The Official Thunderbolt ROMs & Kernels Listing 2.0

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Roms' started by Demolition Man, May 17, 2011.

1. mickeyb1ueeyes

mickeyb1ueeyes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Demolition Man

Ratings:
    +0
  3. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am very advanced when it comes to computers, but I wanted to root my thunderbolt and this is just too confusing. By confusing I don't mean how to root your phone I mean just with all these different roms/kernels.

Why does there have to be so many different roms/kernels out there. It is overwhelming. I have no idea which one to pick. I could spend hours or days trying to find the right one. Wouldn't it be better if the developer who makes their own custom rom makes their own custom kernel to work specifically for their rom and package them together?

Or all the developers work on a single super rom/kernel and include what everyone likes then tweak that super rom/kernel to have different versions for peoples different likes?

It seems this is just too disorganized and roms/kernels are thrown out at will. I appreciate what the developers do it is awesome but can't it be more user friendly or less confusing. I am not bashing anyone of trolling here, I am just wondering about what I said?

4. texazranger09

texazranger09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything is pretty organized honestly. Just pick a Rom and go with it. That's the joy of open source....choices. and a lot of the devs have their own kernels they make with their roms... Just go with it and don't read so far into things, you won't know til you try

you've been....THUNDASTRUCK!

5. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are absolutely right I am jsut going to try one. I do have a question though. I never did this but I am assuming when you root your thunderbolt you will lose contacts, messages, etc... Should I back up everything or does it actually keep all that stuff. And my one other question is what is this MR2 radio thing everyone mentions. I am going to try out Das BAMF 3.0 Rom, what is the best kernel that works with it if anyone knows. Do I also need to download MR2 or MR2.5. Thanks everybody in advance.

#29 jmm5351, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  6. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    never mind I am not going to root my phone. too much crap to do. i been sitting here waiting for all the garbage files to download and its taking eternity. this is something i wanted to do now. i dont know how you all had the patience and I havent even been able to find a really good tutorial out there. everything has to be so obscure about it. the best one i found so far was from android police and it sucks

#30 jmm5351, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  7. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Please watch the language this is a family friendly forum.

As for a good link to root your Tbolt stop on by www.thunderboltforums.com we have plenty of info for you.

Rooting is not always a quick process but I recomend going the long way the first time as you will learn tons about what's going phone.

You have to start some where. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

8. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    waste of time. someone should just make a crap program to root it for you. it would be so much easier, so much quicker, less painless, and less stupid. i cant believe the process that you have to undergo in order to put on a custom rom onto your thunderbolt. especially when it has an open boot loader and people are allowed to do this. my 360 was easier to hack than the thunderbolt and that thing was on lock down. psp was so easy my 8 year old sister could have hacked it and it also was on lock down.

9. texazranger09

texazranger09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well if its too much of a problem to go through this then there's no point in whining about it. It's easy, there's videos on YouTube showing every single step to go through. One click roots weren't working for this phone its not like it wasn't thought about.
    If you want to root the mr2 radio is for gingerbread roms only. And if you plan on keeping this phone I highly suggest you root, if not, It's no loss to the rest of us.

you've been....THUNDASTRUCK!

10. jmm5351

jmm5351 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I will man up and admit that I was being incompitant about rooting. I built up the patience and rooted my thunderbolt and I am very pleased. It is awesome now. The process is still a little crazy and takes a good chunk of time though you have to admit. I used BAMF 3.0 RC4 Rom and just used the standard kernel that came built in with it. Is there a better kernel that will work with this Das BAMF 3.0 Rom. And also I am currently using MR2 and was wondering if the MR2.5 radio is any better. Thanks people.

11. Demolition Man

Ratings:
    +0
    7/9 2:10 PM NOTE - EVERYONE PLEASE READ

Over the past few weeks I have been contemplating about keeping the Thunderbolt or selling it. I haven't been fully happy with the device in all honesty and while I have the utmost respect for everything the developers have done to make the Thunderbolt usable in the end I have made the decision to sell it. Or in this case use Verizon's trade in program as its pretty guaranteed to how much I will get for my Thunderbolt. I will continue to update the listing until I can find an suitable person to take over. Thank you everyone on both XDA and Droid Forums for allowing me to run this listing. I am very honored and very proud of this listing and trust me whatever the next device I'll get rather if its the Droid Bionic, Samsung Galaxy S II, or whatever I already plan on doing an listing just like this for that device.

Also to note since I know it will get asked here on DF - I don't know if whomever will take over will continue to updated it here on DF. While I would prefer to get someone who can if that person is unable to for whatever reason I will at least make sure an URL is posted in this thread linking to the XDA thread run by whomever takes over.

#35 Demolition Man, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  12. kjmmarion

kjmmarion New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I see you updated this, but I don't see it anywhere on the list.

Search tags for this page
download new kernal for thunderbolt
how to find what kernel to flash on thunderstick rom
htc thunderbolt roms list xda
official 1.70.605.0 mr2 download
thunderbolt froyo roms
thunderbolt gingerbread kernel
thunderbolt radio list

thunderbolt roms

thunderbolt roms download
thunderbolt v4 download