Droid X has been rooted

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe a mod could change the title of that "stop asking" post, since every single time it's posted, the disclaimer has to be added?

though i'm guessing if that could've been done it would've been already, so maybe there's a timeframe on changing posts or something and my comment here is completely worthless :)

kwiksilvr

Reaction score
I got the the phone installed and setup in the device manager under pc mode...

I am at step 5 and dont understand how to Run "adb devices" in the command prompt... I do this and it tells me that the adb is not recognized as an internal or external command

what do I do from here...

i am not a computer novice, but they should write these instructions a litlte more clearly...

Legacy23

Reaction score
^^^ Yessur!

ok is there a step by step guide on how to root my X.will a ps3 hook up to the phone. yes I'm new but I want the hotspot. I got someone to do my omnia I had and loved it.

I've never tried to hook up my ps3 but i don't see why it wouldn't work....it would use a ****load of data tho and you may get caught by vzw so be careful with that.

mcsinfl

Reaction score

I am at step 5 and dont understand how to Run "adb devices" in the command prompt... I do this and it tells me that the adb is not recognized as an internal or external command

i am not a computer novice, but they should write these instructions a litlte more clearly...

this may help:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/30464-how-adb-why-i-love-adb-commands-3-a.html

Legacy23

Reaction score

Where'd you put the SDK folder?

motorhaith

Reaction score
ok, so i got my droid x rooted, but im trying delete some stuff off the phone, for example 3g mobile hotspot, blockbuster, amazon, city id. can anyone help me with the commands? im using adb shell off of a pc...

PS. Never mind, looked at some of the posts above me and ive found the answer! thanks!

How would I get rid of the 3g mobile hotspot?

Last edited:

kwiksilvr

Reaction score

Where'd you put the SDK folder?

The only folder I have is the droidxroot_v2 folder... it does not say anything about the sdk folder in the instructions... and its in the C:\droidxroot_v2

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Video of The Rooted Droid X [video=youtube;4kEG8dw530c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kEG8dw530c]YouTube - Video proof that the Droid X was rooted by Birdman (AllDroid.org)[/video]

montyboy

Reaction score

And neither is your problem. What operating system? Do you have the SDK installed? Is the SDK in your PATH?

Answering those will help to answer your initial question.

kwiksilvr

Reaction score

And neither is your problem. What operating system? Do you have the SDK installed? Is the SDK in your PATH?

Windows 7 64
yes I have SDK installed and its in the path..

I got this part to work, but when I try to push the superuse apk to the sdcard, i get an acccess denied issue..

does this have to be in pc mode or can you do it in usb mass starage mode too?

When in pc mode I get no devices listed, in mass storage mode I get the device listed...

montyboy

Reaction score

Windows 7 64

I got this part to work, but when I try to push the superuse apk to the sdcard, i get an acccess denied issue..

When in pc mode I get no devices listed, in mass storage mode I get the device listed...

Do you have "USB Debugging" on the device enabled?

kwiksilvr

Reaction score

Windows 7 64

Do you have "USB Debugging" on the device enabled?

Yes I do...