[Theme] xTheme (Droid X) for CyanogenMod 6

triplecrown

Reaction score
Well that one worked. Sucks for me though. I was under the impression it was only the black bar and not the whole theme. I am actually kind of diggin it though. Thanks man, I appreciate the work!

Edit: Where can I get the new cyanogen mod boot animation from???.....I didn't know that was goin to get replaced as well.

Last edited:

Sandso9

Reaction score
heres the new cyanogen boot animation just move it to system/media

bootanimation.zip - *********** - online file sharing and storage - download

xvenom89

Reaction score
Could someone make the button font white? Black text on a dark button is difficult to read. I made modifications to the styles.xml file after decompiling framework-res.apk, but I am unable to recompile it. I've upload the files if anyone here wants to give it a go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/463633/framework-res.zip

Thanks!

(PS. The framework-res.apk I have there is for rc3 and includes a red progress bar, plus I changed anything else that was orange to a matching red.)

Last edited:

xvenom89

Reaction score
wait so you fixed the black on grey text?

Yes, but I'm unable to recompile [build] the framework-res to commit the changes I made; I get errors galore. I have an idea that may allow me to successfully recompile, but I'll have to attempt tomorrow- if I get a change.

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:heart:
Wow that boot animation is f*cking SICK! Thanks for this man.

Ah, too bad I can't get past the boot ani... do you have to wipe for this to work?

I'm in that same boat. I has the bugless beast version of this working on bb.4 about an hour ago and decided I wanted cyanogen... I wiped and installed cyanogen via rom manager. I had this theme on my sd card from my pc, wiped and installed, rebooted. Loads up, watch the boot animation, haptic buzz, animation freeses, animation restarts, haptic buzz, ani freeze, restart, etc etc. I then reinstalled just cm6 and tried agvain without wipe.. same problem. I then redownloaded the theme using my phone and tried avgain, with and without wipes, with no luck. Always stuck on boot ani.

I have noticed that if I press the home key at the right time between boot animation restarts then I can see the setup wizard, but it is frozen and the boot ani restarts before I can do anything.

Any help, suggestions, opinions, anything would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or perhaps a way to change the boot animation before I update the theme to my phone, so I can see if it is the boot animation causing me problems?

Sandso9

Reaction score
Or perhaps a way to change the boot animation before I update the theme to my phone, so I can see if it is the boot animation causing me problems?

yes just open the xtheme.zip and go to system/media then delete the bootanimation.zip then apply the theme