[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 Bugless Beast v0.4 now available!

otter34

Reaction score
Fan-friggin'tastic!!!!

One issue and a couple questions. First, When I press *228 to update my roaming I can't read the "speaker" option at all but it looks like the word is still there.

1. Not sure how I feel about the clearness of contacts, phone, etc. Is it difficult for me to change it to black if I wanted?
2. Do you plan to theme Jrummy's new one when it is officially released.
3. How do I remove the "droid does" from the notification dropdown? It's neat, but takes up too much room.
4. How do I donate? Is paypal an option?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Fan-friggin'tastic!!!!

One issue and a couple questions. First, When I press *228 to update my roaming I can't read the "speaker" option at all but it looks like the word is still there.?

That is a compromise I make in order to have the Black Glass "Clear" Button on the notiication pull down. I think the all Black Glass on that looks sleeker and that same button _default_smaller button is used in a few other areas. You will come across that same issue IIRC in Gtalk when the send fails (the retry button) and one other obscure location I think on the original sign in screen.. For me it is not a big deal because I like the Black "Clear" button with white text. It is only like that on a few of the ROMs I theme....usually an indicatator of the ones I use on a daily basis
.;)

It is easy to change that one button image in framework...decompiling the services.jar to change that clear buton text to black is a little harder.... I can tell you how to do it if you want to change it.

1. Not sure how I feel about the clearness of contacts, phone, etc. Is it difficult for me to change it to black if I wanted?

It takes some getting used too and looks cool(er) with darker walls.

If after a day or so it still bothers you let me know and I wll make an update zip to change it to the standard version (still themed, just not Naked)

2. Do you plan to theme Jrummy's new one when it is officially released.

As long as it is stable (which I have no doubt it will be), yes.

3. How do I remove the "droid does" from the notification dropdown? It's neat, but takes up too much room.

Look in Framework-res.apk for /res/drawable-hdpi/Statusbar_background.png...yank it out, edit it.

BTW, not sure what you mean by taking up too much room...as you get more notifications they will cover it up so it doesn't reduce the notification area and/or quantity in any way.

Up until now I have resisted taking Donations...but with all the time I am now putting in and more so because of the aggravations uploading to Medfire etc.. I have decided to build a dedicated website, www.928droid.com (domain already active, nothing there yet) for download links/details and to have the files hosted there...so "if you insist" you can help me pay for the monthly website/file site hosting fees :)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=U9DGNZRPB83FJ

THANKS!!

RJFrank

Reaction score
Wallpapers

Applied Black Glass to BB 0.4 and can't see any of the cool wallpapers from the wallpaper menu. I have the Droid Does paper but all the rest are just gray boxes with no thumbnails. All the thumbnails and images are on the sd card but not showing up in the wallpaper menu to apply... Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Rick

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Applied Black Glass to BB 0.4 and can't see any of the cool wallpapers from the wallpaper menu. I have the Droid Does paper but all the rest are just gray boxes with no thumbnails. All the thumbnails and images are on the sd card but not showing up in the wallpaper menu to apply... Any suggestions?

Thanks...

Rick

To install Wallpapers from the SDcard (same as it has always been with "user" wallpapers).. Menu> Wallpaper, Gallery> select Image, crop, Set wallpaper.

RJFrank

Reaction score
Clear Contacts

With all the discussions about the clear vs non clear phone and contacts it would be awesome if a smoked background could be applied to the contacts like the background on the number keys on the dialer. It is hard to see the contacts if you don't happen to have the right colored background but a clear, smoked background would solve that problem. (Added to the call log and favorites also.)

Just wishful thinking... really it's an awesome theme. Thanks for the work!

Rick

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
With all the discussions about the clear vs non clear phone and contacts it would be awesome if a smoked background could be applied to the contacts like the background on the number keys on the dialer. It is hard to see the contacts if you don't happen to have the right colored background but a clear, smoked background would solve that problem. (Added to the call log and favorites also.)

Just wishful thinking... really it's an awesome theme. Thanks for the work!

Rick

That app is supposed to have the option for different backgrounds and the custom background file is in it...but not working yet.

