The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

Tsip85

Reaction score
Like some others have said, the new release feels much less responsive than UD 8.0. Prior to install, I did a full wipe (twice). I left the stock UD kernel and turned the speed up to 800 using the built in control.

This only the second ROM that I've added to my Droid. I installed UD8 a few days ago then tried out this one. I don't know how the Droids are compared to a Blackberry, but whenever I would install a new OS on my Blackberry, I would have to give it a little time to settle in.

I was having problems with 1.0 being a little sluggish at first, but after a couple of reboots and letting it settle in for a full day, it's great. Very quick and responsive, and I'm using the stock kernel. Just give it a day or two and then see if you feel the same...

The_Chief

Reaction score
Any way to increase darkness of the text in the apps? seems light and more difficult for my old eyes to adjust to.

You can CHANGE the font to something more readable... Settings--> Ultimate Droid--> Ultimate Droid Extras--> Fonts

cj1896

Reaction score
Quick question:

I flashed this last night and I couldn't restore my launcherpro. I know it is in the sys/app folder and so I uninstalled LP and when I tried to restore it with titanium backup I would get a restore failed prompt. Is there any way to restore the app+data for Launcher Pro in titanium backup?

Bump...

Right now this is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to re setup my homescreens every time I flash a ROM

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Cold Fusion port is almost done....Had to theme some of the new images.

Kook, I need a Nice Blue Theme for this seem to be crazy nice Rom(Haven't dl yet) .Reading thru forum..Cold Fusion looks too close to purple..Just a thought...Even A deep Red and black, Carolina Blue/White,Green/White, Yellow/Black..Just throwing some thoughts out...Keep doing what you Do Kook:)

I'm using RD3s Urban theme and it's sweet!!! Only thing I did not like was that the Droid keyboard was just as plain as can be. I installed an Orange and Black Droid 2 Multi Touch keyboard that TheBowsers made and it's sweet!! He also has some blue and black and red and black...

I'll look into that..thanks

donerico

Reaction score
Like some others have said, the new release feels much less responsive than UD 8.0. Prior to install, I did a full wipe (twice). I left the stock UD kernel and turned the speed up to 800 using the built in control.
try switching to setcpu, made a difference for me.

Renapd

Reaction score
Quick question:

I flashed this last night and I couldn't restore my launcherpro. I know it is in the sys/app folder and so I uninstalled LP and when I tried to restore it with titanium backup I would get a restore failed prompt. Is there any way to restore the app+data for Launcher Pro in titanium backup?

Bump...

Right now this is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to re setup my homescreens every time I flash a ROM

Why don't you just back-up your settings within launcher pro itself and then use its restore function after you flash

c_mack9

Reaction score
i restored back to UD8 and my sms is still messed up? whats going on with my phone? all my settings are fine.

mward100

Reaction score
I loaded this last night and loaded r3ds's Urban theme today.

I was looking in my app drawer and noticed an app called "applanet." I didn't put this on my phone, so I guess it must have come with either the ROM or the theme? It says it is an alternative to the market. I didn't manage to catch malware on my Droid did I??

I installed the same Urban ROM and got the same app so it must have come from r3d. I don't know what it is and didn't trust it so I had to uninstall it with root explorer, it wouldn't just uninstall.

apastuszak

Reaction score
Ignore me

The gmail app is not auto-syncing and I can't tell my unread messages from my read messages in the app either.

Not sure why but my gmail was set to NOT SYNC when I first installed (although contacts and calendar were both set to sync). See if that's the problem?

That worked!

Still can't tell read from unread.

Ok, so read messages have a grey background. Figured it out. Sorry for the hassles...

apastuszak

Reaction score
Is there any way to get Answer and Decline buttons to answer the phone instead of the slider?

I'm using Easy Answer Button right now, but if there is some way to do this in the ROM, I'd rather do that.

Tsip85

Reaction score
Kook, I need a Nice Blue Theme for this seem to be crazy nice Rom(Haven't dl yet) .Reading thru forum..Cold Fusion looks too close to purple..Just a thought...Even A deep Red and black, Carolina Blue/White,Green/White, Yellow/Black..Just throwing some thoughts out...Keep doing what you Do Kook:)

I'm using RD3s Urban theme and it's sweet!!! Only thing I did not like was that the Droid keyboard was just as plain as can be. I installed an Orange and Black Droid 2 Multi Touch keyboard that TheBowsers made and it's sweet!! He also has some blue and black and red and black...

I'll look into that..thanks
Here's a link to where I found the zip files: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/78238-droid-2-keyboard-mods.html

Download, copy to SD card, change name to update.zip, reboot in recovery, allow install, install, reboot. Go to settings>keyboard> CHECK Multi TOuch and UNCHECK Droid Keyboard.

Easy as that.

altimax98

Reaction score
i restored back to UD8 and my sms is still messed up? whats going on with my phone? all my settings are fine.

Your memory is too full. Check your storage (Settings/SD Card & Phone Storage) if the internal storage amount is less then 27megs it will give you a error and reject all texts. You need to remove/move apps to SD, to get rid of it.

If you did a Titanium Backup, did you make sure your apps got reinstalled to the SD card? It may have installed all the apps, even the ones on the SD, to internal.

Ive had this issue many times lol... Hope I helped

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm having an issue with gmail not syncing...i have to go and clear data once a day to make it resync. anyone else having this issue? it'll work for about a day, but then it'll stop again...