The Ultimate Droid 2.4.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Anyone notice lower Quadrant scores with 2.4?

With my previous setup, I was getting between 1410-1440 consistently:
UD 1.0.0
P3Droid @ 1GHz
no compcache

Now I'm getting scores of 1370-1390, the highest recorded being 1396:
UD 2.4
Slayher @ 1GHz
compcache enabled

What could be the problem here?

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
Using Root explorer: go to system/app and find launcher2.apk - change to r/w and change name to launcher2.bak - this will de-activate the stock launcher but leave it in system if you need to re-install (for re-install just change the name back to luancher2.apk and clear defaults on luancher pro ~ this will give the you the choice of stock or launcher pro everytime you hit the home botton again).

thanks for the tip, but is there any other app i can use besides root explorer to do this?

I dont really want to pay 3.99 just so i can use this app to make launcherpro my main launcher :icon_eek:

if you go into UD settings and enable God Mode, you can do all that simply with Astro.[/QU

sorry but how do you do it through astro? i turned on god mode and been searchin astro for the launcher apk and i cant find the dang thing.

bob

b-jammin21

Reaction score
thanks for the tip, but is there any other app i can use besides root explorer to do this?

I dont really want to pay 3.99 just so i can use this app to make launcherpro my main launcher :icon_eek:

if you go into UD settings and enable God Mode, you can do all that simply with Astro.[/QU

sorry but how do you do it through astro? i turned on god mode and been searchin astro for the launcher apk and i cant find the dang thing.

bob

When you open astro, hit "home" at the top, then next to home, hit "up" (folder up button) to get out of sd card and to the files on your system. Then navigate through the folders to whichever one the launcherpro.apk is in (sorry, can't think of the folder right now). This took me a while to figure out as well.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

91rangerturbo

Reaction score
Ranger, when you logged in at the android screen did it seem to connect very quickly? The reason I ask is because some roms have done that to me. It says that it has connected with google but none of my info was actually transferred to the phone... I remember 2.3 did that the first time then I dl'd a fixed version from UD website that fixed it....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

No it took about normal time it usually takes for it to sign in. I have been running 2.3 with the gingerbread keyboard all day and it works flawless and is fast.

Bullitt6996

Reaction score
Icons in the Dockbar

Does anyone know how to either bring up the application icon on the homescreen, or undo an icon save over it's spot in the dockbar...This is driving me nuts.

markwebb

Reaction score
What's up with the emergency call text on the lockscreen?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having their market force closing often since updating to 2.4.0? I'm running on a og droid and didn't have a probs with 2.3. Also I've tried clearing data and cache as well as fix permissions.

Tsip85

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having their market force closing often since updating to 2.4.0? I'm running on a og droid and didn't have a probs with 2.3. Also I've tried clearing data and cache as well as fix permissions.

I'm still on 2.3 and my market has been force closing tons the past couple of days.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Where did SLayher go?

Where did SLayher go? I went to download a new kernal and the link on page one is busted.

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where did SLayher go? I went to download a new kernal and the link on page one is busted.

I tried last night and couldn't get to it either, thought i would try again this morning - still not working.

can anyone help?

apastuszak

Reaction score
YouTube and Voice Search are both showing as needing updates in the Market. They both fail. I know there is a way to get this to work. Can someone please post a guide on how to do this and sticky it. I can't find the post in these 3-40 page threads.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
YouTube and Voice Search are both showing as needing updates in the Market. They both fail. I know there is a way to get this to work. Can someone please post a guide on how to do this and sticky it. I can't find the post in these 3-40 page threads.

It fails because they are installed on the system. I would THINK you can delete them from the system, reboot, and then install from the market.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

It fails because they are installed on the system. I would THINK you can delete them from the system, reboot, and then install from the market.

+1 for icculusX -- @Apastuszak --> Use Root Explorer to delete both .apk's from the system/app folder. Reboot and install the updated versions from the market.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I just completed the updates for youtube and voice search using Titanium to uninstall. I DID have to restart to make it work.