The Official Thunderbolt ROMs and Kernels Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It tells me it installed right an recognizes it as a generic USB hub. Then the HTC sync message comes up and and says its not responding and to reconnect it, but still no go.

I get that message too. Try rebooting the phone and your pc.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moving forward in this thread, let's keep this only to discussion of a new ROM or update topic. If a post gets deleted, please don't take offense at all, just post it in the appropriate Thunderbolt section. We got a bit off-topic in here but I'm not going to delete anything. Plus I think Dawna's video can be a confidence builder for someone who has not had the courage to add a ROM.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OnQUYK47UE

Ok this is going to be helpful to any noobs... It is my first ever ROM flash... Here you will find an instructional video as well as the steps... Enjoy!

:greendroid: Download and save(to pc) the zip file for Das BMAF 1.4 remix (link will be at the end)
****DO NOT EXTRACT OR RENAME****

:greendroid: Plug in phone via usb to pc set to Disc Drive mode so you are able to brows the SD card. Once done open SD card and paste the downloaded zip file to the root of the sd. You will need to change to charge only mode to do this.
****DO NOT PUT IN A SEPARATE FOLDER****

:greendroid: Go into settings>applications> turn off fastboot then go to the development setting and turn of debugging.

:greendroid:Reboot into clockwork recovery. You can do this 2 different ways: 1-Go to Roms manager and reboot into recovery. 2-Manually by pressing the down volume key and the power button.

:greendroid: Now you are in clockwork recovery on the phone. Volume up and down moves to select different items. The power button is to select the item.

:greendroid: Navigate to backup/restore and choose backup. This will backup what you currently have to the main menu. This will take awhile.

:greendroid: Once it is done you will be back at the clockwork recovery. Now you need to navigate to install zip and choose from sd card. Then navigate down to yes install. Note there will be a bunch of no's make sure you choose yes.

:greendroid: Now it will go through the installation which also takes awhile. Be patient.

:greendroid: You will be back at clockwork recovery again when it finishes.

:greendroid: Choose the go back option until you get to reboot system now.

:greendroid: Choose this option. The phone will reboot. Don't freak out it will take some time, again be patient.

:greendroid: Phone should boot and there you now have flashed a rom.

This will be the same way for installing themes. Make sure you have the right theme for the rom flashed before installing any at all!

Have fun!

Das BMAF 1.4 remix download
http://adrynalyne.grdlock.net/bamf/r..._Remix_1.4.zip
or
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Great job for a first flash, but you should always at a MINIMUM wipe data factory reset, and wipe cache from clockwork recovery prior to flashing a Rom. If you don't there are a number of things that can corrupt your installation. By not wiping, you are also far more likely to have bugs in your new Rom as a result. Just FYI...titanium backup is an excellent tool.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

jimmiem

Reaction score
Propose a ROM name, maybe a developer will run with it.

If I made a ROM it would be vanilla Android and I'd call it "SENSEless Violence"

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
I took a few days off from updating things around here with this thread. Regardless I did some updates today. I'm also doing some changes with the listing but I do need some help. If any ROM developer/team wants a custom description for their ROM/kernel in this listing please let me know so I can update accordingly. I updated a few ROMs with a brief description on them to give an example. Plus if anyone has suggestions on how I can separate ROMs better by if they are Sense, Senseless, Froyo, Gingerbread, AOSP, etc please let me know.

user16256

Reaction score
I took a few days off from updating things around here with this thread. Regardless I did some updates today. I'm also doing some changes with the listing but I do need some help. If any ROM developer/team wants a custom description for their ROM/kernel in this listing please let me know so I can update accordingly. I updated a few ROMs with a brief description on them to give an example. Plus if anyone has suggestions on how I can separate ROMs better by if they are Sense, Senseless, Froyo, Gingerbread, AOSP, etc please let me know.

I recently got a thunderbolt and this is my first foray into the world of android. Could you clarify what these terms in bold mean for an android n00b please.

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
I recently got a thunderbolt and this is my first foray into the world of android. Could you clarify what these terms in bold mean for an android n00b please.

Sure.

