[Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" 2.2 Bugless Beast v0.4 now available!

honda450r14

Reaction score
yep i click on the phone icon the dial pad is there with a all black backround an it is not my wallpaper background it is a glassed black an the same thing if i click call log,contacts and favorites.

ladodger1717

Reaction score
yep i click on the phone icon the dial pad is there with a all black backround an it is not my wallpaper background it is a glassed black an the same thing if i click call log,contacts and favorites.

First off, thank you 928Droid for this theme. It has become my favorite. I am also not getting the transparent dialer or contacts. I have a black screen behind them, and yes when I am not on the phone. Everything else looks great.
dancedroid

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

First off, thank you 928Droid for this theme. It has become my favorite. I am also not getting the transparent dialer or contacts. I have a black screen behind them, and yes when I am not on the phone. Everything else looks great.
dancedroid

Thanks!

I will load up 0.4 again tonight or tommorrow and check the update zip again... updating all of the Themes in one day I could have made at least one mistake :)

honda450r14

Reaction score
No problem I would be lost w all the stuff u do Haha thanks alot the best theme by far keep it up :)

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
So am I the only one unable to download this from MediaFire? I've downloaded two other themes from that damned site without any issue. When I click on the link to "Proceed to Download" or whatever it says, it throws me in a loop and I'm back on the same page again.

If anybody has this theme up on a different server a link would be awesome. And if anybody else is having the same issue I am let me know so I won't think I'm losing my mind. I don't own a computer so telling me to try that won't be much help. I am however going to try different browsers and UA strings. I will get this theme and I better like it damnit.

ladodger1717

Reaction score
So am I the only one unable to download this from MediaFire? I've downloaded two other themes from that damned site without any issue. When I click on the link to "Proceed to Download" or whatever it says, it throws me in a loop and I'm back on the same page again.

If anybody has this theme up on a different server a link would be awesome. And if anybody else is having the same issue I am let me know so I won't think I'm losing my mind. I don't own a computer so telling me to try that won't be much help. I am however going to try different browsers and UA strings. I will get this theme and I better like it damnit.

I just tried again. I am not having a problem with downloading this theme. It is worth it though.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Thanks Dodger but I was hoping it was broken. I'm anal about the heath of my computers and can't stand when something isn't working that is for everyone else. I'll get it eventually if it kills me.

jxker

Reaction score
I installed this theme, did it thru rom manager and rom manager isnt working for me anymore so did it thru root droid (maybe it's droid root) a program i had saved.....my boot time on the phone now runs about 2-4 minutes....triple what it did before i installed this theme........i am pretty sure it's because rom manager sux and couldnt boot( I am not blaming the theme as i havent heard any other complaints) but is there a way to fix this without reinstaling bb???

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Ah it's on Rom Manager I shoulda thought about that but I needed to get some sleep earlier. *Off to download through RM*

Edit: Maybe I'm still tired but I don't see this on Rom Manager either. It must be a sign that black glass and my droid were never meant to be. So sad ;'(

jxker

Reaction score
Ah it's on Rom Manager I shoulda thought about that but I needed to get some sleep earlier. *Off to download through RM*

let me clarify, i installed it thru rom manager, it's not on there, now rom manager doesnt work

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

let me clarify, i installed it thru rom manager, it's not on there, now rom manager doesnt work

I think we need to clarify things... 928Droid Black Glass is not ON Rom Manager via downloads......BUT it can be installed WITH Rom Manager...IF you have downloaded it from my links and copied it to your SDcard.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Regardless, I finally got it going. I can't play with it s much as I wanted today as I need my phone for work, and I'd have to do some prodding in order to clear enough space in /data. This theme is eating up around 25-30mb more than xTheme and I was starting to miss texts.

On the positive. It looks simply amazing bar the occassional black on black text. Once I have time to clean up /data I will be back to this for sure. Amazing work so far.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
This theme is eating up around 25-30mb more than xTheme and I was starting to miss texts.

That is an entirely false statement.

File to file my Theme is actually smaller then stock BB v0.4, by about 2mb+ :)

The increase in system/app size is related to the fact I add back in the Stock Froyo Google apps (Facebook, Goggles, Maps, Twitter) just liek the Official Froyo, plus 3 extra apps ADW Launcherl, MenuUnlock and the Droid X Video Player. BUT the total of all of those extra apps are only approx 9mb.

I have found it is easy for users to go in an delete the extra Stock Google apps they don't want. than to ask me for the matching Black Glassed Themed versions of those seperately.

One other tip is that it seems very few can decide which version of the stock Android Keyboard, stock GoogleQuickSearchbox, and a few others.

They seem to mix up the names of those apps all the time and you end up with 2 or more copies of the same app, just named differently.

In one particular ROM I found 3 versions of the exact same stock keyboard, named LatinIME, LatinIme, and LatinImeGoogle(the proper Froyo name). Android is case sensitve so if you don't match the case exactly you will have 2 apps in there, even if they are the same (using LatinIME and LatinIme as an example).

Since the KB app is approx 3mb...having 3 of those can eat up a lot of space quickly.

I see the same thing with GoogleQuckSearchBox.apk, check your app folder and see if you have GoogleQucikSearchBox.apk AND QuickSearchbox.apk...again same app, just named differently.

Sorry for rmy rant, it is a pet peeve of mine because I see it and fight it all the time.. I have to have seperate copies of the same app just because Devs don't follow the current "Google" naming structure.

I know this isn't the CM6 area, but that Rom has 2 GoogleQuickSearchBox apps (GoogleQuickSearchBox and QuickSearchBox)..PLUS 3-4 HTC APP FILES... that have no business being there.

Also watch out for SholesQuickoffice and QuickOffice, again same app and just taking up space.

OH, and don't get me started on the "DeskClockGoogle vs DeskClock" , same with EmailGoogle, CalendarGoogle, CameraGoogle, Gallery3dGoogle, etc, etc... the older versions are the same name without the "Google" on the end...so check your System/app folder for duplicates..especially after flashing different ROMS..without a FULL WIPE!!

Just as an FYI, I spend more time matching up the individual names used by each ROM then i do actual Theming..so if you did a clean wipe when installing their ROM, and then just installed my Theme you should be OK...maybe :)...but it never hurts to check since we need all the space we can get.