Razr wont ota update

earns

Reaction score
Im rooted
Only changes ive made since root are
Used sq lite to change mobile hotspot to 0
Absolute system to change font and boot animation

Are any of these the reason why i cant update? I used voodoo root keeper to unroot then update but i still cant update! Any help!?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes sir I think that may be the problem. What error are you getting?

OP
E

earns

Reaction score
Just sais update failed!
It downloads, then reboots, goes about halfway thru the installation and then boots up to my custom boot logo, when it turns all the way on it sais 'system update failed' :(

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Go back and return your BA, Fonts and Hotspot to stock (if possible)

You may be in a tough spot with this one if that does not work.

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Here's some info about the update not being able to work.
these activites can cause the update to fail.
  • Root
  • Removing "bloatware" apks
  • Having a backup utility in place
  • Flashing unofficial software (leaked or altered builds for the RAZR)
You must be fully restored to stock to update.

RedTarget

Reaction score
A coworker of mine is getting a "status 6" error when trying to update. The OTA wouldn't work so he tried manually updating it, device is rooted but no apps have been removed or frozen. Any ideas as to why this would be? I've looked at it, but don't see anything out of the ordinary.

bros

Reaction score
Need help here guy!!!

I have stock and rooted razr add some transparent widget but all stock bloaware are still there have not been touch. download the ota update and install only
less than halt way and reboot the error message update fail. any suggestion here.
Thanks in advance.

210droid

Reaction score
is the update already suppose to have been pushed to everybody by now? san antonio, tx

210droid

Reaction score
i used rootkeeper to unroot, unfroze bloatware with TB. still; when i check for update, there is no update

IndyCross

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation as those listed above. I used SGLite to change the DB in mobile hotspot back to it's original setting and unfroze all the bloatware (I didn't uninstall anything, just froze it). Should I uninstall titanium and unroot, then try? Is it possible I'm downloading a bad version of the update? For most people it just breaks root, so I expected that not to matter.
(I haven't flashed any ROMS or bootstrapped)

EDIT: Just looked at last_log and saw that the first failure is when looking for "Protips.apk". Well crud, I totally uninstalled that. If I do a factory reset, that's one that will return, right? (I'll find out...). The next failure is "failed to stat "/cache/saved.file": No such file or directory". I imagine this will be fixed when Protips.apk is restored (I hope). I'll update as soon as I try factory restore. If this doesn't work, does anyone have a copy, JIC? Thank you!!!!

EDIT II.I: I'm going HERE to see if they have a copy of Protips.apk that will install and trick my phone into allowing it to update...
Mods, I know there are certain forums that are touchy about linking to another forum (Even XDA). Please feel free to change my post and accept my apologies if this is in bad taste. I just feel I am not the only one in this update snafu-boggle-quagmire. The ironic thing is, I don't even know if the update is worth it!

EDIT II.II: Didn't work. Not even a little bit.
dang.
Anyone wanna try to ship me a copy of the protips.apk? Please?

jerkwad

Reaction score

210droid

Reaction score
what was the original DB setting in mobile hotspot? i forgot!

OP
E

earns

Reaction score