Does your 4G ever drop for a few seconds or a couple of minutes?

GSdub510

Reaction score
From my house I usually have 2 or 3 bars of 4G...so sometimes (about once a day) when i'm web browsing on 4G it will just drop (4G logo in the top right corner disappears and its just bars...then the 4G logo comes back but it is white (it only works when it's blue.)

this just happened to me for a few minutes, turned the 4G off and then on again (i use a widget from Go Launcher EX to do this), didn't do anything. but now it's back but did it on its own

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-support/203904-4g-dropping-out-razr-maxx.html

s
ame thing with this guy

mbell75

Reaction score
Yep, mine does this a lot and my data will drop completely. Its really pissing me off. Have tried everything from pulling the SIM card to getting a new SIM card to a new MAXX. About to dump it for another phone because this is ridiculous and Verizon has zero answers.

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
This happened twice in the last ten minutes it's ridiculous. And we shouldn't have to settle for 3G because we paid for LTE.

mbell75

Reaction score
Where do you guys live and how long has this been happening? Only been happening to me the last week or so. Download an app called Restore Connectivity Settings from Motorola Mobility and run it. I don't have any battery saving apps or task killers installed but this seems to restore my 4G for a good 3-4 hours. Another irritating thing is your battery goes much faster when its constantly searching for and losing data connection.

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
Bay Area over here and I did install that 2 hours ago and rebooted the phone and so forth...then like 10 min ago it dropped. So this can't be a serious fix...

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
It's been doing it about the same as your phone

wxman2003

Reaction score
Facebook app has been known to cause these problems on the razr. Not only is it a battery hog, it also causes other problems. Other apps could be the culprit too. Also, not every tower has 4G, and you may be actually connecting to a tower further away from the 3G tower, and thus you will see it switch back and forth between the closer 3G tower and the further away 4G tower. I notice that at my house. When I lose my 2 bars of 4G, 3G comes in at 4 bars, so I know my phone is trying to connect to a tower further away for 4G. i did remove my Facebook app and then did the following. it will make your phone more stable.

Turn phone off.

While off, press and hold both volume keys and power on phone.

Press volume key down to highlight recovery and then press volume key up to boot into recovery. Then you will see android icon with triangle.

Press both volume keys.

Choose clear cache partition using down volume and press power button to clear cache.

Highlight reboot / restart and press power and your phone will reboot.

RicKaysen

Reaction score
I used to have a very solid 4G signal in central NJ, then I moved to Fort Lauderdale....ugh. My phone indicates 2 or 3 bars in 4G, but it's slow with frequent loss of a data connection and it only takes driving a few blocks to notice I'm down to 3G. I was talking to a sales rep in a Best Buy Mobile store about it and his opinion was that ATT has a more robust network down here. I switched from ATT to Verizon a few years ago in NJ because of poor reception and I don't relish the idea of having to switch back.

mbell75

Reaction score
I tried uninstalling the FB app a few days ago too thinking maybe that was it, didn't matter, problem still persisted.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys live and how long has this been happening? Only been happening to me the last week or so. Download an app called Restore Connectivity Settings from Motorola Mobility and run it. I don't have any battery saving apps or task killers installed but this seems to restore my 4G for a good 3-4 hours. Another irritating thing is your battery goes much faster when its constantly searching for and losing data connection.

I live in the Milw area, and this happens to me mostly when I am at work (Costco, about 35 min from my house). Our building is known for having a crappy 4G signal, so now I typically put my phone to 3G and do not experience a problem. It has dropped a few times outside of work as well though.

TripleX

Reaction score
Mine does it all the time even if I have full 4G signal... I don't have the Facebook app. If I want service back fast I have to turn my phone off then back on, otherwise it has taken up to or more than 5 minutes. :blink:

RicKaysen

Reaction score
I have to resort to rebooting sometimes also. Any word on whether ICS will help connectivity?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Mine does it on 3G and 4G and no ics will not make it any better unless they Change the radios in the update