So I'm on my second RAZR and still having problems with the phone freezing up

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
So basically my phone sometimes freezes up, especially when using the stock media player app. And when I try using motocast its painfully slow in loading artist names and tracks. Idk if this is because I have over 100gb of music streamed through motocast. But even when I'm just listening to music on the sd card it still is slow in loading artists and song lists.

Also yesterday my phone did something very strange it freezed up completely and had to be powered off and powered back on.

Then when it said I had 15% battery left it died 10 minutes later while it was idle.

Is anyone else having similar problems?

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
So basically my phone sometimes freezes up, especially when using the stock media player app. And when I try using motocast its painfully slow in loading artist names and tracks. Idk if this is because I have over 100gb of music streamed through motocast. But even when I'm just listening to music on the sd card it still is slow in loading artists and song lists.

Also yesterday my phone did something very strange it freezed up completely and had to be powered off and powered back on.

Then when it said I had 15% battery left it died 10 minutes later while it was idle.

100gigs of music? You have an on line store of music? Lol. I've got bugs but not like yours ....... yet. I just got mine yesterday. Only one spontaneous reboot, and twice now when I unlock my phone my incoming call notification will ring until I turn my display off. And my keyboard vibrate does not vibrate , among other things

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

kptphalkon

Reaction score
That sounds annoying as hell. I'm sorry to beat a dead horse but why the heck are companies rushing their product, to release it full of flaws, only to wonder why their customers are moving to the iphone.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
And are some of us so damn impatient, and get the phone so early instead of waiting it out till at least the first OTA? Damn addiction to phones. I should've kept my bionic and waited for awhile to get the Razr. But either device we can still find things to not like. But I do like the feel of this phone and the camera and the stock keyboard among other things than the bionic. Its an addiction tho

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
For me, the issues have been nothing related to lockups or reboots, but minor such as the lack of haptic feedback, volume settings changing, screen not reorienting from landscape to portrait, and a conflict between two Smart Actions for different GPS locations (home and work), that for some reason are both showing as active at the same time...who say's you can't be in two places at once?! :blink: Hey, I could tell my boss, "yeah - I'm at work (while sitting in my easy chair), my Droid RAZR says so, right here..." ;)

niceguy52184

Reaction score
I'm on my third Droid Razr now. Audio fully went out on the first phone. The second phone just fully conked out on me. I was using absolutely every app I could find and using it for hours. The first phone lasted me 6 days, the second...5! I'm getting another one from amazonwireless and then they are going to give me an HTC rezound when they come back in stock...dancedroid:icon_ banana:

ddfuji

Reaction score
Most failures with this phone are app related. Your problem might b your using the stock bloat ware apps. I got about 300gb of music streaming through Google music and it has only frozen my phone once in the past twoish weeks. Before I rooted the razr it was slow glitch and battery was getting raped. Once I rooted and frozen about 5dozen applications and bloat ware and stuff I don't use ( Google books, stock music app, amazon books etc.) The battery life drastically improved and phone ran smooth. This phone is excellent and I have had minimal problems withit. Most of my issues are related with the apps I put on this phone. Not the phone. Its an excellent phone and I believe it will treat me just fine. I

One issue is this text box on this website :p to is freaking out and making it hard to edit this :)

niceguy52184

Reaction score
App crashing is not an acceptable excuse

Apps should not crash the phone to the point that it doesn't turn on again...I'm telling you all...stay AWAY!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If you have 300GB of music and are using motocast that may be the "issue". You have to give the phone HOURS to sync properly. I've heard people with MUCH smaller libraries taking 3-4 hours to fully sync. I bet that is the issue. I would factory reset and set up motocast to overnite for the first time.

ddfuji

Reaction score
Thats like saying its the computers fault for not operating properly when the company and user load it with software and bloat ware. Ever been on a HP laptop with there bloat ware? Slow as crap. And then throw on some Norton and fake photos editing software and a dash of lime wire and you got a sluggish computer.

ddfuji

Reaction score
If you have 300GB of music and are using motocast that may be the "issue". You have to give the phone HOURS to sync properly. I've heard people with MUCH smaller libraries taking 3-4 hours to fully sync. I bet that is the issue. I would factory reset and set up motocast to overnite for the first time.

Or use Google music

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ddfuji

Reaction score

Is your phone rooted?

niceguy52184

Reaction score
The product is faulty, %wise 1 in every 50 should have problems like this...

No DD, you are completely wrong. When you have a computer with a bunch of crap software, there is a process. For both of my DROID razrs they just fully went out, the screen wouldn't even come on with my second one. My first did not send audio through either speaker or the headphone jack even AFTER a factory re-set. Don't assume you can simplify something that is clearly a bigger problem, a faulty product.

ddfuji

Reaction score
No DD, you are completely wrong. When you have a computer with a bunch of crap software, there is a process. For both of my DROID razrs they just fully went out, the screen wouldn't even come on with my second one. My first did not send audio through either speaker or the headphone jack even AFTER a factory re-set. Don't assume you can simplify something that is clearly a bigger problem, a faulty product.

In your original post you made it seem very app related. That's why I said this. And I was just using a metaphor to show that maybe some of your freezes had to do with software. Maybe you just keep getting lucky with faulty hardware.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
In your original post you made it seem very app related. That's why I said this. And I was just using a metaphor to show that maybe some of your freezes had to do with software. Maybe you just keep getting lucky with faulty hardware.

Which is cool, because if he gets it all, the good stuff is left for everyone else. ;)