These signal drops are getting ridiculous

Lois

Reaction score
Keep your phone on LTE/CDMA or if poor 4g area, put it in 3g only mode using the LTE on/off app.
s
I have mine on LTE/CDMA, and get very spotty 4G while at work, which seems to be draining my battery (or at least, something's draining my battery). Where can I fnd the LTE on/off app?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Look 4 posts above yours... in the play store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I have mine on LTE/CDMA, and get very spotty 4G while at work, which seems to be draining my battery (or at least, something's draining my battery). Where can I fnd the LTE on/off app?

go to the play store and download LTEOnOff, then open, follow the instructions that will pop up (cdma auto (PRL)) that will put you on 3g only. to undo just do it again or go to settings/more/mobile networks/net work mode/LTE-CDMA:biggrin:. saves bunches of bat ray for me.:biggrin:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
lloydstrans said:
go to the play store and download LTEOnOff, then open, follow the instructions that will pop up (cdma auto (PRL)) that will put you on 3g only. to undo just do it again or go to settings/more/mobile networks/net work mode/LTE-CDMA:biggrin:. saves bunches of bat ray for me.:biggrin:

Thanks Lloyd! Lois, this pretty much explains it. This should make a huge difference when in poor 4g. Let us know if you have any more questions.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Cool! Keep us posted how well it works.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I live in a 3G only area, have installed LTE on/off and still get signal drop at least twice a day. It last usually about 30 seconds and pops right back on.
This is my second Maxx and it did it on the original too. It has basically become a daily routine for me now.
Also,I am on .215 and that didnt help it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I wonder if it is location specific because I live in a 3g area and I am often in a weak 3g area but I rarely ever have drops. It is always a surprise when I do. There is one very specific area that I pretty much know I am going to lose my data signal. Other than that one area, I am always good to go. On GB, I had to keep it on 3g only mode to maintain a good signal and not drain battery but since ICS, I never put it on 3g only and actually have better data connection.

merridy

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
Look 4 posts above yours... in the play store.

OK...thanks

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I wonder if it is location specific because I live in a 3g area and I am often in a weak 3g area but I rarely ever have drops. It is always a surprise when I do. There is one very specific area that I pretty much know I am going to lose my data signal. Other than that one area, I am always good to go. On GB, I had to keep it on 3g only mode to maintain a good signal and not drain battery but since ICS, I never put it on 3g only and actually have better data connection.

I've tried mine on the regular lte/cdma settings too and it still happens. I'm so used to it now that I really dont worry about it anymore. I figure there will be a fix.....................someday. :p

merridy

Reaction score
Tried it...over and over
Rebooted....no luck for me either..
Hahaha guess I'll live!?! :)

cutiedroid

Reaction score
My 4G dropped the other day and hasn't been seen since. Since I'm used to 3G from having a D2G it doesn't bother me. Plus I have wi-fi at home. I guess the 4G will come back some day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Caric

Reaction score
Could try the "Restore Connectivity Settings for Razr" app (by Motorola) in the Play Store. I usually run it whenever my signal drops out totally.