You are welcome and Thanks!

gwwjpd

Reaction score

Up until now I have resisted taking Donations...but with all the time I am now putting in and more so because of the aggravations uploading to Medfire etc.. I have decided to build a dedicated website, www.928droid.com (domain already active, nothing there yet) for download links/details and to have the files hosted there...so "if you insist" you can help me pay for the monthly website/file site hosting fees :)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=U9DGNZRPB83FJ

THANKS!!

Finally, a Donate link. :icon_ banana:
Donation sent, Thanks for all the time you put into this great theme.
Looking forward to the website. dancedroid

otter34

Reaction score
Fan-friggin'tastic!!!!

One issue and a couple questions. First, When I press *228 to update my roaming I can't read the "speaker" option at all but it looks like the word is still there.?

That is a compromise I make in order to have the Black Glass "Clear" Button on the notiication pull down. I think the all Black Glass on that looks sleeker and that same button _default_smaller button is used in a few other areas. You will come across that same issue IIRC in Gtalk when the send fails (the retry button) and one other obscure location I think on the original sign in screen.. For me it is not a big deal because I like the Black "Clear" button with white text. It is only like that on a few of the ROMs I theme....usually an indicatator of the ones I use on a daily basis
.;)

It is easy to change that one button image in framework...decompiling the services.jar to change that clear buton text to black is a little harder.... I can tell you how to do it if you want to change it.

It takes some getting used too and looks cool(er) with darker walls.

If after a day or so it still bothers you let me know and I wll make an update zip to change it to the standard version (still themed, just not Naked)

As long as it is stable (which I have no doubt it will be), yes.

Look in Framework-res.apk for /res/drawable-hdpi/Statusbar_background.png...yank it out, edit it.

BTW, not sure what you mean by taking up too much room...as you get more notifications they will cover it up so it doesn't reduce the notification area and/or quantity in any way.

THANKS!!

Thanks. I donated. I am liking the clear theme. In fact I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about how cool it looked and I wanted to make some calls and browse my contacts! The text color of the contacts is difficult to read w/ my wallpaper, but I changed that to my beautuful live weather wallpaper and it was better. Heck, it was raining and it looked REALLY cool!! I don't like rain, but now I'm hoping it rains again when I'm around my non rooted droid friends!!!

The droid does isn't a problem anymore. As you mentioned w/ too many notifications it hides itself. I don't know if it did that w/ the previous theme, however but this is fine. I might still change it later so thanks for the instructions.

RJFrank

Reaction score
Donation

Thanks for the paypal link... Made my donation today for all your hard work and helping with my questions. This has got to be the best theme out there!

Rick

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
07/31/10 - New 928Droid Black Glass GMAIL v2.2.1 Patch/Update! The very latest GMail app from Google..super fast with new Features!

See 928Droid Black Glass Patch/Update file area in main Black Glass Thread (link in sig below) for Download.

Well worth the time flash this small update.zip. This is supposedly the Gmail app that will be included in the Official Droid Froyo Release....get it now Themed with 928Droid Black Glass :)

Reaction score
When I try to install with metamorph it says the theme control file is not written or written incorrectly..... And then it closes metamorph. Why is it not working?

BuglessFan

Reaction score
Any good resources for learning the mechanics of theming? I often get themes that I mostly like but would like to tweak one or two things, but I'm not sure I want to try to go messing blindly with the .zip files.

In the case of 928, I like most of it, but prefer the solid backgrounds for in-call red/green/blue over the pyramids. Seems like starting out with small tweaks and understanding would be a good way to start, but other than scrounging the threads on XDA, I'm not sure how to start learning the way theming works.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Any good resources for learning the mechanics of theming? I often get themes that I mostly like but would like to tweak one or two things, but I'm not sure I want to try to go messing blindly with the .zip files.

In the case of 928, I like most of it, but prefer the solid backgrounds for in-call red/green/blue over the pyramids. Seems like starting out with small tweaks and understanding would be a good way to start, but other than scrounging the threads on XDA, I'm not sure how to start learning the way theming works.

Just cruise thru the Theme Forum here and read...everything you need to know is there...and some things you don't :)

FYI, That is how I learned.