really stepping up with being more dev friendly lately. But even better yet, wait for the Galaxy S II to come out. You'll be happy you did.
  5. Stelv

Stelv New Member

You can not only get similar htc sense clocks from the andriod app market, there are also a couple of htc sense launchers that can be downloaded too for most devices. But to get the full htc experience you prolly want an htc phone. I dont recommend the thunderbolt though.

Just my opinion but the only decent phones that verizon has came out with lately are the Incredible 2, Charge and iphone.

Sent from my fascinate
  6. CrimsonTide55

CrimsonTide55 New Member

I would wait through the summer and fall to see what comes out. The newer phones coming out later this year will make me feel like I'm actually getting an upgrade from using my upgrade..

DX Liberty 2.0.1
  7. Dcmagic

Dcmagic New Member

I have to get one on thursday. Its really down to the charge or droid x2. I hate thunderbolt lol.

Not sure if I want the connectivity issues with the charge"s 4g

Or be stuck with 3g on the droidx2.

Grrrrrrrrr
  8. CrimsonTide55

CrimsonTide55 New Member

You live in a 4g area?? If not I would probably go with the x2. I would probably go with the charge if I was getting a 4g phone because of the better screen and battery life..

DX Liberty 2.0.1
  9. Dcmagic

Dcmagic New Member

I cant check right now. I live in aliso viejo, ca. Anyone know if my area gets solid enough 4g to get a charge?
  10. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I would do your research on the x2. Check out the x2 forum here. The posts on the x2 do not speak highly of it. People are reporting software bugs and memory management issues.

Sent from my fascinate
  11. CrimsonTide55

CrimsonTide55 New Member

I agree that there are alot of negative reviews on the x2 but most people who have modded it by freezing bloatware and running the v6 supercharger have been very happy with it. Its probably the best 3g phone to upgrade to today. I think the galaxy s2 is gonna be 3g and if so I would wait on that over the x2
  12. GDP

GDP New Member

Thunderbolt is the best 4g phone. X2 is the best 3g phone.

Depends on where you are. Will you be getting 4g soon?

Sent from my Thunderbolt
  13. Dcmagic

Dcmagic New Member

Again, like I said. I'm getting one on thursday so I can have unlimited data. And I checked the 4g coverage at my house and at my work and it says its full 4g coverage
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  14. Exayex

Exayex New Member

I returned the X2 for the incredible 2 and don't regret it one bit.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  15. AstroBoy

AstroBoy New Member

What is wrong with the LG Revolution? Better battery life than the TB, better form factor than the charge. Almost as good a screen as the Charge and way better than HTC's. Plus it ships rooted.

IMO the best compromise.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums
  16. CrimsonTide55

CrimsonTide55 New Member

I think the brand of LG scares most people off..not saying its not a good phone but most people arnt familiar with LG branded phone
  17. RockXP

RockXP New Member

My coworker has the TB and its a decent phone. The battery life on it sucks and he had to get the extended battery which makes the phone looks like a brick. He also complains that when you are outside in sunlight its hard to see. The dude rooted the phone and has made some tweaks to it.

I got a chance to play around with the droid charge and i like it. I think the 4.3 screen is an over kill and prefer if it was 4.0. The battery life was good and overall a decent phone. It does have a cheap and plastic feel to it. I wish there was a metal cover panel for the back. I am not looking for a full enclosure to cover the phone but just a panel to replace the back cover. That would make me happy.

My ideal phone is the Samsung S2 but that is not coming out soon and I had to pick a phone to lock in unlimited data since I have a regular phone.
  18. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

I would go 4G then. Plus 4G will have a better resale value if you choose to purchase the Bionic (or another phone full price) and sell your old phone.

Even if you only get 4G HALF the time, you'll fall back on 3G. It's still better than just getting a 3G phone.
  19. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

I think the main problem with the Revo is that it comes Bing'd out.
  20. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

When I was trying out 4g phones at Verizon, I immediately put the rev out of the running b/c the screen quality/ display was horrible; muted, bland color, very blah. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt and checked out all three rev's in the store and the screen quality was the same on each.

I actually was not even going to consider the charge b/c I thought the phone was ugly but I ended up loving it. Screen quality excellent, very responsive ( where the tbolts were not) and I liked the interface, swype keyboard, love the physical home buttons and the options other phones don't have.

I also tried out the dinc2 and thought it was an excellent phone but too similar to what I have now and wanted something different. It was my second choice.

After spending over a month reading blogs and forums comparing the charge and tbolt, I ordered the charge and should be getting it in the mail today.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

android thunderbolt versus supercharger