The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Not to be rude, and no disrespect to any of the BD crew, but I did some impromptu tests myself and found that this version is slower than other releases and/or other roms out there. Maybe this should have a beta tag still? I am coming from UD 8, which I loved and was very fast, and I have run Chevy's SS, LFY, Kangerade, BB (several versions), etc. so I'm not completely new to this whole thing.

What I did were some quadrant tests based on my "feeling" of some sluggishness with this rom. I flashed the stock kernel and set the automatic overclock control as discussed earlier in this thread, as opposed to setCPU, then I downloaded and installed chevy's and slayher's newest froyo kernels. On all tests with any kernel under UD 1.0.0, I would barely get over a 900 score. This was after a complete sync with the market, email config, etc, and yes, I wiped data and cache individually 4 times, as well as the dalvik cache.

After this, I again wiped 4 times and went ahead and installed LFY 1.7 with the Slayher 1.2Ghz kernel, and I began to get 1500+ quadrant scores, and the "feel" of the system was much quicker now.

I'm no rom expert, and I appreciate all of the work the BD community has provided, so this is just one user's feedback of the experience I had with this rom, either to help improve this rom, or just as an FYI for potential "flashers".

- MDG

You must have gotten your hands on the un-optimized test version that were leaked. After 3 weeks worth of work, I can tell you, what you have aint one of my finished products.

Its the one from your OP, but its cool, it must just be my phone I guess, so I'll just go with LFY for now.

benji_kidd

Reaction score
my apps will not update, ex.: my espn sportcenter app needed to be updated and as i tried, it failed installation and keep failing no matter if i rebooted phone, cancelled update then re-tried or cleared market in application settings..please help bd community, i know you guys always do

apastuszak

Reaction score
Gmail force closes. Google Maps force closes. Twitter won't log in. Having some issues here.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gmail force closes. Google Maps force closes. Twitter won't log in. Having some issues here.

Go into settings/applications/manage applications and clear data for them. See if it fixes the issues.

chuckoneil

Reaction score
Hey all, stayed up Last night to download it. I dunno bout everyone else but did i get a bad download?

Running UD 1.0.0 and Chevy No1 1.1Ghz kernel

1. When scrolling up and down the contacts it looks choppy

2. My contacts Icons - the faces i get from facebook sync dont arent there, only a few, but they were all there on UD 8

3. Messed around with the bootanimation options and did the disable boot animation, now when i re - enable it, and click the Droid X bootanimation to use and i Reboot I dont get the animation just straight from M logo to home screen..and i timed it from a regular boot before only like a 10 second decrease....

4. Auto Rotate Settings (This isn't really a bug but i cant figure out how to get it like i had it in UD 8) - Rotate so that apps would but the homescreen wouldn't - example would be messaging and landscape keyboards.

5. Lower Quadrant Scores highest on Chevy's 1.1 was a 1250..

I want to use UD 1.0.0 should I re download and use a different Kernel?

donerico

Reaction score
Hey all,

Can I just say, I LOVE THIS ROM!!!!

If anyone is still running the stock kernel, are you using Set CPU still?

Is it necessary or are the in ROM options sufficient?

Can I use Set CPU in conjunction with the in-ROM options or is it one or the other?

Thanks.
I found my droid was faster with setcpu than the built-in governor, both in terms of how snappy it was and the quadrant score, I don't know if that makes sense but it was my experience. I am now running UD 1.0.0 with Chevy 1100 and setcpu.

Lars1

Reaction score
I found my droid was faster with setcpu than the built-in governor, both in terms of how snappy it was and the quadrant score, I don't know if that makes sense but it was my experience. I am now running UD 1.0.0 with Chevy 1100 and setcpu.

Thanks, I'll give SCPU a try with the stock kernel and see how that goes..

Did you just turn off the UD settings?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the slayher kernels whats the differences between v1.4, 1.5, 1.6? Not sure which one I need?

hookerdj

Reaction score
quaadrant scores arent everything i think cvpcs already went over this if you do a search im sure you will find the thread (but if im mistaken im sorry )

Lars1

Reaction score
Hey hooker,

Out of curiosity, what do you have your 1250 kernel clocked at?

Nausicaa

Reaction score
Besides a slight misspelling in keyboards (may froce close) everything is smooth and fantastic so far. It is amazing.

HarleyDad09

Reaction score
Any way we can see some screens of the themed twitter/facebook apps?

Also, is anyone else getting a FC on chrome 2 phone?

drpaul07

Reaction score
On the slayher kernels whats the differences between v1.4, 1.5, 1.6? Not sure which one I need?

I think its the version number. So 1.6 is his latest build of his kernel. Someone correct me if i'm wrong though.