The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
lfy 1.7 is super fast, i'm running it on JUST the 800mhz slayer kernel and its amazing.

I loved UD, but i'm hanging with lfy until ud 1 receives its incremental update which has already been mentioned, then i'll give it a try.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've gotta agree that quadrant scores can't really mean much. I feel like this ROM is even smoother than 8.0, and my quadrant score is only like 903. I don't know, it's running cool, everything is working fine, no force closes, and no other issues that I can see. If getting a ROM as perfect as this means low quadrant scores...I'll take it.

js0724

Reaction score
Why was carhomelauncher.apk not included? I grabbed it from UD8 and all is working but just wondering.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RedRumy3

Reaction score
Hmm i said i never wanted to try roms and stick with stock but i tried one and now i am going to try like a lot of roms :X gets addicting lol when everyone gets settle with this new rom can you post your benchmarks i am just wondering what people are getting

Guess i will load this one and try it out :)

so far i tried Bugless Beast, Project Elite, Stock Deodexed.

And i seems to have best results with stock deodexed

The_Chief

Reaction score
I am getting into the 1100s but the ROM is so fast, fluid and buttery smooth that I can't tell the difference between an 1100 Quadrant and a 1700 Quadrant. I think Quadrant is overrated myself. Real world speed and fluidity is what matters to me... and this ROM has it.

mdgmcse

Reaction score
I wasn't intending to start a discussion on the validity of quadrant, I was just supporting my opinion of the sluggishness of this rom with some rough benchmark data. My opinion is that it is sluggish for some reason so I went with lfy this go round. Maybe others will have the same experience and we can discuss as to why. I thought that was the point of these forums. I'm no rom expert so I surely do not know why, so I'm trying to provide some constructive feedback.

- MDG

The_Chief

Reaction score
Sorry if I got you ruffled... I didn't mean to do that. I was just expressing an opinion and that, of course, opens things up for discussion. I'm sorry that it's running slow for you. It's my experience that electronics is NOT an exact science... especially in the case of the Motorola Droid. What works great on my phone may throw yours into a bootloop. Go figure! So I hope you find a ROM that you can live with. Until Gingerbread comes out, I've found mine.

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Sorry if I got you ruffled... I didn't mean to do that. I was just expressing an opinion and that, of course, opens things up for discussion. I'm sorry that it's running slow for you. It's my experience that electronics is NOT an exact science... especially in the case of the Motorola Droid. What works great on my phone may throw yours into a bootloop. Go figure! So I hope you find a ROM that you can live with. Until Gingerbread comes out, I've found mine.

Not ruffled at all...just trying to clarify my position...thanks for your feedback.

donerico

Reaction score
I have flashed Chevy SS 4.7, LFY 1.7, ShadowRom, UD 08 and UD 1.0.0 in the last two weeks. I have run mostly Chevy's 1.1 LV Kernel. I have gotten everything in the range from 900 to 1450 in quadrant at different times (sometimes even a wide range within the same ROM). I have noticed that the different quadrant scores don't realy relate much to how smooth the ROM runs, all these ROMs run very well on my droid. The ones I perceived as the smoothest by a very small margin where SS and UD. I think that, there are too many variables to really be able to tell which ROM is the fastest. These variables include the variations in hardware, software configurations, user perception, what combination of apps and services are running at any specific time, etc. etc.
In my mind it all boils down to how each person experiences it. For me, UD (and Chevy's kernels) provides the best combination of performance, functionality and "feel" of all the ROMs and keep coming back to it after very short explorations into other options. My droid seems to agree with me :)

Doc_PT

Reaction score
Any idea how to uncheck the Touch UI setting in the call settings menu. I normally just re-install the cytown phone app in terminal using his instructions but it is not working with 1.0.0.

Any help would be great - I tend to hang up or "cheek" people a lot without that option unchecked.

reebz

Reaction score
Weird thing happening. I'm unable to install UD 1.0.0. I've downloaded from both links provided in OP. I've wiped data and cache three times each and when I attempt to install, I get the message "Can't open /sdcard/update.zip (bad). Installation aborted."
Any ideas anyone? Never had a problem like this on any previous UD versions.