The Official Thunderbolt ROMs and Kernels Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawna_2001

Reaction score
Some help for noobs. This is a Das Bamf remix 1.4 rom flash on Thunderbolt

[video=youtube;1OnQUYK47UE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OnQUYK47UE[/video]

Ok this is going to be helpful to any noobs... It is my first ever ROM flash... Here you will find an instructional video as well as the steps... Enjoy!

:greendroid: Download and save(to pc) the zip file for Das BMAF 1.4 remix (link will be at the end)
****DO NOT EXTRACT OR RENAME****

:greendroid: Plug in phone via usb to pc set to Disc Drive mode so you are able to brows the SD card. Once done open SD card and paste the downloaded zip file to the root of the sd. You will need to change to charge only mode to do this.
****DO NOT PUT IN A SEPARATE FOLDER****

:greendroid: Go into settings>applications> turn off fastboot then go to the development setting and turn of debugging.

:greendroid:Reboot into clockwork recovery. You can do this 2 different ways: 1-Go to Roms manager and reboot into recovery. 2-Manually by pressing the down volume key and the power button.

:greendroid: Now you are in clockwork recovery on the phone. Volume up and down moves to select different items. The power button is to select the item.

:greendroid: Navigate to backup/restore and choose backup. This will backup what you currently have to the main menu. This will take awhile.

:greendroid: Once it is done you will be back at the clockwork recovery. Now you need to navigate to install zip and choose from sd card. Then navigate down to yes install. Note there will be a bunch of no's make sure you choose yes.

:greendroid: Now it will go through the installation which also takes awhile. Be patient.

:greendroid: You will be back at clockwork recovery again when it finishes.

:greendroid: Choose the go back option until you get to reboot system now.

:greendroid: Choose this option. The phone will reboot. Don't freak out it will take some time, again be patient.

:greendroid: Phone should boot and there you now have flashed a rom.

This will be the same way for installing themes. Make sure you have the right theme for the rom flashed before installing any at all!

Have fun!

Das BMAF 1.4 remix download
http://adrynalyne.grdlock.net/bamf/r..._Remix_1.4.zip
or
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Last edited:

LadyAngler

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OMG! I can't believe you were able to do that while flashing your first rom, on your first smart phone ever! That ROCKS! Excellent Job!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow! Awesome job!

This thread has been Thunder struck!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good job with the video Dawna and thanks for sharing.

I bought ROM Manager when it first came out so now I'm finally using it. When I do backups, I do them from ROM Manager - and I can give it the name of my choice.

When I flash a ROM, I put it on the SD card, but then go into ROM manager, and select to wipe then install the ROM from the SD card.

I never go through steps where I manually say to unmount from SD card, nor do I go into the settings and disable 3rd party apps. I have read where people are having problems with CW Recovery and I'm not sure why. It's been flawless for me so far whether I'm doing a backup, restore, or wipe/install.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well this a bummer, I have my phone set to disk drive and it won't show up on my computer.

Try rebooting your computer.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good job with the video Dawna and thanks for sharing.

I bought ROM Manager when it first came out so now I'm finally using it. When I do backups, I do them from ROM Manager - and I can give it the name of my choice.

When I flash a ROM, I put it on the SD card, but then go into ROM manager, and select to wipe then install the ROM from the SD card.

I never go through steps where I manually say to unmount from SD card, nor do I go into the settings and disable 3rd party apps. I have read where people are having problems with CW Recovery and I'm not sure why. It's been flawless for me so far whether I'm doing a backup, restore, or wipe/install.

I like CW but am leery of RM.

tu3218

Reaction score
It tells me it installed right an recognizes it as a generic USB hub. Then the HTC sync message comes up and and says its not responding and to reconnect it, but still no go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.