[THEME] I Present to you... Red Glass For UD 2.5 (finally right?)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
FIRST OFF... I need screenshots! USERS ONLY.. I will post none of my own phone. Show some Red Glass love people!

To install, just d/l the theme, reboot into recovery and install. Simple.

Before I begin.... Inverted means... black background with white text instead of stock white backgoround with black text.

For 2.5, notification bar is now solid black again, solid black as well where the numbers appear when you dial, transparent background on phone and contacts so you see your desktop wallpaper.

FOR NOW...themed, framework, Gtalk (inverted), Settings, Music, LauncherPro (the new one, with massive icon selections), Music, Gingerbread Keyboard, K9, GVoice (inverted), GoogleQuickSearchBox (inverted), Gmail (inverted), Gallery3D, Facebook (inverted, 1.5), Contacts, Camera, Calendar and Calculator.

Sidenote: All of that was too large. I reduced Red Glass to just, Inverted Market, Gtalk, Settings, Phone, Musci, Keyboard (Gingerbread), GoogleQuickSearchBox, Gallery3D, Contacts, Camera, Calendar and Calculator.

www.metamorphosex.com/Red_Glass_UD_2.5.zip

SO.. it all installed but you want more? (like me)... Well, here ya go.. This includes, the Latest LauncherPro with tons of themed icons (best icons to date.. They are sweet), K9, GoogleVoice inverted, Gmail inverted and Facebook inverted. (YOU MAY NEED TO.. clean up your /system folder before installing these. LP is 9 megs alone.) Read thru the 1st page of posts for how to do that and what to look for once in there.

www.metamorphosex.com/Red_Glass_Extras.zip

ALL APPS ARE THE LATEST AND GREATEST AS OF 12/16/10.

UPDATE!!! 12/16/10 8:42pm est....

Thanks to Adroid, we now have an alternative keyboard for those not digging mine. I'll have a screenshot soon!

[URL="http://www.metamorphosex.com/Adroids_Alt_Keyboard.zip"]www.metamorphosex.com/Adroids_Alt_Keyboard.zip

Here are some wallpapers for you to enjoy [/URL]
www.metamorphosex.com/Wallpapers_&_Icons.zip

Lastly..please DONATE.. just click on the picture in my signature. I do realize I made this free of charge. You should also realize i put massive hours of my free time into it.

Credits... Cuttalott, thebowers, Mbk, ecsnead and kookadoo and mojo

Peace, Love, Joy and the bandit!

P.S. if you installed my original hugely sized all inclusive theme, you may need to go stock without wiping (to not lose your data) and then reinstall the theme.

Adroid
22622d1292481841-theme-i-present-you-red-glass-ud-2-5-finally-right-cap2010121522431.jpg

Me (ok I posted one) STATUS BAR IS BLACK..Not what's in the picture. This is the themes standard keyboard.

snap20101208_185138.png

Adroids Alternate Keyboard

22682d1292550719-theme-i-present-you-red-glass-ud-2-5-finally-right-cap201012152238.jpg

Screen from bigjonmoo73
screenshot_15.png

Another screen from bigjonmoo73
screenshot_13.png

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Congrats xkape... I'll load it up now and post a couple screenshots..:)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks man.. dang that was fast. I gotta go to bed r I am going to fall asleep right here at my keyboard. I fully expect snow to cause me to work at home tomorrow which means, more time for this.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Sweet!! YAY! I will put it up as soon as I flash it!

Um... how big is this file?! Haha

Last edited:

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great job xkape! glad to see the black notification bar is back :) Here's a few screenshots.

Last edited:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That keyboard is OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!.... great job X... I would've posted screenshots but it wouldn't install for me, not sure why since Adroid was able to... looks very nice...:)

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wonder why it didn't work for you MBK? I did the usual... flashed with SPR and I was up and running :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wonder why it didn't work for you MBK? I did the usual... flashed with SPR and I was up and running :)

Well I PM'd him that something did install because my system available storage went from 12 MBs down to 40 KBs... but I couldn't find anything from his framework or usual apps????
Maybe it's the amount of apps I have installed already compared to you??

BTW.... beautiful work on that keyboard Adroid... that's a mighty fine piece of work! ;)

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment! There's one thing that eiker83 brought up once. If you delete most of the ringtones from the system/media folder, that will clear up a good amount of space. I went from a few KB to 17 MB.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment! There's one thing that eiker83 brought up once. If you delete most of the ringtones from the system/media folder, that will clear up a good amount of space. I went from a few KB to 17 MB.

Yeah, I used to keep my ringtones on my sdcard, but it would flake out once in a while so I just put them back... that was before Froyo though... I think xkape's themes tries to put everything 'plus' the kitchen sink in to try and fulfill all the requests, it just leads to overusage of space at times... but I'm sure he'll get that sorted tomorrow...;)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, I think maybe I got a little ambitious on all the apps I was trying to include in this theme. I am going to tone it down a bit. Since they are done though, I will post what I take out as a separate download for those that use the apps I am going to remove.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also, on the space thing, that's what I do, I delete the bootanimation.zip and i delete all notifications, alarms (except one) and ringtones. I never use them anyway. All my ringtones are on my sdcard from Zedge.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
So... im not sure what happened. But a lot of things didn't change. I flashed the theme but my notification bar and dialpad did not change. My keyboard did, but it looks as if other things did not. Is it maybe because of the limited space on my phone?

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes. I thought clearing out some stuff would work but I realized this morning that you would need A LOT of space for everything I have in the theme. I have pulled out 5 or 6 apps and will have them as a separate d/l. I would have already posted this but a brand new market just came out.. yes newer than the other new one. It's being worked on right now.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Ok... so if I make more room and flash it again, everything should be good as new??