[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 Bugless Beast v0.4 now available!

Discussion in '928Droid' started by 928Droid, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ladodger1717

ladodger1717 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome. Thanks.

2. TJK

TJK New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do I go back to the regular Facebook? I tried installing but it won't let me. Thanks.

3. 928Droid

928Droid Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New 928Droid Black Glass Bugless Beast v0.4 version available in Main Thread.

Fixes:
    Maps v4.4
    Twitter v1.0.2
    Naked Contacts (transparent dialer and Contacts, not "ongoing calls"
    Mms "Black" app hopefully defaulted to Black background on initial install (fingers crossed)
    A few others I can't remember at the moment.... :)

You can recognize the updated file by the "c1" code in the file name...please delete prior downloads.

4. tlippert

tlippert Member

Ratings:
    +0
    downloaded the update.. dialer and contacts are now transparent..and maps is themed.. great job

5. mcaro

mcaro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    this theme looks very nice, whats the battery life like while running this theme vs bb stock theme?

6. 928Droid

Ratings:
    +0
    Same or possibly slightly better since I reduced the size (apps to apps comparison) by about 1-2 mb.

Of course with all ROMs it all depends on the kernel you use and the settings.

The way I do Themes (and most others) there should be no difference in Battery life....except related to spending so much time looking around at all the cool new stuff :)

7. SisterX

SisterX New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fixed!
    Thank you SO MUCH for getting back to me so quickly! Wow, it's people like you that make this community so great.
    Thanks again!

8. ladodger1717

ladodger1717 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, downloading now.dancedroid

9. ladodger1717

ladodger1717 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great! Everything works. Thanks man.

10. otter34

otter34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fan-friggin'tastic!!!!

One issue and a couple questions. First, When I press *228 to update my roaming I can't read the "speaker" option at all but it looks like the word is still there.

1. Not sure how I feel about the clearness of contacts, phone, etc. Is it difficult for me to change it to black if I wanted?
    2. Do you plan to theme Jrummy's new one when it is officially released.
    3. How do I remove the "droid does" from the notification dropdown? It's neat, but takes up too much room.
    4. How do I donate? Is paypal an option?

11. 928Droid

Ratings:
    +0
    That is a compromise I make in order to have the Black Glass "Clear" Button on the notiication pull down. I think the all Black Glass on that looks sleeker and that same button _default_smaller button is used in a few other areas. You will come across that same issue IIRC in Gtalk when the send fails (the retry button) and one other obscure location I think on the original sign in screen.. For me it is not a big deal because I like the Black "Clear" button with white text. It is only like that on a few of the ROMs I theme....usually an indicatator of the ones I use on a daily basis
    .;)

It is easy to change that one button image in framework...decompiling the services.jar to change that clear buton text to black is a little harder.... I can tell you how to do it if you want to change it.

It takes some getting used too and looks cool(er) with darker walls.

If after a day or so it still bothers you let me know and I wll make an update zip to change it to the standard version (still themed, just not Naked)

As long as it is stable (which I have no doubt it will be), yes.

Look in Framework-res.apk for /res/drawable-hdpi/Statusbar_background.png...yank it out, edit it.

BTW, not sure what you mean by taking up too much room...as you get more notifications they will cover it up so it doesn't reduce the notification area and/or quantity in any way.

Up until now I have resisted taking Donations...but with all the time I am now putting in and more so because of the aggravations uploading to Medfire etc.. I have decided to build a dedicated website, www.928droid.com (domain already active, nothing there yet) for download links/details and to have the files hosted there...so "if you insist" you can help me pay for the monthly website/file site hosting fees :)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=U9DGNZRPB83FJ

THANKS!!

12. RJFrank

RJFrank New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wallpapers

Applied Black Glass to BB 0.4 and can't see any of the cool wallpapers from the wallpaper menu. I have the Droid Does paper but all the rest are just gray boxes with no thumbnails. All the thumbnails and images are on the sd card but not showing up in the wallpaper menu to apply... Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Rick