The Ultimate Droid 2.4.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I was just playing around with the LED notifications colors, and I noticed that some of them don't work. For instance, white doesn't work at all, and yellow flashes orange (same color as when I have orange set). Also, when I try to set a cutom color, like greenish blue, it will just show as a regular light blue, like it wants to set it at that color already.

Anyone else noticing this or having this issue?

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

Tsip85

Reaction score
I was just playing around with the LED notifications colors, and I noticed that some of them don't work. For instance, white doesn't work at all, and yellow flashes orange (same color as when I have orange set). Also, when I try to set a cutom color, like greenish blue, it will just show as a regular light blue, like it wants to set it at that color already.

I noticed that as well. Mine don't really even flash, but really just stay lit. If they do flash, it's VERY slow, like very minute or two. When I first installed a UD ROM (.8 i think) it did the exact same thing. And I have all of my different color notifications blink rate set to the fastest setting.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Yeah mine don't really flash either...

Might there be a fix for this? I lik e to set different colors for notifications that I get from different apps.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I've noticed this exact issue for the last few versions of UD.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I remember someone mentioned a fix for the LED's before but I can't remember where,I think it was from 2.0/2.1 for when the LED kinda just stays lit. Mine blinks buy very very slow.

Sent from my DROID running UD2.4 @ 1Ghz

calbruc

Reaction score
I noticed that as well. Mine don't really even flash, but really just stay lit. If they do flash, it's VERY slow, like very minute or two. When I first installed a UD ROM (.8 i think) it did the exact same thing. And I have all of my different color notifications blink rate set to the fastest setting.

I'm not sure about the whole color thing (although I think I read that white isn't possible on the Droid), but I do know that if you turn OFF Succession in the LED section of the UD settings, your notifications will flash again. You only get one at a time, but they do flash, instead of pretty much staying lit, which is what happens when succession is on.

I love the idea of successive color flashes for different notifications, but the current implementation (the staying lit) bugs me, so I just turn it off.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I don't have anything checked in advanced led settings but all of those options seem to be on anyways lol. And my lights don't blink even with succession off

jbsangel

Reaction score
I didn't try UD until 2.3 and I had both behaviors mentioned here with the LED colors not working for allthe choices and with the LED not really blinking.

I recall for various other apps that claim to change the colors that a lot of color choices didn't work so I wasn't surprised to see them not working this time either. I've really only had luck with blue, green, magenta, red, and orange-yellow one.

At some point I don't know when I had experimented with succession and changing the colors and what not, my LEDs weren't blinking anymore. I kept making sure I had went back and unchecked everything and even had set the blink rates and everything. Still no blink. Flashed again (but not wipe), no blinking LEDs still. Finally wiped and flashed and all blinked fine.

Since that I don't mess with the blink succession or any of those settings. I just set the colors for the various apps and otherwise leave everything else default and haven't had a problem.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are only a couple phones, to my knowledge, that support all the LED colors. I know the D1 definitely won't do white or custom colors.

bugsyboy

Reaction score
I use Sweeterhome2 as my home screen replacement and it runs great on UD 1.0. I have tried to upgrade to UD 2.1 & now 2.4 and Sweeterhome crawls.

I have done a clean install with both 2.1 & 2.4 and SH is super slow when navigating through the 5 screens.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I tried various performance tunings in both UD & SH but the result is the same.

Not sure what changed between UD 1.0 & 2.x but SH does not perform well with 2.x

bmac860

Reaction score
Anyone else getting force closes on their keyboards since update? I have to keep rebooting my phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mcadam

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a DX or D2 theme for UD? I just can't stand the dark status bar.

Thanks.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Loving it. Thanks BD, can't wait for 2.5.....any chance for a round battery icon? Or maybe no icon at all with just text percentage?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

B

bigsapz

I just installed UD 2.4 and for some reason it is slow when scrolling thru home screens while I have my engadget, news, Facebook and handcent sms widgets running. I have tried messing with the scrolling speeds..still a no go. If I take off the widgets its fine...Can I not run all the widgets?