[THEME]... I present... 24k Black Glass For UD 2.5

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when i say "this keyboard" i mean the original unthemed GB keyboard. Maybe though, thats a step that must be taken inorder to change it? I dunno.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when i say "this keyboard" i mean the original unthemed GB keyboard. Maybe though, thats a step that must be taken inorder to change it? I dunno.

Strange??? I just reflashed gold and I'm stuck with the stock black keyboard.

Xkape would the image size matter? I notice you have yours at 48x55 and mine are at 51x70

llt_droid

Reaction score
OK, this is wierd. I deleted the LatinIme.apk and LatinIME.apk from /system, rebooted, and now Adroid's keyboard is showing up.

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, this is wierd. I deleted the LatinIme.apk and LatinIME.apk from /system, rebooted, and now Adroid's keyboard is showing up.

LoL... that's funny because I can't get xkape's or mine to load. Oh well... glad to know you got it working :)

llt_droid

Reaction score

LoL... that's funny because I can't get xkape's or mine to load. Oh well... glad to know you got it working :)

I know. Every time I flashed xkape's red glass or 24K, his themed keyboard never showed up. Just the default grey/black keyboard. I would try to flash yours as well and nothing. So I deleted the apk from /system (after I'd flashed yours) and was going to flash yours again after rebooting, but yours then showed up. Very strange. But, as you said, I'm glad it's working.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think its just a matter of to many cooks in the kitchen. I was just cleaning up my phone and I noticed a LatinIme in data, a LatinIme in system and a LitinImeGoogle in system.

This is probably happening because most of us install the updated UD ROM without wiping. Just clean er up to where all you have is a LatinIme in /system and you should (i stress should) be good to go.

llt_droid

Reaction score
I didn't have a LatinIme in data but I do have a LatinImeGoogle in system. So it's ok to toss that?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As long as you have a backup I say go for it.

SkvyWvr

Reaction score
Up and running. Fantastic! How do you install the keyboard and extras?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Install then the exact same way you installed the theme. I did put them in a separate download though because now with that stuff included we get into a grey area where some peoples phones have enough memory left to do it and others dont.

Before you begin, get Root Explorer or some other explorer type app that lets you see the phones files and not just the SD cards. Go into /system and clean up the /app folder and look in /media to see about cleaning that up.

SkvyWvr

Reaction score
How do I get the gold clock shown on your 2.3 release?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you need to hunt doen leprophotography.. he made it.

drrickryp

Reaction score
Bootanimation for 24k gold

A great theme like this one deserves a bootanimation to go with it. I am posting a download link for one that I adapted from one called bootanimation-boing. If you don't know how to install a bootanimation, these are the steps.

1) download the file http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12844139/bootanimation.zip and note the directory it is saved in.

1) use Rootexplorer to look at the following directories: /data/local and /system/media.

2) if either or both have a file bootanimation.zip in them, rename it to bootanimation.bak

3) Make sure Rootexplorer is in r/w mode and copy the downloaded file bootanimation.zip to the /data/local directory.

4) Reboot your phone.

dancedroid

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dude that's awesome!! Thanks a lot for that! (Sorry, I was gone on vacation).