OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Nice..any chance this being ported to PE?

This is a really nice theme.

Any thoughts to porting it to ShadowROM, please?

If I get enough requests I may port to another ROM or two ...

Haven't read through the entire thread, but here is another request for Project Elite.

This is probably the best theme I have seen. Great work!

Well thanks for the compliment!! Porting to Project Elite is next on my list of things to do. I just downloaded it this morning and will begin "dissecting" it ...
Hope to have something by the end of the week.

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Two for Tuesday!!

OK - porting to Project Elite went smoother (I hope :tongue:) then anticipated ... SO, I need my volunteers to step forward for a test!

opquiros2

Reaction score
Thanks for the update looks nice. Hey need to know where you get that dock #2

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Thanks for the update looks nice. Hey need to know where you get that dock #2

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Glad you like the update.
As far as the dock ... it's driving me crazy! I can't remember where I got it and it's nowhere to be found on my phone! So, if something happens to it, I'll be SOL! Wonder if I can get into the LP file and track it down that way??? I'll have to explore that option ... If I get it I'll post it!!

Apprazer

Reaction score
The first update has rolled out ... see post #2 for details!

Yank, thanks so much for the update. The themed gmail app is great and consistent with the rest of your hard work.

The only thing I noticed and I hate to be a PITA again, but the transparent notification pulldown is not transparent anymore, it's all brick. I just rechecked the file I downloaded and it was named Renovated-UD-TPD-V0.1.zip

Again, really appreciate your work.

PS I too love the dock background you're using and haven't found anything out there similar. I'm a real noob on this stuff, but doesn't it have to be a .png file on the phone for LP to use it?

Last edited:
OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

Yank, thanks so much for the update. The themed gmail app is great and consistent with the rest of your hard work.

The only thing I noticed and I hate to be a PITA again, but the transparent notification pulldown is not transparent anymore, it's all brick. I just rechecked the file I downloaded and it was named Renovated-UD-TPD-V0.1.zip

Thanks for the kind words!

How long ago did you download it? I named my files wrong and fixed it earlier (3:30ish) ... sorry about that!

*EDIT* Just checked up on myself and downloaded the trans PD and checked it. It is indeed the right one now :biggrin:

Last edited:

motiond

Reaction score
The dock background you have in the screen shots, any chance you have a link for that. I like it!!

Saved Yank some work hes a busy guy here are two versions

Dark
attachment.php

Light
attachment.php

Apprazer

Reaction score

Thanks for the kind words!

How long ago did you download it? I named my files wrong and fixed it earlier (3:30ish) ... sorry about that!

*EDIT* Just checked up on myself and downloaded the trans PD and checked it. It is indeed the right one now :biggrin:

That's crazy, :wacko: it was around 3:30 when I downloaded the file. Must have just missed the rename.

Will apply the latest here shortly. Thanks for the quick reply.

Apprazer

Reaction score
I wanted to throw up a few screenshots of this clean looking theme on my "what was" bland droid ... and that dock background, perfect.

The only change I made was the battery icon in the status bar. I mm'd the liquid animation battery and it's a bit bigger than yours Yank, making the battery status easier to read for these older eyes. Otherwise, it's the best imo.

Two very minor things I noticed since having Renovated on my phone for a week. They are so picayune and I feel like a fool for asking, but maybe you would consider. When you are in a call and the keypad is selected (for example while listening to voicemail, I need to use the keypad to navigate through the messages), it brings up a different looking dialer then when I am just making a call. See screenshot 1 and 2. Is there a way to provide some definition of the buttons on the connected dialer (screenshot #2), just like the standard dialer (screenshot #1) ?

Also, I know that the 1 key on the dialer (screenshot #1) has no letters, but it also appears created with a different font than the other numbers and I was just curious if that was by design? Any chance the 1 key can be bright or bold like the others?

Thanks Yank, your work is great appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I wanted to throw up a few screenshots of this clean looking theme on my "what was" bland droid ... and that dock background, perfect.

The only change I made was the battery icon in the status bar. I mm'd the liquid animation battery and it's a bit bigger than yours Yank, making the battery status easier to read for these older eyes. Otherwise, it's the best imo.

Two very minor things I noticed since having Renovated on my phone for a week. They are so picayune and I feel like a fool for asking, but maybe you would consider. When you are in a call and the keypad is selected (for example while listening to voicemail, I need to use the keypad to navigate through the messages), it brings up a different looking dialer then when I am just making a call. See screenshot 1 and 2. Is there a way to provide some definition of the buttons on the connected dialer (screenshot #2), just like the standard dialer (screenshot #1) ?

Also, I know that the 1 key on the dialer (screenshot #1) has no letters, but it also appears created with a different font than the other numbers and I was just curious if that was by design? Any chance the 1 key can be bright or bold like the others?

Thanks Yank, your work is great appreciated.

Damn, UD is kicking my butt :laugh: He has some many mods in his ROM that I tried to leave in there to find a balance with my theme - also, it doesn't help that I've never run UD either.

I will look into the dialer issues later this morning and get them fixed!

Thanks for posting the screen shots! I like seeing what it looks like on other ROMS ...

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Wait a sec Apprazer, I just took a closer look at those screenies and saw that Flyers logo on there :icon_evil:!! All bets are off! No dialer fix for you! :tongue:

All joking aside, I did a little work to the issues you posted about. I have it uploaded and ready to go but would like it tested first before I change the OP. With all my UD mistakes it's hard to believe there are still UD folks using this theme :biggrin:

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK - I got inpatient so I flashed UD to test my in-call dialer fix ...

This is pretty much the stock set-up when you're on a call and pull up the number pad. I want to get a feel from the UD users out there if they prefer this or what is currently looks like. Personally, I think the changes make it more consistent ... but that's just me.

Here's what the changes look like:

Apprazer

Reaction score
Wait a sec Apprazer, I just took a closer look at those screenies and saw that Flyers logo on there :icon_evil:!! All bets are off! No dialer fix for you! :tongue:

All joking aside, I did a little work to the issues you posted about. I have it uploaded and ready to go but would like it tested first before I change the OP. With all my UD mistakes it's hard to believe there are still UD folks using this theme :biggrin:

And here I thought the Bengals logo would have been the deal breaker and yes, it is a long story how a Bengal fan also becomes a Flyers fan. But I'm sure that if anyone would get it, it would be a Yank in da South :)

LOL, yes, you've made so many mistakes with the UD version of your theme I'm continually wondering why I even have it on my phone :icon_ rofl:

Now it's my turn to put all joking aside. Please do not confuse my anal-retentive nature as defects in your theme. If you think these tweaks would benefit your theme, I appreciate that you are considering them. But if you think otherwise, please just tell me to pound sand. I know you have many irons in the fire with other ROMS and rightfully so.

Also, if you need anything interim tested for UD, just let me know. As always, I appreciate your hard work. :hail: