This phone has way too many issues

FireDroid

Reaction score
I also have the same problems. Sometimes taking a pic it wont be in your folder when done. Also when trying to play music or movies I have put on it says it cannot play and I will have to turn form off and back on and it will be finr for a couple weeks. I assume this is a glitch with the OS for the media.

I am stock. I hope they do a firmware update to fix this as it is annoying to snap a one time pic or video oppertunity only to find it took the pic but didnt save it!!

Oh and it is a launch day model and never had problems until after the update!

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I guess the Droid X I have is special.=]
Im not having any problems...
As for the music player and camera, I prefer using a third party app..way way more options wither its for effects or just the looks..
Some ppl get lucky and get a device that's advertised on TV...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Nope..not special...you got the very same one I did...lol

I have had my DX for about 5 months now...started with 2.1 out of the box...rooted and had no issues. OTA updated to 2.2, lost root, then re-rooted, and still no issues. My GPS locks within seconds to no less than 4 sats...my camera only takes bad pics if I have been fiddling with the built-in settings and forgot to switch them back...video looks crisp and clean. All the music I loaded onto the phone plays fine, granted I dropped the stock player about 1 day after unboxing because it lacked any real presets or customization, so I cant really discuss it. Fact is, my phone has been flawless unless you count the Battery Manager FC issue...and I dont, its not an integral part of my phone for me...

Sounds like the OP either needs to do a Factory Reset or carry his device back to VZ and demand a suitable replacement...obviously it is defective to some degree.:motdroidvert:

Rindaen

Reaction score
The wife and I both have a problem with the music player either not playing the songs it just played the day before or simply locking up.
Doing ok today, would be nice if it was dependable.
I shouldnt have to carry my old iphone just to listen to music.

Camera app, since 2.2 sometimes will load other times not.

Third party apps should be there to enhance the device , not fix it...

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
As some of you can see, I'm not the only one with these issues. Returning my device won't do any good since this is obviously a software issue. I guess I have to hope Gingerbread comes out soon.

Reaction score
I would still exchange your phone bro... I don't have any of those problems you cited and I am still un-rooted.

It can't hurt to exchange the phone. You won't lose out... The best that could happen is that you realize there is something wrong with your phone...

The worst that could happen is you have the same exact problems.

Exchange the phone - It is worth it.

ricks

Reaction score
Just get it replaced and enjoy your X. Your phone is defective. Why wait.

Olivia

Reaction score
I'm coming from an iphone 4 so I understand what you mean when you say the iphone runs much more smoothly. My Droid X is quiet laggy sometimes and I've had to do a battery pull a few times. No answers for your phone though.

the5barrons

Reaction score
I'm coming from an iphone 4 so I understand what you mean when you say the iphone runs much more smoothly. My Droid X is quiet laggy sometimes and I've had to do a battery pull a few times. No answers for your phone though.

But you can't root (jail break) an iphone.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

ricks

Reaction score

If your phone is laggy, something is wrong with it. Why would you use a laggy phone? Get it replaced and have a phone that works beter than a iphone.

Big Fate

Reaction score
I would still exchange your phone bro... I don't have any of those problems you cited and I am still un-rooted.

It can't hurt to exchange the phone. You won't lose out... The best that could happen is that you realize there is something wrong with your phone...

The worst that could happen is you have the same exact problems.

Exchange the phone - It is worth it.

^Actually this does nothing for you.

Whoever claims the droid x doesent have problems doesent know what there talking about. I had to return my X twice already due to freezing up, market not getting installed on update, than every app and stock program uninstalling by itself. Music player locking up, camera not working properly, gallery... etc the list goes on. The X has many problems. I finally got one that doesent have as much problems but still has issues. I'm just waiting for a new hot phone to come out on Android and I'm switching over

ricks

Reaction score
Whoever claims the droid x doesent have problems doesent know what there talking about. I had to return my X twice already due to freezing up, market not getting installed on update, than every app and stock program uninstalling by itself. Music player locking up, camera not working properly, gallery... etc the list goes on. The X has many problems. I finally got one that doesent have as much problems but still has issues. I'm just waiting for a new hot phone to come out on Android and I'm switching over[/QUOTE]

You got a piece of crap, If my phone had just one problem, it would have been replaced. You are missing out on a great phone. Just get defective phones replaced from verizon.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
stop whining and replace it.

launch day phone here, 2.2 OTA with no problems (except lack of copy/paste) and that was fixed this weekend with rooting

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
As some of you can see, I'm not the only one with these issues. Returning my device won't do any good since this is obviously a software issue. I guess I have to hope Gingerbread comes out soon.

This forum is full of issues, that's what they're for:) And for the love of god don't install a custom ROM thinking that's gonna fix anything. You think this section has issues? Go over to the ROM section.

And don't hold your breath on gingerbread. You'll be due for an upgrade by the time that happens.

And returning your device is exactly what you do. The odds of an update fixing your existing errors is far fetched (froyo). No shame in trying a new device. My "like new certified" is working way better then the brand new one I previously had.

JMHO:)

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Big Fate

Reaction score
You got a piece of crap, If my phone had just one problem, it would have been replaced. You are missing out on a great phone. Just get defective phones replaced from verizon.

So that would be 3 brand new piece of crap phones in a row right? *Snaps fingers* shucks, just my luck... Knock it off, the Droid X is a good phone minus the issues... period

Blah blah blah...

U serious? Is that a droid image tatted on your back? lol

Last edited: