The Razr & I Are Not Going 2 Make It

muscles007

Reaction score
Hi. I just got my Razr Wednesday of last week, by Friday I was back @ Verizon and they had to do a reset. Besides the "super short" battery life, any email that I needed to send or forward the contents of the email was being deleted. Saturday, out of the blue the phone died. It had battery power and still died. I tried plugging it in, it didn't come on until the next day. Figured I'd give it another chance before taking it back to Verizon. Tonight while in a lecture at school, phone went down to 60% power and died again. I am at a loss as to what to do to regain power aside from throwing it against a wall and returning it to Verizon in the morning. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciat. Thank you.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Sounds like you might have a defective unit. I'd swap it out for a new one... Best of luck to you!

imbue

Reaction score
You're way more patient than me. I would have taken it back long ago. Definitely a defective unit. I've had mine for almost two weeks, the battery has gotten a lot better and had have zero issues with anything else. Trust me, swap it out and you'll be in good shape.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
muscles007

muscles007

Reaction score
So, I got Verizon to give me another Droid Razr. So far no automatic shut down any longer (but the battery life still sucks). Verizon suggested that if your phone automatically shuts down on you and you can't power it up again, hold the power and volume down button simultaneously and that should power it up again.

imbue

Reaction score
Battery life was pretty bad for me at first as well. For the first week even. The key for me was to run the phone dead, then fully charge it. After that, employ some smart actions. There's a good thread about it here in the general razr forums. My battery is lasting me all day now. I can run it under heavy usage and after 12 hours still have 50% left.
Give 'em a shot!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Revans310

Reaction score
It might not be the phone but some power hungry app...For the record I'm getting great battery life.

applemac

Reaction score
Dang phone. Just died on me. Did the power/volume- and it came back on. I wonder if it was the smart actions? Or battery gauge app? Stupid! I may be taking mine back. Is there a way to back up EVERYTHING on my phone for new one? Man, that scared the devil out of me!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Dang phone. Just died on me. Did the power/volume- and it came back on. I wonder if it was the smart actions? Or battery gauge app? Stupid! I may be taking mine back. Is there a way to back up EVERYTHING on my phone for new one? Man, that scared the devil out of me!

If you end up getting a new one, all your apps will be restored to your new phone since it's tied to your google account.
Be sure to swap out the SD card with the new one so you dont lose your stuff.
Your contacts will be restored aswell since it syncs with googles servers.

ambrown

Reaction score
I have no scientific data to back me up but I've read that battery life on Motorola phones seem to improve over time. I even noticed that battery life improved with my incredible after the first few weeks of ownership. That and I watched power consumption by controlling the display settings, the display is always the number one power consumer on my phone, and its even Amoled; which is supposed to consume less power than regular LCD's.

I wonder if its just the lithium ion batteries warming up over a time of use.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

OP
muscles007

muscles007

Reaction score
I totally agree about some of the apps hogging battery life. One app I was using called "screebl" was draining my battery. It's used to keep the screen on. So I changed to "keep screen." I also found that having the razr set on 4g can kill battery life also. So for now I've set it to 3g and it works just fine now. Longer battery life too.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
This fone has been awesome! Odd really loved org more with a hot swappable battery but I'll live :)
I too am going to switch to 3g unless I'm in need of a boost!

Living on the edge!

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
It must be 4g that is draining everyone's battery. I don't have 4g in my area so I turned it off as soon as I activated the phone. I unplugged from the charger yesterday at 10 AM. I streamed music for about an hour over 3g, made about 1 hour of voice calls, sent and read a few dozen texts and e-mails, surfed the web for an hour and downloaded a few apps and configured my home screens and I'm now at 40%. I have been on WiFi for 18 of the last 26 hours. The 4 biggest battery drains listed are android os 32%, wifi 22% display 15% voice calls 11%.

I was hesitant to get this phone because of the non removable battery but so far I am impressed with how long it lasts.

PS I do not have smart actions enabled.

Last edited: