The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

emdmao

Reaction score
Not to be rude, and no disrespect to any of the BD crew, but I did some impromptu tests myself and found that this version is slower than other releases and/or other roms out there. Maybe this should have a beta tag still? I am coming from UD 8, which I loved and was very fast, and I have run Chevy's SS, LFY, Kangerade, BB (several versions), etc. so I'm not completely new to this whole thing.

What I did were some quadrant tests based on my "feeling" of some sluggishness with this rom. I flashed the stock kernel and set the automatic overclock control as discussed earlier in this thread, as opposed to setCPU, then I downloaded and installed chevy's and slayher's newest froyo kernels. On all tests with any kernel under UD 1.0.0, I would barely get over a 900 score. This was after a complete sync with the market, email config, etc, and yes, I wiped data and cache individually 4 times, as well as the dalvik cache.

After this, I again wiped 4 times and went ahead and installed LFY 1.7 with the Slayher 1.2Ghz kernel, and I began to get 1500+ quadrant scores, and the "feel" of the system was much quicker now.

I'm no rom expert, and I appreciate all of the work the BD community has provided, so this is just one user's feedback of the experience I had with this rom, either to help improve this rom, or just as an FYI for potential "flashers".

- MDG

quadrant scores mean nothing

As I said in my post, it was a confirmation of the "sluggish" feel of the rom compared to other roms, and the quadrant score was a good way for me to quantify that "feeling". Just my opinion and somewhat experienced observation to which I am entitled. Thank you.

Quadrant Benchmark App, Not so Awesome? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Doc_PT

Reaction score
Hmm, I had a similar problem last week with ShadowRom. I couldn't install any ROM, now matter with clockwork or SPrecovery. Ended up restoring an old backup of UD 8 and was able to flash whatever I wanted.
Don't know if that will help but it may be worth a try since you have to wipe data anyway.

Lenster

Reaction score
I've got a problem with 3G Watchdog. You can run this as a shortcut launch or as a widget. The shortcut launch works fine. When I run the widget, it loads properly and places its info box on my home screen. If I reboot, I get a error loading widget box and when I trash that and try to reload the widget by long press, its gone from the list of widgets. The only way to get it back is to reinstall the app. But even with the widget gone, it still works fine from the shortcut launch.

This worked on UD8 and LFY 1.71

I am running Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 with the stock kernel and the Cold Fusion Theme.

Len

Lars1

Reaction score
Hey all,

Can I just say, I LOVE THIS ROM!!!!

If anyone is still running the stock kernel, are you using Set CPU still?

Is it necessary or are the in ROM options sufficient?

Can I use Set CPU in conjunction with the in-ROM options or is it one or the other?

Thanks.

reebz

Reaction score
I don't have a backup of UD8. I did wipe data and cache three times. I am using Sprecovery. Oh Poop

The_Chief

Reaction score
Hey all,

Can I just say, I LOVE THIS ROM!!!!

If anyone is still running the stock kernel, are you using Set CPU still?

Is it necessary or are the in ROM options sufficient?

Can I use Set CPU in conjunction with the in-ROM options or is it one or the other?

Thanks.

No. My Droid prefers P3's 1.2GHZ kernel. YMMV.
Yes. Still using SetCPU, 250min, 1200max.
I guess the ROM has it's own CPU governor but I chose to continue using SetCPU as I can use it across ROMs. Maybe it's just habit, but I keep it in place. Hope this helps.

the blackdroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not to be rude, and no disrespect to any of the BD crew, but I did some impromptu tests myself and found that this version is slower than other releases and/or other roms out there. Maybe this should have a beta tag still? I am coming from UD 8, which I loved and was very fast, and I have run Chevy's SS, LFY, Kangerade, BB (several versions), etc. so I'm not completely new to this whole thing.

What I did were some quadrant tests based on my "feeling" of some sluggishness with this rom. I flashed the stock kernel and set the automatic overclock control as discussed earlier in this thread, as opposed to setCPU, then I downloaded and installed chevy's and slayher's newest froyo kernels. On all tests with any kernel under UD 1.0.0, I would barely get over a 900 score. This was after a complete sync with the market, email config, etc, and yes, I wiped data and cache individually 4 times, as well as the dalvik cache.

After this, I again wiped 4 times and went ahead and installed LFY 1.7 with the Slayher 1.2Ghz kernel, and I began to get 1500+ quadrant scores, and the "feel" of the system was much quicker now.

I'm no rom expert, and I appreciate all of the work the BD community has provided, so this is just one user's feedback of the experience I had with this rom, either to help improve this rom, or just as an FYI for potential "flashers".

- MDG

You must have gotten your hands on the un-optimized test version that were leaked. After 3 weeks worth of work, I can tell you, what you have aint one of my finished products.

apastuszak

Reaction score
Can't get the Google Search update that's in the market to install. Anyone else have this problem?

reebz

Reaction score
are there any links to UD8.0? I'll install that and see if I can get 1.0 to install on top of that installaton.