Why 2 buy Tbolt & not Bionic

OP
M

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
First of all, unless you're golfing partners with the CEO of either moto or vzw, I wouldn't take your "confirmation" as a true confirmation. Seems like confirmations are a dime a dozen these days. As of right now I've heard "confirmations" of "soon", April 14, April 21, May 5, "sometime in may", "sometime in June", and now late July.The only official announcement has been Q2. If they weren't going to make that deadline, i'm sure they would make an official announcement of a delay. Alls i'm saying is don't let the expectation that it will be late July effect your decision. If you wanna believe late June, since that is the end of Q2, you could go with that, but I wouldn't put stock in any other confirmations.

Just my $.02

And no, there is no second of all.

my source is solid dancedroid

OP
M

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
Here's another reason...

Bionic will be the most locked down device we have seen to date. The TBolt has already been rooted and overclocked.

You're stuck with what you're given and whats loaded on the device for the Bionic. With the TBolt, freedom is your friend.

plus you get the capability of being able to talk and surf web at same time.

zero7404

Reaction score
Until the Bionic actually comes out and you can actually hold it in your hand and physically test it against a Thunderbolt, how can you seriously compare the two and say which one is better? How can you say the Thunderbolt is better? You can't. The Bionic at CES was pretty much an X running the new Gingerbread skin. The quadrant test I seen posted on the Bionic that someone took at CES said it was running only single core. Until you see the finished product, you really can't have a clear better choice. We have no indications of the Bionics real speed, power or battery life. Let's cross the line on this subject when we actually get to do it. A lot of what people are saying about the Bionic is just rumors and speculation. We really don't know much about it yet.

true i have not had the chance to handle the bionic. but the device looks like it's better designed than the thunderbolt. the speakerphone on the bionic is positioned such that it is not obstructed whether the device is resting on a flat surface or not.

so, a thunderbolt user that's a heavy speakerphone user would have better sound popping the kickstand in order to hear the sound better.

if you were a sound engineer/designer, would you place a baffle or wall directly in the path of a speaker ?

additionally, the thunderbolt is not a completely redesigned phone from scratch. it's essentially a modified evo 4G. so the thunderbolt is the device that hit the market first with verizon because that's how htc and vzw rolled the dice.

slice it anyway you like, i'm just giving my 2 cents on the matter ....

shneeko6

Reaction score
Op, you're wrong. The charge is coming out this month, not May. This makes it hard to belive that the source of your "confirmation" of a late july release for the bionic is reliable.

vzdroid13

Reaction score
You can either wait 'who knows how long' for the Bionic on a 2 year contract and possibly tiered 4g and have it crushed by the Dual core Snapdragon phones a few months after or buy the Thunderbolt now on a one year contract and be ready for an upgrade right when the really good dual cores come out. The Atrix on Verizon or a Kal-El quad core(targa) may also be out by then. I know that the Bionic will be faster, but it won't be so fast that you should risk having to sign a 2 year contract w/ tiered data. There really isn't anything that the Thunderbolt can't handle right now (except of course Tegra Zone game), and by the time that apps really start using both cores you can upgrade if (and you should) sign a one year contract.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
M

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
You can either wait 'who knows how long' for the Bionic on a 2 year contract and possibly tiered 4g and have it crushed by the Dual core Snapdragon phones a few months after or buy the Thunderbolt now on a one year contract and be ready for an upgrade right when the really good dual cores come out. The Atrix on Verizon or a Kal-El quad core(targa) may also be out by then. I know that the Bionic will be faster, but it won't be so fast that you should risk having to sign a 2 year contract w/ tiered data. There really isn't anything that the Thunderbolt can't handle right now (except of course Tegra Zone game), and by the time that apps really start using both cores you can upgrade if (and you should) sign a one year contract.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thank you! Exactly what I'm saying. :rating10:

OP
M

MrNiceGuy

Reaction score
Op, you're wrong. The charge is coming out this month, not May. This makes it hard to belive that the source of your "confirmation" of a late july release for the bionic is reliable.

in the meeting i was in i pretty much tuned out once i heard charge, then tuned back in when the subject changed to bionic.

i have no interest in the charge....april/may either way no bionic till july.

Shortyj13

Reaction score
I had the OG Droid, never did the rooting path, but still loved the phone as my intro into smart phones. I was holding out for the Bionic but it keeps getting pushed back, and I heard they were having problems with the dual cores getting too hot. Either way, I went and got the TB, and I absolutely LOVE this phone. The Sense UI is a decent lay out, I like it better than the Moto one. I was going to install GoLauncher EX again, but it seems just fine the way it is. I don't know how much faster and snappier the Bionic can possibly be than my TB. Compared to my old D1 this thing is lightning fast (no pun intended). 40Gig of HD space is wicked awesome too. The speaker being covered by the built in stand seems silly, but the sound is just fine for navigation/speaker phone. The only thing I don't like is that they put the micro USB port on the side that is the bottom if you have the stand open to be in alarm/standby mode. Obviously done so people will by the charging dock for $70. But you can just stand the phone up long ways and get around that.

There's my quick story. Hope it helps.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I had the OG Droid, never did the rooting path, but still loved the phone as my intro into smart phones. I was holding out for the Bionic but it keeps getting pushed back, and I heard they were having problems with the dual cores getting too hot. Either way, I went and got the TB, and I absolutely LOVE this phone. The Sense UI is a decent lay out, I like it better than the Moto one. I was going to install GoLauncher EX again, but it seems just fine the way it is. I don't know how much faster and snappier the Bionic can possibly be than my TB. Compared to my old D1 this thing is lightning fast (no pun intended). 40Gig of HD space is wicked awesome too. The speaker being covered by the built in stand seems silly, but the sound is just fine for navigation/speaker phone. The only thing I don't like is that they put the micro USB port on the side that is the bottom if you have the stand open to be in alarm/standby mode. Obviously done so people will by the charging dock for $70. But you can just stand the phone up long ways and get around that.

There's my quick story. Hope it helps.

Ehhhm, just drill holes in the kick stand that line up with the holes of the speaker. Well, since I'm a machinist, at least that's what' I'd do. That would take care of the speaker sounding obstructed.