The Ultimate Droid 2.3.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everyone is going to tell you to use either a chevy or slayher kernel, but I encourage you to be different try a jdlfg kernel. I have mine set at 1 ghz, and it runs perfect. Best battery life in my opinion also. Sapphire was also nice for me, but jdlfg just seems to be the best.

I decided to go with that because chevy gave me freeze ups and slayher gave me terrible battery life. Good luck with whichever you decide and what works best for you.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

Well nemets88 had a good point haha. I suggest trying the LFY Slayher kernels. I'm running the 1Ghz right now and it's amazing. I tried jdlfg once and it said I had no battery, as in it was outlined in red completely empty even though I was fully charged. Sucks because I was curious to see how that ran for me. You can also try P3Droid kernels. They're pretty good Imo.

I guess each phone really does handle them differently. The majority of people say slayher and chevy, so I feel like an outcast cuz my phone doesn't like either of them. Lol. And good point, some people recommend P3 kernels, and that is one that I have yet to try...

Yeah, you would think they would handle them with at least close to the same outcome with each device. But yeah, I hear a lot about both of those. But what I really like about P3 are the different versions. You can get a kernel with a max of say, 1.2Ghz, but you can get different minimums for that kernel. For example, you can get 1.2Ghz with a low of 125Mhz, or a 1.2Ghz with a low of 250 or 300. It adds a lot of variety. So, no matter what low or high you prefer, there is a kernel for you. (If it works of course)

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Wow, another great installment. I think my favorite feature is the ability to setup the lock screen to open my email directly...I do that all day and this will save me a few seconds at least each time.

Fast as usual, but I did like the green battery icon better...not sure if that has to be changed through a theme or not, but this new one is kinda plain-looking and hard to see.

Fantastic work again, thanks again to the BD team for their continued efforts. It's a shame it takes a dedicated team like this to get consistent and frequent updates to a phone, rather than through the original vendor (Motorola, Verizon, Google, etc.). Hell, they should just outsource their updates to these guys and fund their efforts instead! We'd get better support, more features and stop getting new $$$ phones shoved down our throats every few weeks.

SoDroid

Reaction score
Is anyone using clockwork to install or do we still have to use SP?

Can't wait to flash this!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Hey Dj, just out of curiosity, would you happen to know how I can go back to the stock 2.3 battery icon for now?

neoj2

Reaction score
Is anyone using clockwork to install or do we still have to use SP?

Can't wait to flash this!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I am staying away from clockwork. it corrupted my recovery and i freaked out. had use sbf to reinstall sprecovery. not good

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
[/CODE]
Hey Dj, just out of curiosity, would you happen to know how I can go back to the stock 2.3 battery icon for now?

Hmm, I'm not sure. I've never tried. The only thing I can think of is restoring a backup of 2.3 which I doubt you've created yet since you recently flashed or reinstalling without a wipe. I emailed the dev asking to create the battery with a percentage string. I was doing it but then I realized he patched some of the icons to fit and I don't know how to use Android SDK that well so I can't make them fit after edit.

stew55024

Reaction score
Hi there ibm new and was just wondering what the ultimate Droid is.

Sent from my HTC EVO using DroidForums App

RedRumy3

Reaction score
Just updated to this over 2.1 and everything is smooth and fast even quadrant score is a little higher. I got rid of stock launcher and using launcher pro.

Awesome rom so much stuff you can do.

Thanks for your hard work.

Droid
6c1b19a0-774e-65b6.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi there ibm new and was just wondering what the ultimate Droid is.

Welcome! Ultimate Droid is an amazing ROM developed by BlackDroid. It has many, many, many customizable featrues, themes, just about everything with more to come. Even has a nightly builds now. Just a really solid ROM. Hope that answers it

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just updated to this over 2.1 and everything is smooth and fast even quadrant score is a little higher. I got rid of stock launcher and using launcher pro.

Awesome rom so much stuff you can do.

Thanks for your hard work.

Droid
6c1b19a0-774e-65b6.jpg

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Why are some peoples colored like that and some aren't? On my quadrant they are all just blue. Is there a filter system or something?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
[/CODE]
Hmm, I'm not sure. I've never tried. The only thing I can think of is restoring a backup of 2.3 which I doubt you've created yet since you recently flashed or reinstalling without a wipe. I emailed the dev asking to create the battery with a percentage string. I was doing it but then I realized he patched some of the icons to fit and I don't know how to use Android SDK that well so I can't make them fit after edit.

Oooh, well I was just wondering because the percentage doesn't look too hot over this one either. And I did make a backup, I just did it right after install, then again later today and I don't want to have to go through and re-do all the modifications I've made to the rom throughout the day. What if I restored the stock 2.3 backup after backing up settings and whatnot in titanium? Then could I restore everything from titanium and be good? I haven't really used titanium much, but it seems like there should be an easier way...

mdgmcse

Reaction score
[/CODE]

Oooh, well I was just wondering because the percentage doesn't look too hot over this one either. And I did make a backup, I just did it right after install, then again later today and I don't want to have to go through and re-do all the modifications I've made to the rom throughout the day. What if I restored the stock 2.3 backup after backing up settings and whatnot in titanium? Then could I restore everything from titanium and be good? I haven't really used titanium much, but it seems like there should be an easier way...

Did you try just an over-the-top reinstall? I screwed some of my icons up and was able to get them all back to stock by just reinstalling. If you did any kernel changes, you'll probably need to reflash them, since I believe the stock kernel will be restored. All of my custom settings stayed the same in UD settings, but my ADW icons did get reset, so you'll probably want to do a separate backup of that from within the application. You could do a nandroid backup first, then try a reinstall and if it doesn't do what you want, just restore back.

stew55024

Reaction score
I am really new to this and hate to ask but what is flashing and can someone explain how you go about doing this.

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am really new to this and hate to ask but what is flashing and can someone explain how you go about doing this.

flashing is the term used for installing a new custom rom on your phone. for installing on an EVO, you need to go to the evo section on here to see how to get a custom recovery and root on your phone first, unless your already rooted and recoveried.

HTC EVO 4G Forum - Sprint Android Forum - here is the section on DF for EVO 4G