Thinking of switching to an iphone

ndnh

Reaction score
Honestly guys their technology is just far and away better. Also, when a lot of apps are updated, I have to wait a month or more before getting the darn android one.

What should I do? I know I'll have fewer app options with an iphone, but at least I'll have the latest technology

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The latest technology.

-If by latest technology you mean hardware:

-Android devices are light years ahead of iOS devices in terms of hardware.
-However, Apple devices did have better screens and cameras for a time but this was due to licensing of the factories that produced those components.

-If by technology you mean software:

-The two cannot really be compared.
-But if you were insistent they are more alike than you than people think.
-Apple had the upper hand in aesthetics and fluidity of the OS but since Jelly Bean Android has resolved most of those issues.
-Android had the upper hand in raw usage of the device such as multitasking and customization of the device. Apple has made lots of headway in utilizing its quality parts in the iPhone. Though customization still is unattractive without jail breaking and even then is cumbersome.

-If by technology you mean app availability:

-Older apps will have a bias toward iOS development due to the domination of iOS earlier.
-There is much more parity now and you see some bias toward Android devices due to the high numbers.
-The impact of these biases really depends on the user and their particular breadth of app choices.

Conclusion

-Only the individual user can make the assessment you're trying to make.
-Speaking in any sort of generalization tends to limit the discussion of the pros and cons of either type of device.
-It appears as though based on your limited information that Apple devices would be better as the apps that you use tend to be biased toward iOS.
-And you did not seem to have any other needs in a device outside of those apps.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
The latest technology.

-However, Apple devices did have better screens and cameras for a time but this was due to licensing of the factories that produced those components.

-Apple had the upper hand in aesthetics and fluidity of the OS but since Jelly Bean Android has resolved most of those issues.
-Android had the upper hand in raw usage of the device such as multitasking and customization of the device. Apple has made lots of headway in utilizing its quality parts in the iPhone. Though customization still is unattractive without jail breaking and even then is cumbersome.

-Older apps will have a bias toward iOS development due to the domination of iOS earlier.
-There is much more parity now and you see some bias toward Android devices due to the high numbers.
-The impact of these biases really depends on the user and their particular breadth of app choices.

Conclusion

-Speaking in any sort of generalization tends to limit the discussion of the pros and cons of either type of device.
-It appears as though based on your limited information that Apple devices would be better as the apps that you use tend to be biased toward iOS.
-And you did not seem to have any other needs in a device outside of those apps.

That pretty much sums it up.
The reason apple stuff is "better" is because there is no fragmentation like with android. Their apps only have to be compatible with iphone, ipod, and ipad where as android has 100s of different devices. Thats why they usually come out first on apple.

Sent from my vzw Galaxy Note 2

rameshhelp

Reaction score
Im good with iphones. jst trying out s3. iphone in general is good. samsung noticed having battery issues

OP
N

ndnh

Reaction score
The latest technology.

Conclusion

I haven't seen one example of bias towards droid apps. Nearly every app that comes out is either made only for ios or is made or updated for droid 6-9 months later on average

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
yea get an iPhone.. they have very informative commercials

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the decision has been made.
I'd say go for it. If you end up not liking ios , Android well still be around at next upgrade time.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
All I have to say is, if you want the latest technology, I don't think you'd find that over at Apple. In my opinion, Android has taken the lead and doesn't look like its going to slow down any bit. Jelly Bean put Android in the lead as it can do just about everything iOS does and some, without the lag anymore as well. I can only see Android improving from here on out and iOS playing catchup. Imo, Apple has become stale ever since the passing of Jobs and it doesn't seem like anyone there is even half as innovative as he was.

That's not to say the iPhone is a bad phone, it's a terrific phone and it still sets the bar. I've heard many longtime Android users switching to the iPhone, some ending with happiness, some left wanting parts of Android back. I've also heard many longtime Apple users jump over to Android and haven't looked back. It's all personal preference and I'll leave it at that. Good luck on your decision, but no matter which one you make, both OS are here to stay for quite awhile.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I don't know, open the iphone box and turn the phone on - hope you like the way it looks because the only thing you can change is the wallpaper! How about getting an ipad, then you can have both! :biggrin:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know, open the iphone box and turn the phone on - hope you like the way it looks because the only thing you can change is the wallpaper! How about getting an ipad, then you can have both! :biggrin:

The financial aspect of switching systems is another consideration. Had I not already had an Android phone I might not have switched my tablet from an iPad to a Tab. I had about $100 tied up in ios apps. Good Reader, Splashtop, non Safari browser, etc aren't free but are must have on ios imo, but I use my tablets totally differently than I do my phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
N

ndnh

Reaction score
The financial aspect of switching systems is another consideration. Had I not already had an Android phone I might not have switched my tablet from an iPad to a Tab. I had about $100 tied up in ios apps. Good Reader, Splashtop, non Safari browser, etc aren't free but are must have on ios imo, but I use my tablets totally differently than I do my phone.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

This is a good point, but I'd rather pay $1 for an app than wait three months for it while my friends are enjoying it or never get it at all

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I haven't seen one example of bias towards droid apps. Nearly every app that comes out is either made only for ios or is made or updated for droid 6-9 months later on average

-Facebook app is biased towards Android devices.

-All Google apps, YouTube, Maps, etc.

-Most high end games are biased towards Android.

-Older apps like Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds, Instagram were biased towards iOS because it was the most prevalent. And easier to program for due to fragmentation particularly in the early days of radical changes to the Android OS.

The largely static iterations of ICS and JB are making that a wash. KLP and significantly better recent manufacturer cooperation will likely continue that trend.

-I think you are jumping the ship a little too late, 6 months ago would have been better.

-I think short term you're making the correct decision.

93fuelslut

Reaction score
what android phone do u have?
if u want, and my mom, would u consider a trade for an iphone 4 in outstanding condition with a body glove case.

summit21

Reaction score
Hardware is not even close Android>Iphone, not even close really. The next gen devices arriving as we speak, HTC One, along with the next sammy, and Motorola in the spring, are going to be light years ahead of the Iphone in terms of hardware.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hardware is not even close Android>Iphone, not even close really. The next gen devices arriving as we speak, HTC One, along with the next sammy, and Motorola in the spring, are going to be light years ahead of the Iphone in terms of hardware.

he doesn't care about hardware, he just wants to be the first to play the update of angry birds lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk