Loss of service

mbell75

Reaction score
Well at first I thought I was having problems because I installed a few bad apps, but after uninstalling, my problem persists. I never had problems with my first Maxx and haven't had any issues with this new one until 3-4 days ago. My 4G indicator and signal bars go from blue to white and I lose all data for a good 2 minutes and then it comes back on for 30 seconds and goes back off. This happens intermittently thoughout the day, sometimes it works ok, which makes me think it could be a network problem more than a hardware problem. Any ideas?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Do you have any smart actions on?

Is background sync on? Wifi?

Toggle airplane mode.

Toggle 4g.

Reboot phone.

Wait a couple days and go to Verizon.

Alternatively wait a couple days and factory reset phone.

This would be my method of attack.

Tuna62

Reaction score
A few days ago I was getting in and out connection as well. It turned out Verizon was ramping up 4G in my area. Are you in a normally good 4G area?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had a customer return a RAZR yesterday because it would not keep a data signal. She had about 3 different battery saving apps installed (not to mention including stock apps, there were 120) and even upon deleting the apps and ensuring that the data was enabled, there still was no signal. We tried a new SIM card as well, to no avail. Ended up just exchanging the phone for a new one.

I have experienced data drops when my phone is on the border of 4g/3g. It will completely drop for about 10 seconds and then come back on. I just leave my phone on 3g now unless I know I'm going to need a fast connection.

OP
M

mbell75

Reaction score
Haven't had any issues until this new Maxx. Went to Verizon today and thy got me a new SIM card. Worked for about 10 minutes and started dropping data connection again. They are sending me a new phone tomorrow so we will see.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK try this, power off, remove your simcard, power on. Power off, reinsert your simcard, power on.

Are you using an app killer of battery saver other than the task manager and smart actions that come with the device??

If so, go into the play store, search for Motorola restore connection. Download and run this. This should help.
Here's a link to it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.android.restoreapn.droidrazr&hl=en

Also delete the third party app killer/battery saver, if you have one installed.
DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
M

mbell75

Reaction score
OK try this, power off, remove your simcard, power on. Power off, reinsert your simcard, power on.

Are you using an app killer of battery saver other than the task manager and smart actions that come with the device??

If so, go into the play store, search for Motorola restore connection. Download and run this. This should help.
Here's a link to it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.android.restoreapn.droidrazr&hl=en

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Thanks but they already did that before they gave me a new SIM card and I shouldn't have to download an app to make my $300 phone thats costing me $155 a month work. No task killers or smart actions. First Maxx didn't do it, this one is, must be a hardware issue. Lets hope my Maxx that comes tomorrow works correctly.