Razr wont charge

cnofzz

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I hope to god you can help me with this.

I have a rooted razr running the stock ics. I used ota root keeper to keep the root. All i have done with the root is unlocked the hotspot and changed my boot animation.

The phone will not charge. It noticed the problem when it got low battery. I fiddled with it and checked to make sure that the charge port wasnt full of lint. It died and still wont boot. The led turns white when i connect the charger to power so its not a hardware problem ( I think).

Please help. I dont want to own a brick. Should I take it to Verizon and see if they will just replace it?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
IF that doesnt work, do I have a chance taking the phone to verizon. If they can get it to start they will see an android pissing on an apple, which might tip them off that something has been tampered with.

Yeah if they see that they will probably tell you that your warranty is voided and offer no help, but you might get lucky and they won't care.

OP
C

cnofzz

Reaction score
Yeah if they see that they will probably tell you that your warranty is voided and offer no help, but you might get lucky and they won't care.

Ok thanks man, im going to try to turn it on after work and race to the factory reset screen. If that doesnt work then I will try what you have listed..

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ok thanks man, im going to try to turn it on after work and race to the factory reset screen. If that doesnt work then I will try what you have listed..

Okay let us know if you run into any problems.

OP
C

cnofzz

Reaction score
no dice I dont even have enough charge to boot it up anymore..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try it this way.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=217019

Do you have a car charger??? Try charging with that it will sometimes have the kick to charge in these situations..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
C

cnofzz

Reaction score
I went into verizon. Phone was so dead it didnt even boot up. They are shipping me a new razr. I lose the skins I had and most of the files I had on it, but not my sd card or phone. Happy enough with the outcome. Will moto be pissed when I email the old one back and its rooted?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I went into verizon. Phone was so dead it didnt even boot up. They are shipping me a new razr. I lose the skins I had and most of the files I had on it, but not my sd card or phone. Happy enough with the outcome. Will moto be pissed when I email the old one back and its rooted?

Well if the phone does not even boot up not sure what their process will be. Don't think Verizon employees are going to wait to hook up the phone to their charging cables to see if it boots up, or just send it directly to Moto.

Again from there who knows the process if they track who's account it came from at that point.

jaybogg

Reaction score

Please report back whether you hear anything from Moto or VZW. I've read a lot of threads where people conjecture about what will happen, but haven't seen where anyone factually stated what happened when they sent a rooted phone back. Your response would be greatly appreciated!!:biggrin:

Of course I have been following these threads for only a couple of months, so it may have been discussed thoroughly prior to that.