The Razr & I Are Not Going 2 Make It

swallman

Reaction score
It must be 4g that is draining everyone's battery. I don't have 4g in my area so I turned it off as soon as I activated the phone. I unplugged from the charger yesterday at 10 AM. I streamed music for about an hour over 3g, made about 1 hour of voice calls, sent and read a few dozen texts and e-mails, surfed the web for an hour and downloaded a few apps and configured my home screens and I'm now at 40%. I have been on WiFi for 18 of the last 26 hours. The 4 biggest battery drains listed are android os 32%, wifi 22% display 15% voice calls 11%.

I was hesitant to get this phone because of the non removable battery but so far I am impressed with how long it lasts.

PS I do not have smart actions enabled.

I agree. I'm not in a 4G area either and get as good as (or better) results than I was getting with my DX. I think the key is to turn 4G off until you need it (for example, watching streaming video, surfing intensive websites, etc.). Granted, not the best solution, but until the next generation of phones come out with a combined 3G/4G radio, I think that's what we're left with.

katdroid2

Reaction score
I had similar problem- after having my Razr for a little less than 1 month, it died yesterday. I sat it down (it had about 50% battery) and picked it up 1/2 hr later - NOTHING. Even after trying to charge for 2+ hours, I could get it to do nothing, it wouldn't turn on, reboot, nada. Went to Verizon last night and they wanted to ship me a "new" one in a couple of days until I got the manager involved and they finally gave me a new one last night. So far so good, but holding my breath. However, my contacts did re-sync, but I did not get any of my apps back. Is there some trick to that part of it?