The Ultimate Droid 2.4.0 - All Devices - D1, INC, EVO 4G, Desire CDMA & GSM

choujin1975

Reaction score
can u delete the defualt launcher that 2.4 comes with?

Everytime i restart my phone it loads the default launcher then after hitting the home button a few times it finally loads Launcherpro, but then all my widgets says it hasnt been load properly and so i would have to redo them all..

Using Root explorer: go to system/app and find launcher2.apk - change to r/w and change name to launcher2.bak - this will de-activate the stock launcher but leave it in system if you need to re-install (for re-install just change the name back to luancher2.apk and clear defaults on luancher pro ~ this will give the you the choice of stock or launcher pro everytime you hit the home botton again).

nu2droid

Reaction score
First.. as always, flawless...
thank you

Do have a question though. How would i install the keyboard. I am using a version of the htc keyboard. i put together, but now i want to go stock. How can i go back. I have flashed, wiped etc and it always goes back to the one i installed. Thoughts? ideas?
Any help would be appreciated.

Running 2. 4 on droid 1

Update: nevermind I figured it out....
even sweeter now. Thanks again.

Last edited:

b-jammin21

Reaction score
How do you go about putting this on your phone without a computer?

I never use my computer. I just download the link in xscope. Then in astro I move the download from the /xscope/downloads folder onto the root folder. Works perfect everytime.

Just flashed this, couple things I've noticed so far. First boot took quite a while. Then after boot up I was getting extreme lag on everything for a little bit. Now the lag has gone away and its running great. I'm using jdlfg 1 ghz kernel and flashed over 2.3 with no wipe. I also like the new battery icon in the status bar. Its much easier to read the battery percentage than in 2.3.

Nice work, and thanks BD!

Sent from my Droid using my Droid

Rodeojones

Reaction score
Okay, I'm a first-time UD user. I've been a loyal LFY user for quite a while, but I was looking for something different that also offered lots of customization options. Man, this ROM is amazing. I don't know where to begin when describing how awesome it is. I think my favorite part might be the phone and messaging options for the lockscreen. It's something I never thought about before, but now that it's an option I wonder how in the world I ever went without it. Wow.

doublea500

Reaction score
anyway to get the actual gingerbread keyboard thats not themed black? i tried downloading the bb one which i like but theres no dictionary for it

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok i have a question.
so im running 2.3 on my droid 1 with a slayer ulv900 kernel with the compcache running. so if i flash to 2.4 will i loose the compcache? after i flash 2.4?

bob

illmatic636

Reaction score
ok i have a question.
so im running 2.3 on my droid 1 with a slayer ulv900 kernel with the compcache running. so if i flash to 2.4 will i loose the compcache? after i flash 2.4?

bob

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yes. You will loose comache cause it only works if the kernel itself is compache enabled. Flashing the new Rom will revert you back to the stock kernel it came with. Just use the hack once again after you update.

Firewing

Reaction score
in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
First of all I have to say awesome work!!! There are only 3 things I am seeing that aren't working properly.
1. Gmail doesn't sync unless I open my gmail app
2. UD settings won't install my themed apps or my built in apps in the UD extras page... no biggie, I downloaded them from the market.
3. Set CPU will not work... No matter how many times I fix permissions or reinstall it. I have to use the UD setting/ overclocking page to overclock. I really like using set cpu.
This is an awesome ROM, I can't wait for the themes... I hope 24k is one of the first :)

Cara
dancedroid

illmatic636

Reaction score
First of all I have to say awesome work!!! There are only 3 things I am seeing that aren't working properly.
2. UD settings won't install my themed apps or my built in apps in the UD extras page... no biggie, I downloaded them from the market.
3. Set CPU will not work... No matter how many times I fix permissions or reinstall it. I have to use the UD setting/ overclocking page to overclock. I really like using set cpu.
This is an awesome ROM, I can't wait for the themes... I hope 24k is one of the first :)

Cara
dancedroid

Answer for # 1...... Go into settlings/accounts-syncs/google and make sure the box for gmail sync is checked.

Firewing

Reaction score

Cara
dancedroid

Answer for # 1...... Go into settlings/accounts-syncs/google and make sure the box for gmail sync is checked.

It Is checked... I don't quite understand why it won't work, but I really don't mind.
Cara

illmatic636

Reaction score

Cara
dancedroid

It Is checked... I don't quite understand why it won't work, but I really don't mind.
Cara

Maybe the data in the gmail apk is corrupt, go into settings/applications/managed applications/ all tab. Scroll to gmail and select it. then hit clear data/yes/home/gmail and it will restart your gmail service on your droid. Let it sync and you should be good to go.

Firewing

Reaction score
I just realized it isn't syncing facebook either. If I go into settings/ accounts&sync/ facebook isn't listed on the first page even know I just set it up, also if I click on add account and try to add facebook it just takes me back to the previous add account page. Strange...My Facebook app is working just fine, so it isn't that.