Sense = The UI that comes with your Thunderbolt.
Senseless = The UI removed from the ROM. Usually replaced with another interface such as Launcher Pro, ADW, and Go EX for instance.
Froyo = The Android version that comes with your Thunderbolt.
Gingerbread = The next Android version coming out.
AOSP = In short it means the ROM is based off the Android source code.

user16256

Reaction score
correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Senseless sounds like just a different skin for the way the OS works, but otherwise identical

Froyo = Android 2.2
Gingerbread = Android 2.3.3
Honeycomb = Android 3

Meaning if a ROM is Froyo, they used this basic architecture but with some slight deviation

AOSP = Android Open Source Project ? Meaning they took the code and went AWOL with it and now it's something else entirely, like how we have so many different versions of linux.

Reaction score
Hey Demo Man, thanks for the nice list! Can you please separate the ROMs into Sense and No Sense? (Or at least clearly label them as such)

For people like me, I would like to see what ones have the HTC Widgets, etc. vs. the ones that do not. It looks like all of the ones currently have HTC Sense on them, though some are labeled "Senseless" or "de-sensed." I can basically figure out what is what currently, just perhaps and easier listing order or a "Sense = Yes/No" label would be helpful.

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
Hey Demo Man, thanks for the nice list! Can you please separate the ROMs into Sense and No Sense? (Or at least clearly label them as such)

For people like me, I would like to see what ones have the HTC Widgets, etc. vs. the ones that do not. It looks like all of the ones currently have HTC Sense on them, though some are labeled "Senseless" or "de-sensed." I can basically figure out what is what currently, just perhaps and easier listing order or a "Sense = Yes/No" label would be helpful.

That is something I am working towards is having things a bit more separated. Your ideas are certainly giving me some thought towards how to work this out as well in conjunction with how I'm visioning things myself. Thank you very much for your feedback. dancedroid

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the people who have flashed different roms on their TB which one did you have you had the best battery life with? yeah yeah yeah I know about all the threads/ issues everyone has with the battery life, and how every phone is different. But I want to try one out, but I don't want to start off having with my new rom with really bad battery life.

Reaction score
For the people who have flashed different roms on their TB which one did you have you had the best battery life with? yeah yeah yeah I know about all the threads/ issues everyone has with the battery life, and how every phone is different. But I want to try one out, but I don't want to start off having with my new rom with really bad battery life.

I was in the same boat as you, only I also wanted to keep Sense. My current ROM is Lightning Rom (full, not lite). It removes most bloatware and uses adrynelene's(sp) kernel. I installed SetCPU and put a screen off profile and get close to 20 hours on moderate use on 3G only connection.

In most cases, as long as the ROM removes bloatware, the only thing that matters is the kernel... you can typically load a ROM and then flash the kernel of your choice after flashing the ROM.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I was in the same boat as you, only I also wanted to keep Sense. My current ROM is Lightning Rom (full, not lite). It removes most bloatware and uses adrynelene's(sp) kernel. I installed SetCPU and put a screen off profile and get close to 20 hours on moderate use on 3G only connection.

In most cases, as long as the ROM removes bloatware, the only thing that matters is the kernel... you can typically load a ROM and then flash the kernel of your choice after flashing the ROM.
Cool. I have been thinking about either Lightning or VirusROM. Now I guess I just need to figure out which one

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
Change Log Archive #1

4/6/11 - Added Adrynalyne's 2.6.32.21 4.0 Kernels. Updated VirusROM AirbourneTB to RC1B3. Added richardtrip's kernel. Added note about bolted. Updated info on Lightning ROM and Lightning Lite ROM. Added Twisted Sense to the ROM listing.

4/7/11 - Added utkanos Kernels to the kernel listing. Fixed link to Adrynalyne's 2.6.32.21 4.0 Kernels. Updated Adrynalyne's 2.6.32.21 Kernal version to 4.1. Das BAMF to version 1.4

4/8/11 - Updated Lightning to 3.1 and Lightning Light to 2.1. Updated de-sensed Das BAMF to 1.4.

4/9/11 - Added jdlfg's Custom Kernels to the listing. Updated Adrynalyne's 2.6.32.21 Kernels to version 4.3 and dropped the listing for 2.0. Added Lotus to the ROM listing. Fixed some spelling errors. Added "Beta 3" to ProTekk's Battery Saver kernel.

4/12/11 - Updated The Perfect Storm to 1.3. Updated Twisted Sense to 1.3. Added Plain Jane and BoltOfPhotons to the ROM listing. Started work on adding descriptions and better separation of ROMs in the listing. Added note asking devs to help with descriptions for ROMs and kernels. Updated info on Lightning ROM to include 3.2B. Updated leanKernel's info. Added Cyanogen to the Gingerbread AOSP listing as "coming soon." Updated Tesla Coil to 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.