[THEME] Black.Juice.v5.themes

brockeverly

Reaction score
Interesting issue I have came across. I flashed the Ginger theme and it looked exactly as pictured. Flashed my battery icon back (I like to have the %) and it is all the same except the notification bar went back to how it was with the stock Rubix 1.9.5. Doesn't make much sense to me, I really liked the ginger theme notification bar.

darienms86

Reaction score
i was wondering how to add back rubix focused in the drop down, and also how can i add round battery meter to ginger. and thanks for all the hard work been on every juice theme and all are exactly what i like

akanealw

Reaction score
Interesting issue I have came across. I flashed the Ginger theme and it looked exactly as pictured. Flashed my battery icon back (I like to have the %) and it is all the same except the notification bar went back to how it was with the stock Rubix 1.9.5. Doesn't make much sense to me, I really liked the ginger theme notification bar.

if you flash the battery icons back, it replaces the framework that juice spent so much time on theming :) you need to insert just the battery images yourself as i did, or ask someone politely to do it for you :)

GTvert90

Reaction score
Juice.

Nice touch theming the market icon blue... but the market its self isn't themed?

Either way glad to be back running your blue theme. Thanks!

teh_g

Reaction score
I like the Gingerbread theme. I think I will start begging you to make the color scheme different with those icons. Android green is so ugly...

mcp770

Reaction score
Well I like the greens of the ginger theme, thanks for giving us so many options Juice.

alosenster

Reaction score
Curious... why doesn't it say "rubix focused" in the drop down anymore?
I'm using the blue theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I took it out to make it cleaner. If you guys want it back in all you have to do is edit 1 file. Open the juicetheme.zip\system\framework\framework-res.apk\res\xml\ and find the eri.xml file.

Copy this file out of the zip, but leave the zip open. Now install a hex editor (I use HxD) and open the eri.xml with the hex editor. One you have it open you will see an entry on the right side (see pic below)

attachment.php

Now, this entry has to be exactly 16 characters long... The current spacing between the "... ..." is 16 characters... If you want to add the rubiX Focused back in, its a total of 13 characters, be sure to add 3 blank spaces at the end to make the total 16 characters between the sets of ...

So it should look like this "...rubiX Focused ..."
After you modify the text, save the eri.xml and drag it back into the zip and replace the existing one.

Following me? Hope so lol. Now I honestly think I left the services stock, so Its probably going to be grey text in the drop down which may make it hard to see.. lmk how it pans out.

Last edited:

alosenster

Reaction score
I took it out to make it cleaner. If you guys want it back in all you have to do is edit 1 file. Open the juicetheme.zip\system\framework\framework-res.apk\res\xml\ and find the eri.xml file.

Copy this file out of the zip, but leave the zip open. Now install a hex editor (I use HxD) and open the eri.xml with the hex editor. One you have it open you will see an entry on the right side (see pic below)

attachment.php

Now, this entry has to be exactly 16 characters long... The current spacing between the "... ..." is 16 characters... If you want to add the rubiX Focused back in, its a total of 13 characters, be sure to add 3 blank spaces at the end to make the total 16 characters between the sets of ...

So it should look like this "...rubiX Focused ..."
After you modify the text, save the eri.xml and drag it back into the zip and replace the existing one.

Following me? Hope so lol. Now I honestly think I left the services stock, so Its probably going to be grey text in the drop down which may make it hard to see.. lmk how it pans out.

Oh that's all? lol
Thanks man. I'll probably actually do that because I don't like having that blank space up there.

My 2 cents would be to either leave rubiX Focused in there, or, if possible, get rid of that extra bar altogether.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Im actually working on a Blue version of the Gingerbread theme. For some reason the all blue icons looks weird, I might just do a blue battery icon and then white for network/wifi

teh_g

Reaction score
Im actually working on a Blue version of the Gingerbread theme. For some reason the all blue icons looks weird, I might just do a blue battery icon and then white for network/wifi

Wasn't the Ginger Juice theme for 1.9.0 white? Or am I going crazy...