These signal drops are getting ridiculous

Xproplayer

Reaction score
I can't go 5 minutes without having my 4g drop to bars only, then no internet for 15-30 seconds, then 3g, then after another minute, signal completely drops again, no internet for 5-10 seconds, then 4g. another 5 minutes later, bye bye 4g, start the whole cycle again. I have no idea what could be causing this, it has to be some sort of software quirk, because when I use constant data with the screen locked (tethered for 11+ hours with no problems) nothing happens, but oh no, you try and watch a 10 minute youtube video? It's going to crash the internet. Is anyone else having this problem? I would love to take it to the verizon store and just throw it at them since this shouldn't be happening. Is this a specific app that is causing this? Or do you think the whole phone could be the problem? I would app wipe it to see if that fixes it but I won't be able to get my paid apps back since applanet has been seized by the US gov.

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated.

arek

Reaction score
I had the same problem on my bionic I somehow got to upgrade to a razr max, getting it on Monday. From what I hear that hapens when there is too much traffic on a tower and it switches between the towers is what makes the net drop, the phone is being slow on the switch. Thats just what I heard, is it true I dont know, it sounds like it makes sence but at the same time thats bs. I got an early update because of that.I made them give me replacement phone because of that issue,it never fixed the problem it just made it worst after 3 phone replacements they gave me an early update. We will se what happens with this new phone.

Caesars

Reaction score
I switch between evdo And lte lot as well, but my coverage isn't the best. What's your coverage like?

Googorola MAXX

OP
X

Xproplayer

Reaction score
Will verizon replace my phone for this? It never used to do this, problem just started recently and it's to the point where I can't even use my phone to browse youtube or reddit for 5 minutes without signal dropping.

AirJunky

Reaction score
Are you in the USA? Have you tried disabling Global Network Mode?

Rhino94

Reaction score
They probably will replace the phone if you take it in but they might want to try some things like formatting it, etc. See Verizon has a great thing going right now but they are ****ing up. They don't have enough bandwidth on their towers and that is a cheap move on their part. They just want 4G LTE everywhere before it works in some places.

merridy

Reaction score
I've thought about disabling my global. Any one else done this. Mine acts the same way as his...not real happy with my 4G

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
There is absolutely no reason to keep your phone in global mode unless you are traveling outside the country. It will use more battery & have more problems maintaining a connection. Keep your phone on LTE/CDMA or if poor 4g area, put it in 3g only mode using the LTE on/off app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
To turn off global data, go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

To put your phone in 3g only (CDMA) go to play store and install the app LTE OnOFF (originally made for thunderbolt but works for us too).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
NP. Hope you see a difference. Let us know.

merridy

Reaction score
I hate to worry u...but after I download the thunderbolt... do u click or do anything?