The Official Thunderbolt ROMs & Kernels Listing 2.0

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone with the Virus rom. The dev has been busy with a rom on the Evo lately. Recently, supposedly his girlfriend lost her Tbolt and he lent her his until she gets a new one, so he can't do much on his Tbolt for the time being, but he claims there will be an update sometime.

Personally I'm using his current release and it's the most stable rom I've used (even compared to newer roms) so here's to hoping his newer releases will be even better.

+1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

texazranger09

Reaction score
What's up with the gingerbread Rom updates I thought those were a no no

you've been....THUNDASTRUCK!

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
Updated earlier today including the links to the new radio/RUU's released. Especially for those wanting to jump to Gingerbread the new radio is great. Enjoy everyone!

Reaction score
I clicked the link to case's page and there's a butt load of them, I'm currently on the first radio leak, which one on that leak is MR2?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
I clicked the link to case's page and there's a butt load of them, I'm currently on the first radio leak, which one on that leak is MR2?

For each respected version its under their respected ROM type - in this case Froyo Sense MR2 and Gingerbread Sense.

jmm5351

Reaction score
I am very advanced when it comes to computers, but I wanted to root my thunderbolt and this is just too confusing. By confusing I don't mean how to root your phone I mean just with all these different roms/kernels.

Why does there have to be so many different roms/kernels out there. It is overwhelming. I have no idea which one to pick. I could spend hours or days trying to find the right one. Wouldn't it be better if the developer who makes their own custom rom makes their own custom kernel to work specifically for their rom and package them together?

Or all the developers work on a single super rom/kernel and include what everyone likes then tweak that super rom/kernel to have different versions for peoples different likes?

It seems this is just too disorganized and roms/kernels are thrown out at will. I appreciate what the developers do it is awesome but can't it be more user friendly or less confusing. I am not bashing anyone of trolling here, I am just wondering about what I said?

texazranger09

Reaction score
I am very advanced when it comes to computers, but I wanted to root my thunderbolt and this is just too confusing. By confusing I don't mean how to root your phone I mean just with all these different roms/kernels.

Why does there have to be so many different roms/kernels out there. It is overwhelming. I have no idea which one to pick. I could spend hours or days trying to find the right one. Wouldn't it be better if the developer who makes their own custom rom makes their own custom kernel to work specifically for their rom and package them together?

Or all the developers work on a single super rom/kernel and include what everyone likes then tweak that super rom/kernel to have different versions for peoples different likes?

It seems this is just too disorganized and roms/kernels are thrown out at will. I appreciate what the developers do it is awesome but can't it be more user friendly or less confusing. I am not bashing anyone of trolling here, I am just wondering about what I said?

Everything is pretty organized honestly. Just pick a Rom and go with it. That's the joy of open source....choices. and a lot of the devs have their own kernels they make with their roms... Just go with it and don't read so far into things, you won't know til you try

jmm5351

Reaction score

Everything is pretty organized honestly. Just pick a Rom and go with it. That's the joy of open source....choices. and a lot of the devs have their own kernels they make with their roms... Just go with it and don't read so far into things, you won't know til you try

You are absolutely right I am jsut going to try one. I do have a question though. I never did this but I am assuming when you root your thunderbolt you will lose contacts, messages, etc... Should I back up everything or does it actually keep all that stuff. And my one other question is what is this MR2 radio thing everyone mentions. I am going to try out Das BAMF 3.0 Rom, what is the best kernel that works with it if anyone knows. Do I also need to download MR2 or MR2.5. Thanks everybody in advance.

Last edited:

jmm5351

Reaction score
never mind I am not going to root my phone. too much crap to do. i been sitting here waiting for all the garbage files to download and its taking eternity. this is something i wanted to do now. i dont know how you all had the patience and I havent even been able to find a really good tutorial out there. everything has to be so obscure about it. the best one i found so far was from android police and it sucks

Last edited: