[Theme] REVOlution for Droid X

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll just wait until Fab puts 2.2 on his phone and gets tired of the white bar lolll

17akota

Reaction score
Don't use it on 2.2. I found out the hard way. I ended up having to sbf flash my phone! Hana.

Seano

Reaction score
noone is able to edit that facebook.apk i posted? :(

its has a themed widget and the icon matches the theme.

Reaction score
Port from EVO running FroYo to the X?

My only regret of updating to the leaked 2.2 version is having to ditch Fabolous' NexTheme. From my understanding (but I could be wrong - I think it has happened once or twice before...) the NexTheme came from the REVOlution port - which waspartially pulled from the EVO, correct? If so, could the Framework-res.apk and Services.jar from the EVO FroYo update be used - at least to get that black bar? I LOATHE the crap white bar VZW slaps on all of the Moto phones.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It isn't Verizon doing the white bar. If it is a stock Android phone it will have a white bar and for some reason Motorola decided to put a white bar on their "MotoBlur" UI.

freebird_78

Reaction score
My only regret of updating to the leaked 2.2 version is having to ditch Fabolous' NexTheme. From my understanding (but I could be wrong - I think it has happened once or twice before...) the NexTheme came from the REVOlution port - which waspartially pulled from the EVO, correct? If so, could the Framework-res.apk and Services.jar from the EVO FroYo update be used - at least to get that black bar? I LOATHE the crap white bar VZW slaps on all of the Moto phones.

It's not a full theme, but its a start, and more importantly, it works:
Froyo 2.2 Dark Gray StatusBar - xda-developers

Seano

Reaction score
that dark gray status bar is nice but the icons on it are tacky.

luv2increase

Reaction score
that dark gray status bar is nice but the icons on it are tacky.

I couldn't disagree with you more. The icons are MUCH better than stock. There is no comparison.

Everyone has their own opinions though. If you don't like it, don't install it.

Reaction score
Agreed... but it sure beats the default white. Give it a little time, Fabolous will have one of his themes for 2.2 - until then, guess we'll have to settle.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll agree with Seano. I had a theme on my Droid once that had those "high res" 3D icons or whatever you want to call them and they quickly got annoying. They are cheesy. I like the clean simple icons that themes like NexTheme, DarkEdge, REVOlution, etc have. I also am not a huge fan of the gray bar. It is nice to see progress being made on 2.2 but I think I'll just wait for REVO/NexTheme.

Seano

Reaction score
I'll agree with Seano. I had a theme on my Droid once that had those "high res" 3D icons or whatever you want to call them and they quickly got annoying. They are cheesy. I like the clean simple icons that themes like NexTheme, DarkEdge, REVOlution, etc have. I also am not a huge fan of the gray bar. It is nice to see progress being made on 2.2 but I think I'll just wait for REVO/NexTheme.

exactly, i love the darkedge/revo icons as they are so simple and clean.

the ones on that gray bar just look cheap and out of place. id rather have the stock white status bar.

Reaction score
I also am not a huge fan of the gray bar. It is nice to see progress being made on 2.2 but I think I'll just wait for REVO/NexTheme.

Fab's work definitely looks so much better - and hopefully he's working on another port of NexTheme or REVO. Those are hands-down superior to 99% of the themes/skins out there. But like you said, this is a start. And hopefully it gives Fabolous:yr1: something to work with. Maybe he can take this framework file and work some magic.

Problem is, to my knowledge, no one has figured out the services.jar file yet... so, I'll "settle" for this gray bar until then. I just don't like the white since I prefer dark wallpapers.