Superuser Permissions not working on new Droid X

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
I used a one click program to root my Droid X that I found here:

GUI DroidX Root Program - Windows Only - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - GUI DroidX Root Program - Windows Only - Droid X Rooting - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home

I'm new to Android (former Blackberry user) and want to root my device to be able to remove some of the pre-installed Verizon crapware. The program said it successfully rooted my Droid X, and it rebooted the phone. I found the Superuser.apk in my file manager after that and installed it. I have the ninja icon in my apps drawer that says Superuser Permissions, however when I go to use a program like Titanium Pro, Busybox, or Root Uninstaller it tells me that my Droid is not rooted.

I have tried re-rooting the phone and it won't do it. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what I've done wrong? Thanks in advance.

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
Fixed!

I just tried the z4 app a few posts down and got a new Superuser Permissions icon with Pirate looking Android robot thing. Seems to be working fine now!

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
Ok got another question though... I am reading that uninstalling some of the pre-installed apps can cause a lot of problems. How can I get them out of my apps drawer then?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
You can't get them out of the drawer to my knowledge. I have frozen them in titanium Pro and they still show up they just dont run in the backround. If you want all that gone flash a custom rom that has been stripped down to what you need only. That is the best way IMO. DONT DELETE THEM! you will be on here panicking trying to find .apk files to replaces them.

Huicho02000

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my phone, I used RootMyX2 to root my phone, after several of unsuccessful updates to the 2.3.340, I decided to unroot just to be able to update. After the update I re-rooted and I had the ninja Icon show up but I didn't have any root access. I tried to use the z4 and it reboots and everything but I still cannot get root access. Any suggestions or Ideas? I was maybe wondering if flashing the drive to the stock 2.3.340 would delete any discrepancies and allow me to start fresh, only one problem, I've never done it, know how, or have the zip file to perform this. HELP!!!

Huicho02000

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my phone, I used RootMyX2 to root my phone, after several of unsuccessful updates to the 2.3.340, I decided to unroot just to be able to update. After the update I re-rooted and I had the ninja Icon show up but I didn't have any root access. I tried to use the z4 and it reboots and everything but I still cannot get root access. Any suggestions or Ideas? I was maybe wondering if flashing the drive to the stock 2.3.340 would delete any discrepancies and allow me to start fresh, only one problem, I've never done it, know how, or have the zip file to perform this. HELP!!!