The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

Tsip85

Reaction score
i'm having an issue with gmail not syncing...i have to go and clear data once a day to make it resync. anyone else having this issue? it'll work for about a day, but then it'll stop again...

Have you checked your ACcounts and Sync settings? When I installed this ROM, I had to go to settings>Accounts & sync and Check the Auto-sync box. Also, click your gmail account from there and make sure it says Sync is ON.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm having an issue with gmail not syncing...i have to go and clear data once a day to make it resync. anyone else having this issue? it'll work for about a day, but then it'll stop again...

Have you checked your ACcounts and Sync settings? When I installed this ROM, I had to go to settings>Accounts & sync and Check the Auto-sync box. Also, click your gmail account from there and make sure it says Sync is ON.

Yep I verified all these things...can't figure out why its happening or when exactly it started...

cj1896

Reaction score
Quick question:

I flashed this last night and I couldn't restore my launcherpro. I know it is in the sys/app folder and so I uninstalled LP and when I tried to restore it with titanium backup I would get a restore failed prompt. Is there any way to restore the app+data for Launcher Pro in titanium backup?

Bump...

Right now this is a deal breaker for me. I don't want to re setup my homescreens every time I flash a ROM

Why don't you just back-up your settings within launcher pro itself and then use its restore function after you flash

I didn't think about that, thanks for the help.

911junkie

Reaction score
Quick question:

I flashed this last night and I couldn't restore my launcherpro. I know it is in the sys/app folder and so I uninstalled LP and when I tried to restore it with titanium backup I would get a restore failed prompt. Is there any way to restore the app+data for Launcher Pro in titanium backup?

I had the same problem. This is how I fixed it. I assume you have the launcherpro apk. Backup your settings.

1) Open Root Explorer (must do this BEFORE you open titanium, you'll see why...)

2) Open Titanium backup

3) Remove LauncherPro via Titanium

4) Hold HOME button, pull up recents (this is why you must open Root Explorer before you delete, because now you have no homescreen)

5) Navigate to folder with launcherpro apk

6) Copy Launcherpro APK to /system/app

7) Long press launcherpro apk and select permissions

8) Make sure permissions are set as follows:

a) Read: User, Group, Others
b) Write: User
c) Execute: none

Reboot. Voila. Restore backup settings.

markwebb

Reaction score
Google Search won't update to 1.1.2. Anyone else with this issue?

athack

Reaction score
One thing missing

my 2cents everything with this mod as far as im concerned r great.. 1 thing i would like to see added is the option to select all for emails like it had in UD8.. thanks for all the hard work

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Market updates for system apps

For any app that is included as part of the rom, updates from the market generally won’t install. This is because they are in system/app, and are designated as read only. If you really want the updated app, and don’t want to wait for an update to the rom, you can accomplish it in one of three ways.

the easiest way is thru root explorer. go into system/app, and then click the "mount r/w" button (to change the system files from read only to read/write). then find the app, long press on it, and then hit "delete". then push the "mount ro" button to change back to read only, exit out of root explorer and then reboot (this is important to get the change in system apps to "take.") when you boot back up, you should be able to install the app from the mkt, with the update.

the second avenue is thru Terminal Emulator. type in:

su
sysrw
rm /system/app/[name of app].apk
sysro
reboot

again, it's necessary to actually type in "reboot" and enter, to get the change to take.

finally, you can go into the rom zip file, manually delete/remove the app, and then reflash the newly configured rom zip file w/o the system app. then you should be able to dl the updated app from the market.

Word of warning: if you are running a theme, the themed app is for the version that is contained in the rom. If you delete the app in system, and then update from the market, you will lose the “theming”. But, you may be able to go into the theme zip file, extract the app icon, and replace it on your updated app.

EDIT: from the changelog, it appears that there is a mechanism to move some system apps to data, so that you can update from the market without having to go thru the above-described process. check out the op for further info. if the app you are trying to update (e.g. google search) is in data, but won't allow the update, then it may just be a matter of uninstalling the app, and then downloading the current version from the mkt.

drpaul07

Reaction score
For any app that is included as part of the rom, updates from the market won’t install. This is because they are in system/app, and are designated as read only. If you really want the updated app, and don’t want to wait for an update to the rom, you can accomplish it in one of three ways.

the easiest way is thru root explorer. go into system/app, and then click the "mount r/w" button (to change the system files from read only to read/write). then find the app, long press on it, and then hit "delete". then push the "mount ro" button to change back to read only, exit out of root explorer and then reboot (this is important to get the change in system apps to "take.") when you boot back up, you should be able to install the app from the mkt, with the update.

the second avenue is thru Terminal Emulator. type in:

su
sysrw
rm /system/app/[name of app].apk
sysro
reboot

again, it's necessary to actually type in "reboot" and enter, to get the change to take.

finally, you can go into the rom zip file, manually delete/remove the app, and then reflash the newly configured rom zip file w/o the system app. then you should be able to dl the updated app from the market.

Word of warning: if you are running a theme, the themed app is for the version that is contained in the rom. If you delete the app in system, and then update from the market, you will lose the “theming”. But, you may be able to go into the theme zip file, extract the app icon, and replace it on your updated app.

Thanks for that info. I had this same issue with SS4.8, but it was cuz i wouldn't reboot after i removed the app from /system. Now i know! Thanks.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just edited my post - check that. UD apparently has a mechanism that pushes system apps to data to allow for mkt updates. look in the op, and check the "EDIT" portion of my post.

(i should learn to read the op/changelog first, before i start popping off :))