The official I've Pre-Ordered a Pixel 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL / Pixel 3a / Pixel 3a XL' started by danDroid, Oct 9, 2018.

1. wicked

wicked Administrator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,751
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3 XL
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
    Gotcha.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

2. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    Nonnasmyladie
    Oh only through verizon you get the charger. I was wondering why I couldn't get it to go through with a free stand from the google site. Now I know.

3. bnpdp

bnpdp Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Current Phone Model:
    God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
    3xl in hand.

AWESOME!!!

One huge difference noticed right away is how the phone handles Fortnite. xl2 could only choose high on graphics, xl3 can go to the highest setting of Epic which is a big difference in visuals. xl2 continually locked up during game play, so far xl3 does not and maybe that's because it's only a couple hours new. But those 2 things tell me there is something different under the hood other than a slightly faster processor.

Hope everyone got their phone today.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bnpdp

bnpdp Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Current Phone Model:
    God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
    I wouldn't recommend the Verizon brand. It isn't curved on the ends so all the way around it doesn't touch the glass. Not really noticable with the phone on but looks horrible when it's off. I loved the Verizon glass for xl2 but this xl3 version is going back to the store.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wicked

wicked Administrator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,751
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 3 XL
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
    Thanks for the heads up. I never buy accessories from Verizon. They charge too much.

I ordered caseology and intelliarmor ones but won't come for another 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I ordered cheapy ones from eBay to hold me over.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

• Like Like x 1
  6. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    Nonnasmyladie
    I got my pixel 3 XL & stand today in the mail. First impression is that this is a sexy phone. It looks so much sleeker than the past two Pixels and it feels nicer. It feels like a quality product in your hand. There may not be many changes hardware wise but this phone feels like a huge upgrade from the original pixel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,478
    Congrats to all who got their phones.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,696
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    It's a definite upgrade from my OG XL. I didn't realize how much I missed dual front firing speakers.

A friend linked me to an article about how you can feel the vibration from the speakers in the back of the phone when the volume is not even 50%. I hadn't noticed while playing a game at reasonable volume, but after reading the article, I cranked some music & you sure can feel it. At 50%, the vibration was pretty strong, but not enough to make the phone rattler around on a flat, smooth surface in my Spigen Rugged Armor case. I don't think this is going to bug me, as I watched some YouTube & Netflix later at a decent volume where I could hear it over my kids & the TV & it didn't bother me.

The notch really isn't bad. I actually had some time where I considered a return to Samsung & even went out of my way to check out a Note 9 & S9+ in-store because I wasn't sure I could live that notch life, but after having it for just over 24 hours, it definitely doesn't bug me or draw my attention or anything.

Battery life for the first day has been great, but it'll be longer before I have a real gauge on that. I didn't have time to check my phone as often today as I do some days during work, but I left battery saver off & had 77% after an hour of streaming music over Bluetooth headphones, occasional checking of social media & news, a quick (5 minute?) phone call, & being in poor service for 7 hours (I was in a building where I had 3G most times I checked & LTE the couple of times I stepped outside). I spent my half hour lunch reading articles & etc.

With the OG XL & it's nearly 2 year old battery, with only slightly heavier usage in good service areas, I can easily have less battery % left at the end of a work day with battery saver being on the whole day.

Those are some of my initial thoughts so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

• Like Like x 2
  9. djsiva

djsiva Active Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Ordered my 3XL last night and got the shipping notification today. I wanted to order before the 17th to get that $50 from Google but the stars didn't align right for me. ;/

Can't wait for Tuesday to get here.

• Like Like x 3
  10. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,478
    Any one went sim free?[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

11. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,696
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I was going to try it, but when I went to the web address listed on that card, it seemed to be a faq or help page & didn't have any list I could find of carriers that support it. I tried a couple of different times, but I figured Verizon didn't support it anyway & just went ahead & put my sim in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL

• Like Like x 1
  12. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,478
    Screenshot 2018-10-18 at 21.16.49.png
    From that page it looked like vzw was one of the only ones that supported it. But to find that I had to search after going to the link on the card. Google did not make the process straight forward that's for sure.

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

news