This phone seems like it was overhyped...tons of issues

chrisneel

Reaction score
Verizon still charges monthly for their VVM right? I've had an original Droid since november, and have been using a VVM program called YouMail. Its free on the Market, and I like it even better than Google Voice. There is so much more customization available on their website. You should check it out instead of paying Verizon for their version of VVM.

theecigarman

Reaction score
^fecurtis, I use itunemywalkman on my mac to sync. I have used ISYNC with my wife's PC and it will sync most everything but DRM files. Both work great for me.

I am upgrading to the droid x once I get home next week. Keep me posted on your thoughts of it. I am always interested in what other people have to say.

Geoff

ffej89

Reaction score
If your having trouble with Double twist there is another option. You can use salling media sync which works with your itunes

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your having trouble with Double twist there is another option. You can use salling media sync which works with your itunes

You can also just drag and drop your music on the X. I dont' see why that would be any different then on a Droid.

ffej89

Reaction score
I pull all my music from itunes. There are some files on my itunes that wont transfer to my phone but once i run them through Doubletwist they play. Not sure why

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hate to say it, but NONE of those things you listed seem to have anything to with the phone itself.

uhh...yeah it does, the phone and/or the software.

Either way, the phone simply does not work.

Take it in to exchange it or return it.....pretty simple and painless process.
Org. Droid had some that were lemons....All phones do.

OP
F

fecurtis

Reaction score
I've read it elsewhere and posted it elsewhere...
iSyncr for the itunes music solution.

It just works.

Nice I'll give it a try, it's $2.99 but luckily Marketplace gives me 24 hours to get a refund if I don't like it...that's a feature I really like.

rolandct

Reaction score
I mean, it seems like it'd be a great phone if it worked...

-Doubletwist takes forever to sync to iTunes and when it finally does, it misses practically all of my playlists.
-I just bought an app, I got an email saying I was charged, but it won't install, it keeps saying "Authorizing Purchase", when I try to cancel and get a refund, it gives me an error saying there's a problem with the server. So I was charged for an app that I can't even install and it won't let me get a refund. Luckily it was only $0.99
-Visual Voicemail with Verizon doesn't work, it won't connect.
-I try Google Voice, I get an error saying that it can't verify my phone number.

I'm giving this phone a few days but it looks like I'll probably be going back to Blackberry...that phone at least worked.

Figures...my other friend who got one today is in a similar boat...her battery won't even stay on for more than an hour or two before it dies.

Take it back for another if the problems persist. My VVM and Google Voice work just fine. I have installed over 20 apps already with no problems. I can't comment on iTunes as I don't use it.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Maybe this question should go in a PM but why are you using visual voicemail when your google voice account does the same thing for free? Have they added something special to visual voicemail in the last year or so?

cypherx82

Reaction score
Maybe this question should go in a PM but why are you using visual voicemail when your google voice account does the same thing for free? Have they added something special to visual voicemail in the last year or so?

He doesn't have Google Voice.

OP
F

fecurtis

Reaction score

I've never used Google Voice, I'll give it a try today, save some cash.

OP
F

fecurtis

Reaction score
I set up a Google Voice account online and tried running it with my app...it just says Retrieving Call Settings...its been stuck there for over 30 minutes, had to do a battery pull to get rid of it.

I'll stick to VVM for now I guess, I just can't seem to get Google Voice to work.

EDIT: Battery pull did the trick. Awesome, I get to save some cash.

Last edited:

zook_b

Reaction score
Obviously you are a noob if you are switching back to a crackberry!

lol thanks. It's really growing on me now, especially with launcherpro, I absolutely love the way it looks plus landscape homescreen = awesome.

I really like ADW launcher.

Glad to hear you are liking the phone now. I am loving mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk