[Theme] xTheme (Droid X) for CyanogenMod 6

brianjcohen

Reaction score
I was looking forward to using this theme, but when I applied it on top of CM6, I too could not get past the boot animation.

C

cdexsw

what happened to my other 3 posts? oh well.

I got this theme to finally work. The original theme is based of the CM6 RC1 release so it will not work with the CM6-Stable release as the Framework-Res-apk is different.

So I was able to port this theme (after much trial and error) and I can say say.....this this is now working 100% with CM6-Stable as a flash-able update.

There is still the Black Box w/Black Text issue however. I was just in a hurry to get it up and working and did not feel like editing the style.xml file.

However, I will NOT upload it until Fabolous gives me permission too as it is his theme. I have sent him a pm asking him nicely to pleaes update this theme or allow me to upload the updated theme myself. :)

until then.......

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cdexsw

There is still the Black Box w/Black Text issue however. I was just in a hurry to get it up and working and did not feel like editing the style.xml file.

*Note* i decompiled the framework-res.apk and edited the style.xml found within /res/values. i recompiled the framework-res.apk and signed it (to avoid any boot-loops). i ported the theme (again) with the latest CM6 for Droid and saved it as a flash-able zip file. the black text issue is now corrected. i used color code #ffffffff (white). the boxes are still black/darkgray.

the theme can only be flashed using clockwork recovery. after Fabolous gives me the thumbs up to upload this here someone else can redo the file for SPRecovery if they'd like.

patiently waiting for Fabolous to ok the upload........until then..........

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cdexsw

so Fabolous gave me the "go ahead" to upload the updated theme for cm6-stable. unfortunately my laptop took a nose dive - literally. it got knocked off a table at a coffee shop and....BAM! i kept all my work on it. so needless to say i lost everything. when i get my new system up and running.....i will start porting again. sorry everyone.

Sent from my Asus N61Jv NetBook

Shizzy1427

Reaction score
Do you think we could get the lockscreen from the droid X/ Droid 2? the metallicy looking one? I'm curious to try that one out.

brianjcohen

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm currently running the Smoked Glass-esque CM6 theme with the Droid X ADW Launcher theme freely available from the Market, and it's a pretty decent looking experience. I'm happy with it.